Helicycle harassing harvester

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Last evening I took off to check out the countryside and thought I would harass my cousin out harvesting dads corn. I made a few passes....followed by flying parallel to the corn rows behind my home....doing a quick stop followed by a 90 degree turn to hover over my heli-lot.

I was burning my fuel down as I have been wanting to completely drain my fuel sumps just to check for anything foreign.

After my flight...I drained the sumps....and they were perfectly clean. These sumps hold one quart of fuel so they can catch a lot of water. I didnt see so much as one small globule of water.....so all is well.

I hope you enjoy the video.....it sure was a wild ride on the other side...

Helicycle hanging around harvesters - YouTube

Stan

Stan, your videos remind me of why I learned to fly helicopters in the first place...you're living the dream! Excellent flying!

-John

John and Kai- Glad to have you along on the ride. Hey, I did stuff like buzzing tractors and combines for years with my gyros like many of us do. Its just that I could not post pictures proving I was less than 500 ft from them. The quick stops are a riot to do, and are a very necessary maneuver to have drilled into your reflexes. Autorotations end up in a quicksop followed by leveling the skids. Those were real mild ones. Very aggressive ones really stand it on the tail. Stan

Arnie- I know you like watching the combines operating, and I was thinking of you when I was hovering next to the combine and rotating trying to keep the combine in the view, but it wasn't windy enough to keep from recirculating all the corn husks. If you notice in my flying, whenever I start creating a bowl of recirculating debris, and I am in that bowl, I move on promptly. Stan