Hello from Oklahoma

Rhyde

hello
From Oklahoma.
New to the sport and learning would like find people in Oklahoma or close by to visit with and learn from. anyone on here from Okla? I live in Duncan

i have no flying experience

Hello,
My name is Don Parham. I live near McAlester. I have over 20 years experience building Subaru conversion systems and gyro kits. My phone number is (918) 823-4610. Email: [email protected]. I'm retired now. Call anytime up to 10 PM.

paul patterson is an excellent CFI he lives in edmund,your lucky to have so many good experinced people nearby,eddie...

I know that there isn't many of us in Oklahoma, but I am in Elk City, Ok.
I have been involved with gyros for about 2 years now and so I am just a beginner and still learning.

Hey Robbie, this is Scott Sullins from Lawton, OK. It was good seeing you and Rick at Olney. I've been trying to sponge info from this forumn for a few years but have never felt the need to add anything to the conversation due to by noob status. But now that I jumped in with both feet by getting the Golden Butterfly, it is nice that you two have two Monarchs just 40 miles away. Have you started you kit yet?

Scott

Welcome to the Butterfly family.

Welcome to the Butterfly family.

Hey Robbie, this is Scott Sullins from Lawton, OK. It was good seeing you and Rick at Olney. I've been trying to sponge info from this forumn for a few years but have never felt the need to add anything to the conversation due to by noob status. But now that I jumped in with both feet by getting the Golden Butterfly, it is nice that you two have two Monarchs just 40 miles away. Have you started you kit yet?

Scott

Great to hear of another "local" Butterfly owner - especially a rare Golden.
Did you find a very rare, already-built unit or are you building a kit?????
FJ & I are willing to help anyway we can - if you need it!

If I can get some serious time on the wiring this week - just put in a good 5 hrs start today with a "tutor" - our Aurora should be ready for finishing touches next week-end & planned haul back to Bridgeport to finish up , test-run engine & see Bob Stark for airworthy!!! :whoo:
We are also hoping for some good news by then on the recalcitrant soob engine in our TurboGolden - AKA "Tiggy-B"!!!!:noidea::(
FJ ( farmer jim) & I welcome you to the Butterfly family and hope to meet soon at a future Olney meet or some KS-OK group gathering!!
Cheers mate!

Hay Scott

Hay Scott

Scott

Hay Scott Good to see you on here

and yes you jumped in with both feet. But thats good wish I could. I hope to order an Emperor in the next month or two going do more training first.
Wife said i got to put in a storm shelter before any Gyro
maybe you and Rick will let me shine on you'lls

Rick's not on here he don't have a computer but i try to keep him up to date

Duncan! I did some testing & training there once. Is the whole town still red?

Great to hear of another "local" Butterfly owner - especially a rare Golden.
Did you find a very rare, already-built unit or are you building a kit?????
FJ & I are willing to help anyway we can - if you need it!

If I can get some serious time on the wiring this week - just put in a good 5 hrs start today with a "tutor" - our Aurora should be ready for finishing touches next week-end & planned haul back to Bridgeport to finish up , test-run engine & see Bob Stark for airworthy!!! :whoo:
We are also hoping for some good news by then on the recalcitrant soob engine in our TurboGolden - AKA "Tiggy-B"!!!!:noidea::(
FJ ( farmer jim) & I welcome you to the Butterfly family and hope to meet soon at a future Olney meet or some KS-OK group gathering!!
Cheers mate!
I'm doing an assist build with Larry. It is not quite finished yet. Still need some exhaust work, nose gear and thinking about adding extended range tanks. I hope to get Bob Stark to do the airworthiness cert soon.

Does your turbo golden have extra tanks?

Scott

Goldens

Goldens

I'm doing an assist build with Larry. It is not quite finished yet. Still need some exhaust work, nose gear and thinking about adding extended range tanks. I hope to get Bob Stark to do the airworthiness cert soon.

Does your turbo golden have extra tanks?

Scott

Yes it does --- I think I put up a pic of it on my Aurora build thread - last post?

When did you start building? Where is it now? What engine are you using?

Look foward to meeting you & getting our butterflies airborne! :D

This is the kind of stuff that would be great to have in the Southwest Rotorcraft. Sounds like there is a lot of activity building up in Oklahoma, the rest of the region would like to here about it. If you guys have any pictures, news, or anything that is interesting and would be great to report please send it to me at [email protected].

A new PRA chapter in Oklahoma

A new PRA chapter in Oklahoma

Would their be any interest in starting a new chapter in Oklahoma

Hi Robbie and welcome to the forum and gyroplanes more fun than should be legal!!!

This is the place to learn and starting a local PRA chapter is a great idea.

Would their be any interest in starting a new chapter in Oklahoma

If you are interested in starting a PRA chapter in Oklahoma please send me some details on what your ideas are and who to contact. [email protected] I will post this in the Southwest Rotorcraft newsletter, it goes to a lot a people in Oklahoma and may help you generate some interest. This can also help you spread the news to possible members who don't use the forum.