Helicycle Builder

RDK

Aircraft
Helicycle
Hi Stan,
Stumbled on your Helicycle flying videos, absolutely inspiring for me. I am a group 2 builder, my ship has been finished for several years while I have been concentrating on R22 instruction, only check ride left(finally).
One question: there seems to be some issue about Turbine Helicycle Maintenance Manual getting FSDO approval. Obviously you got yours approved, did you use the factory one or your own creation?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rich

Rich, Stan will be back on the forum on the first. He asked me to post you that he will furnish you with an faa approved manual. :)
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The Feds require a manual for the T-62 But the Helicycle has a cast accessory case .only uses the gears,accessories,Compressor & Hot section. The manuals are field,intermediate,Overhaul. Most people have the overhaul,The one the feds look for is the intermediate manual with the 300 hr inspections.

Thanks for the replies.
There are suppose to be over 60 Helicycles flying/certified(world wide) I'm told there is a new problem(delay) getting the manual FAA approved. Just trying to solve the problem ahead of actual airworthiness inspection. I will be the first Helicycle at my FSDO. Stan is the closest Helicycle(flying) to me, so I thought I would check with him. Thanks again!

Rich- Sorry for taking a break from the forum. I have a thorough turbine maintenance program approved by Vic Liberatore at the FAA office in Illinois. This has been a problem obtaining in oter areas. I made a personal contact with Vic, and because of this, we had several phone calls and e-mais making the changes he wanted sail right thru. Vic and I still call each other. Its nice having FAA friends. My local FSDO all know me well. Stan

Thanks Stan, I now have the latest manual from the Blake. I am submitting the paper work to my FSDO myself,we'll see how it goes.