Helicycle sweeping America

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I have a new business venture.....clearing lots of debris with my Helicyle.

I have a one acre heli-lot next to my home. My dads cornfield was harvested the other day with a strong north wind which blew corn husks and chaf all over the lot. Who ya going to call? Heli-busters.......

I had a mission to get my lot cleared off. Unfortunately my main video showing the whole sideways and back and forth sweep of my lot failed as my camera shut off for some reason. This is a video of the finishing up.....hey, someone has to keep my heli-lot pristine! My oousin was watching from the farm building nearby and soon figured what I was doing. He was busting out laughing and called me later. He said I should have seen the bowl of shucks going up and overhead. It was a perfect day for this as I had a nice north wind that I stayed headed into...and it moved most of the debris in front of the helicopter upwards , over and behind my rotorblades inflow. When I see too much recirculation....I move on. I started from the north end and flew sideways back and forth working my way across my lot. It all ended up in the next field.

Helicycle leaf blowing - YouTube

Stan

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
Stan, you were having fun...everything else is just a bonus. :)

I hovered over a high school football field for 4 hours once trying to help dry it out before a big game. (It seemed rather pointless, there was so much water...but it was free flying for me, and I rarely turn down free helicopter time.)

Your flight seems much more productive than mine though...I just shoved the water around...whereas you had the corn husks flying all over the place!

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
Stan, I have to say it was a very "Zen" experience. For the first hour, I would fixate over a spot and try to stay as motionless as possible. If you can imagine...hovering in one spot, in one direction, for an hour. That was starting to get not fun.

So out of a combination of boredom and a general theory that I could be more effective, I decided to get a bit more...creative. I started doing this thing where I would back up and climb to about 10 feet, then go forward and descend into a mini-quick stop, trying to shove the water forward. By the end, the entire marching band and football team were all out there watching me put on a show. Fun!!

I really think you should do that, and if you do, be sure and post another video! I am totally sold on gyros, but dang, I really love watching your heli videos!

-John

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Someone over in the Indiana or Ohio club used their MAC gyro to fan the flames of a big tree burn pile, he said it cut the burn time to a fraction.