Helicopter test flight manual needed

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
I know that most of the kit built helicopters come with a test flight manual that contains the steps and requirements to move thru the test flights to be safe to move from ground run, hover, and then flight and autorotations.

If any of you guys have one, would you please contact me on private message so that I may obtain a copy. I would gladly pay for such a copy too.

thanks
David

I am currently training in a R22Beta, did 4 hours last week, have 3 more scheduled for next week. Fun and very responsive.

I know that most of the kit built helicopters come with a test flight manual that contains the steps and requirements to move thru the test flights to be safe to move from ground run, hover, and then flight and autorotations.

If any of you guys have one, would you please contact me on private message so that I may obtain a copy. I would gladly pay for such a copy too.

thanks
David

The FAA has a very good Flight Testing Advisory Circular ### For Phase I of any Experimental Amateur Built aircraft.
https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_90-89B.pdf

The second hyperlink is for the BEST all inclusive guidance for EAB Helicopter flight testing. https://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/vie...ttpsredir=1&article=2726&context=utk_gradthes The author is a retired US Army W-3 who flew Chinooks. I'm pretty sure he flew for the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment which are undisputably the best helicopter pilots in the world.

I found those in a Google search. Yes the second is really good. I was proud to be a Night Stalker but did not care much for Ft Campell in the late summers. Then again after 3 years at the detachment at Hunter Army Airfield, I learned to like Savannah. I learned to skydive just north of Savannah as a old bomber training base in Walterboro SC

BJ Schramm, Dennis Fetter and I submitted to the FAA a set of manuals designed just for the helicopter testing and inspection in the mid 90s.
I wonder what became of our "work"?
Don't know, have never found a reference to it.

Cant remember the FAA guys - Should of kept copies. It was compiled for the DARs - Maybe Rotorcraft directorate Fort Worth.... So long ago

BJ Schramm, Dennis Fetter and I submitted to the FAA a set of manuals designed just for the helicopter testing and inspection in the mid 90s.
I wonder what became of our "work"?

I don't have my copy of our FAA approval test flight syllabus any longer, that was too long ago and those records were lost in the Corona Airport flood in 2010. Too bad.

I do, however, have the Mini-500 flight operation manual if it helps. You need to print it on double sides and fold for it to be in order.

I also still have the Mini-500 Stress Analysis.

Here is a video of some of our Mini-500 testing;

Hope it helps some.

Attachments

• Pilots Opperating Handbook.pdf
    350.4 KB · Views: 20
That flood was a bitch. Moved a lot of planes that day, The water came up the runway at a fast walk, By the time it got to mid field we were up to our butt in water & snapping turtles .

Dennis had water to the rafters My hangar had 8 feet.

Wow, I had heard it was really bad, but had no real idea.

Thanks Dennis

David

Image result for corona air port flood
Closet hangar west end of the 3 hangers on the left. Was Dennis's Mine was the top runway side of the big E

Image result for corona air port flood
3rd on the right close end DF water sports arena

Lost everything. But, gave me a chance to become free and travel the world as a freelance designer, which I have never regretted.

Attachments

• Page 3 Flood Pictures.jpg
    Page 3 Flood Pictures.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Page 1 Flood Pictures.jpg
    Page 1 Flood Pictures.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Page 2 Flood Pictures.jpg
    Page 2 Flood Pictures.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Page4 Flood Pictures.jpg
    Page4 Flood Pictures.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 02-01-05_1135.jpg
    02-01-05_1135.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 24
I learned to fly fixed wing at Corona, was 2001 or 2002 IIRC. Could have been 2003. Enjoyed flying the area,

That was so sad!!!! Many lost it all.

Last edited:
You have accidantelly posted to the wrong thread, this is not "President Trump"....;-)
How many production type certified, maintenance after modification or experimental test flights have you conducted over the years?😁

would of got this one too but Lenny ran out of bucks,

Attachments

• Executive-businessmen-windstar-helicopter.jpg
    Executive-businessmen-windstar-helicopter.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 5