Helo hang glider????

Thank you very much..I am trying to do something like this..watch an animation on this Russian website..the pilot,engine and the sling are moving in unison..

[email protected]

Hi tsheten
No Joy with either link.
[email protected]... goes to my email program to them as the recipient and dropbox.com
report's:
"invalid link"
"This link wasn't well formed."

The thing is with a efficient hang gliding wing, you'll be able to run down a hill, withy a bit of thrust and without thermals or ridge lift, you could glide a fair distance. But with the drag of a rotor, if you haven't got enough thrust to even overcome the drag, you'll fly for 10 feet and then have to flare for a safe landing. A rotor will glide like a brick without suficient thrust.
JD

I am sorry All_In,may be there are some problem with the link))..try watching the video via the first link i have posted on this thread..

And earthbnd misfit, you're right about the drag from the main rotor trying to slow me down and cut the flight time short..but i am looking forward to using a powerful engine to overcome the drag..to some extent though))..and improve the glide ratio..

kindest regards

I am sorry All_In,may be there are some problem with the link))..try watching the video via the first link i have posted on this thread..

And earthbnd misfit, you're right about the drag from the main rotor trying to slow me down and cut the flight time short..but i am looking forward to using a powerful engine to overcome the drag..to some extent though))..and improve the glide ratio..

kindest regards
Thanks I saw the 1st one, thought the other one was different.:yo:

Well no drawings available for the gyro glider which Mr. shumekyo built..anybody here has any idea regarding the main rotor diameter..I am going to use 8H12 airfoil for the blades..

kindest regards

What should be the minimum power of the engine to pull a 16 foot gyro rotor ?..main rotor NACA 8 H 12 airfoil and having 180 mm chord..

kindest regards