Hello Rotary Wing Folks!

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Mark Given Creation Called "The Predator"
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Hello to All!
I was told I need to introduce myself properly by way of the welcome mat. So here I am OFFICALLY introducing myself...
I am new to the RW Forum. My name is Edna (just call me Ed) I am 43 years old a single Mom of two wonderful Kids, Savannah who’s 22 and Ryan who’s 23.
I have been around Motorcycles my whole life all four of my brothers road, but back in 1993 I met a rather unique individual who has been inspiration in my life since that time! He introduced me to Harleys and not just any kind, a streamlined motorcycle. He also taught me to ride actually his exact words were if your going to hang out with me you’re going to have to learn to ride these things. Well he’s an Ex-Road Racer so I learn to ride from the best. (The going too fast is something I learned from him too!)
I then became a part of his Racing Team for the HD Streamlined Motorcycle. I packed his parachutes, packed lunches and everything thing else in between. It was quite an experience one I will never forget.

Now here he is again he is introducing me to something “new” again and I didn’t think life could be as exciting as it had when I first learned to ride a Harley. He has introduced me to Gyroplanes, a Predator to be exact. Let me tell you I haven’t rode in it yet, but I did sit in it and it made my heart race just thinking about being up in the sky in this incredible mechanical wonder! He has opened my world to some amazing things, but this is going to be hard for even him to top~ Thanks Again Vance Breese!

Then if that wasn’t enough to get me excited he took me to meet Marion Springer Author of Born Free this weekend at El Mirage. I’ve been reading her book and felt so much of a connection with her. To be able to meet her was a delight! Marion is such an incredible person but not at all intimidating. She doesn’t confuse you with a bunch of technical stuff in her book. She keeps it simple and her special warmth comes across. So now meeting her and reading the book means so much more. I also had the opportunity to meet her enchanting daughter Linda. I spoke to Linda about her Mother at some length and appreciated even more this woman Marion Springer and her contribution to the “Rotary World”.
So again I hear these words from Vance if you’re going to hang out with me your going to have to learn how to fly this thing. Yee Haw!! I’m all over it! He’s got me addicted AGAIN!!~~~~~~~Ed

Last edited:

Udi

Platinum Member
Welcome to the forum and to gyros, Edna! You certainly picked yourself a good mentor! Say hi to Vance for me.

Udi

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Welcome, Edna. Flying gyros is way better than riding motorcycles so if you like riding them you'll love gyros.

M._Springer

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Bensen
Total Flight Time
5000+
Hello Ed

Hello Ed

I too welcome you to the gyro gang. I so enjoyed meeting and visiting with you at the Chapter 1 meeting recently. I hope to see you flying a gyro eventually...as for me, I will be flying my gyro again later this year and in my next life I will have a Harley parked next to my gyro.
Come see us again soon.
Marion

Gyro-nut

Gyro Blacksheep
Aircraft
Currently A/C, Sportcopter, and Twinstarr (both for sale)
Total Flight Time
PPL (SEL) - 300 hrs in a single seat A/C
Welcome to Gyro's anonymous. This group is a tad different than the usual addiction classes in that we try to encourage your new habit! Enjoy.

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
To thine own self be true!

To thine own self be true!

From: Racer - Congratulations on your new addiction, Welcome to the forum, nice to have you.
Or you do what I do, ride your Harley to the hanger to fly your Gyro. Life does not get any better than that.

Racer I do believe you have the same vision as myself. What could be better than Harleys & Gyros?? I cannot think of anything… well maybe one thing but I won’t go There! Ed };->

From: Udi -Welcome to the forum and to gyros, Edna! You certainly picked yourself a good mentor! Say hi to Vance for me.

Udi I’ll pass the message on to Vance Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Ed

From: Racer- Welcome, Edna. Flying gyros is way better than riding motorcycles so if you like riding them you'll love gyros.

Racer I get the feeling you are right about that, although I think a gyro will probably be way more exhilarating! ;-) Ed

From Teddy- Welcome, Edna to the Gyros gang
Teddy

Thanks Mr. Teddy!!!

From: Marion- I too welcome you to the gyro gang. I so enjoyed meeting and visiting with you at the Chapter 1 meeting recently. I hope to see you flying a gyro eventually...as for me, I will be flying my gyro again later this year and in my next life I will have a Harley parked next to my gyro.
Come see us again soon.
Marion

Marion I too enjoyed myself at the meeting. I like the gang they are a great crowd to hang out with. I’m excited about joining the Fly In in September. Vance will fly the Gyroplane and I will be bringing up the rear with the trailer and Van Just in case. I expect you will be flying the Gyro at the fly in? As for the Harley…it’s not too late to ride one. ;-) Ed

From:Gyro-Nut Jim A. - Welcome to Gyro's anonymous. This group is a tad different than the usual addiction classes in that we try to encourage your new habit! Enjoy.

Jim A. Hello, my Name is Edna and I have a newly aquired Gyro plane addiction. I believe that it will only get worse that is why I joined this Gyro's anonymous forum to help me to better understand you other Gyro Nuts…LOL Maybe it’s not too late …oh forget I’ll admit it it’s too late for me! To thine own self be true….Ed

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Welcome Edna!
Vance you drug dealer you . . .getting people addicted to flying aluminum! :eek:
Heron

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Thanks Heron it's nice to meet you!
Yes I'd have to say he's a dealer alright first it was Chrome...now it's aluminum go figure!
Well us women are fickle anyway...so I suspect I'd be looking for a new drug anyway!
Cheers! Ed

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
HI again ED, full size pic of you posed with the predetor like in your avitar please.

good luck on your addiction. it gets bad. I almost started to buy a used laptop today.
the guy was going to let me make payments,but he wanted $475.00 for it. I thought about it a few and though heck no. thats rotorblade money..lol

Mark Sanders

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
sparrow hawk
Total Flight Time
Hello and welcome Edna a nice gyro will always steal the show from a harley just traillering it to a airport stops traffic they slow down and look it over real good and give you the thums up as they go bye and when the gyro throttles up it will drown the harley out and you pull away over the fields and leave them back somewere behind you.

Last edited:

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Picture

Picture

From: Animal: HI again ED, full size pic of you posed with the predetor like in your avitar please.

Hey Animal I tried to send it full size but I not having any luck. The computer I'm using to try to send it is a real piece of sh.. well you know. I'll have to to wait until I get home to my lap top to send it to you. As far as the addiction goes I see you do understand that as well...but it's all worth it...right?
Anyway I'll try to re-send the picture to you when I get home.
Have a Great Day! Ed

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
From: Coolbreez- Hello and welcome Edna a nice gyro will always steal the show from a harley just traillering it to a airport stops traffic they slow down and look it over real good and give you the thums up as they go bye and when the gyro throttles up it will drown the harley out and you pull away over the fields and leave them back somewere behind you.

Hi Coolbreez,
You know what? You're right! When I was watching Vance fly the predator last week he was attracting quite a crowd and these were not avaitors they were people who were heading the the ballpark to watch a game and spotted the predator. They were wondering what the heck is that thing and how in the world does it stay up there. Same questions I asked myself. But I had Vance the answer man who throughly explained everything. I can't wait for the oppurtunity to fly in it. I've only flown in an airplane a couple of times and I really enjoyed the take offs and landings, very exciting! I'm not a very well travelled person, but I am hoping to change all that very soon! I'm looking forward to exploring the wild blue yonder.
Nice to hear from you! Ed

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
pic

pic

Hey animal hope this works let me know if it doesn't ED

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Just in case... ;-)

Just in case... ;-)

Let me know... if you receive it ....OK Ed

Attachments

• sgurled.jpg
    sgurled.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
That one worked, very nice.
Trust me once you go up in a gyro, your life will never be the same.

I got out and did some work on my gyro today,I have rised my seat up about 4" to get the trust line more to true CLT. also worked on my insterment pod.
I just keep doing a little bit here and there and it just gets closer each day.
I did a spreadsheet on my computer today and totaled up my cost so far and supriseingly I only have $5,030 in it so far, still need main blades and hope to get a body for it somewhere. but at this point I very well may have less then $7,000 it it when done.
Not bad when ya think about it, about the same price as a used Harley.
Lucky for me I still have a Harley and a Gyro project. life is getting better.

SgurlEd

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Ask Vance's log book
Gyro/Harley

Gyro/Harley

Yea it's amazing how much money you can end up spending isn't it. Still it will be worth it in the end. And like you said you have the best of both worlds right? Gyro / Harley- Harley/ Gyro if ya can't ride on you'll always have the other.
Have a Marvelous Day! Sgurl / Ed

tadgyro

tadgyro
Aircraft
Bensen Type,KB2, KB3 and Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
25 + years
Edna
Every body is against CLONING .They wrong . We need clone you .I like to have a partner like you.
Teddy