Helicycle - Owners and Tips

Tectweaker

I had been looking into getting a gyro and then started taking some helicopter lessons and getting pretty hooked.

I am thinking fairly seriously to buy a helicycle. I rarely need two seats and would be looking for some short local trips. It seems to fit the bill pretty well. Most of my flying experience is in fixed wing and I have owned planes (including experiementals before).

Any tips and thoughts on buying a used helicycle?

How is the factory support? For parts and other items.

Are the flying characteristics pretty similar to a R22?

Helicycles seem to be priced a bit lower than Mosquito XETs - What it the real reason for that?

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Have a browse through the NTSB reports for Helicycle.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I absolutely loved flying my Helicycle. Excellent design...smooth and very powerful.

Outside of two flameouts which the cause was figured out....mine flew very dependably. I had four gyros and I spent more time on each gyros pre rotator than I spent on my whole Helicycle. Most minimal maintenance machine I ever flew.

I wish everyone could experience the ability to stop in space anyplace anytime. It's another world that I am so fortunate to have experienced. I had several accumulating reasons why I sold mine but financial or mechanical were not the reasons. I changed directions in life and have no regrets at all. Loved my life flying....and an having even more fun shooting my guns.

Factory support was excellent.