Helicom Commuter H1B ,I restoration of a classic

Tim, I did a happy dance for ya before going to bed also.

That was probably the cheapest insurance you could buy. $140 is a bargain for a peace of mind. I am pulling for you. Have the camera running :)

Hope you get it running Tim. I would love to hear it fire up. I am sure you will have your hands full but if you are able to set up a video camera for some of the initial run-ups I would probably watch it a hundred times.

Also , the other day thesultanofscud had a thread asking about old Vancraft gyro's with a link to some pictures. I flicked thru the rest of the pictures and came across what looks like an early Commuter: http://www.1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/Homebuilt1.htm

Arnie

Congratulations, Tim! I had my fingers crossed all the time and am happy that all went well finally. Are you going to see this H-1B into the air at all (either by you or someone else)?

-- Chris.

Hey, congrats again... Did you happen to see the 2 place kit on Barn's? Might be perfect timing for you...

Well Tim according to google map that would be 764 miles 1528 both ways....... phew!
Tow the damn thing down! LOL

I did not see it, it may be the same guy I got this one from he had 2 extra 2 seat frames and some parts, said he planned to list them soon.

what was it listed under?

Type in Safari, in the search column.... Sounds like the same one you found.

Question; you mentioned the tail torquing right? And not on the pedals. Don't your mains turn "standard" counter-clockwise? Torque effect should be opposite; nose-right, tail left.

Well Tim according to google map that would be 764 miles 1528 both ways....... phew!
Tow the damn thing down! LOL

Great offer Gabor, Maybe in the same spirit, someone can help you get your turbine. So what does it take to transition from piston to turbine?

Wow Tim, It looks great! I'm so happy for you that it runs well. I wish I had money I'd buy it I need to do some time building it would be perfect for me.

Well I'm sure you understand the lack of money! Right.

Anyway it looks great! Good Luck in selling it so you can get a 2 place.

Kandace

Great offer Gabor, Maybe in the same spirit, someone can help you get your turbine. So what does it take to transition from piston to turbine?

Larry it takes a lot of money that's what it takes :) I do not believe in fairy tales but I sure wouldn't say no to an opportunity to gain some turbine time. Nice idea though! :yo:

Kandace,if it was tested and ready to fly I would let you do some time building in it, if you would do some traing with me when I get the 2 seater.

That is very nice of you animal! If only it was flight tested!

Kandace

Tim C. , why don't you buy it for 30K & then let someone actually FLY IT !

Tim, "I don't know"... But you really might want to check into this!...How much is original, etc... Or "maybe for experimental category"???

Link won't post? Go to Wilmington NC. Craigslist, Under general, helicopter dated 4/13.

Last edited:
It Means.......I have been waiting for some time now.......TO SEE IT FLY !!!

Someone check this thing out & at least hover it !