Gyroplane Pilot and CFI Seminar in Arizona this fall.

Aircraft
AutoGyro
Total Flight Time
1000+
Please check out the Gyroplane symposium being hosted at Biosphere II /E77 by Blue Sky Gyros in October:

We hope to see you there and look forward to meeting you!

Planning to "lift-my-gyro-flying skills" to a new level ...my deposit is in!

Chris: At our last gyro club mtg. @ Sport Copter's facility in Scappoose, a couple who you gave rides to @ ROTR a few yrs. back (Lynn & Keith), commented how they think you're an excellent pilot.

They further explained how thorough you were explaining the machine prior to taking them up, and how they tried to convince you to become an instructor, because you seemed to have a natural talent for teaching. They related that you told them you're not planning on becoming a Gyro-CFI.

Keith's eyes lit up when he told of you taking him out flying, highlighted by going down the canyons near Nephi, UT, when it was just about too hot for other gyros to be out in the density altitude.
They are still exploring the market for a two-place gyroplane. Lynn said she will be along not just for the ride, but will also become a pilot herself! She is retiring next month and can hardly wait for her new life outside of working.

I've observed you giving rides for many people @ both Mentone, IN, as well as ROTR when it was still based @ Brigham City, UT. Women seemed comfortable going up in one of these machines when piloted by another female. I eavesdropped on a few of the conversations, noticing how detailed & interesting your commentary was.

Since you're attending this symposium @ the Biosphere in Arizona that seems to be aimed @ Gyro-CFIs, have you changed your future plans RE: becoming an addition to the CFI ranks?

Last edited:
Many thanks for your uplifting words of encouragement Kevin! :cool:

Yes the part 1&3 of the IAPGT is for CFI's ...the part2 is for anyone wishing to improve their piloting skills & knowledge! I am still firm about NOT going down the CFI route (Although I am still "in-the-system as aCFI-in training!".)..despite many influencer's ...wishing I would! I KNOW it is not for me & I am anticipating when all the current trials & tribulations are history ... I can continue my passionate sharing introductory flights in my beautiful TAG gyro! ...& gypsying around to events & new adventures!

I remember Keith & Lynn very well ...great folks & I look forwards to flying with them again ..when they both join the gyro-pilot fraternity! (Crazy thing ...I have some super friends with almost same name... ( Keith & Lynda!) here in the local OZ gyro-club ...living just a bit down the road from my Sunny-coast holiday-home.!!)

Last edited:
Had a nice phone chat with Britta Penca from Blue Sky Gyro’s this morning ....she said the pilot seminar seating is capped at about 140 ..... in USA there are 450 registered participants using the Phil Harwood IAPGT curriculum ...mostly new gyro pilots ... in training or pre- ownership / training stage of their journey! Although in past Harwood symposiums hosted here in USA most of the applicants reserved spots in the last two weeks ..... they are reporting an early influx of registrations & interest ...... IF anyone is thinking about attending this event ...I recommend registering early ...especially with the probable insurance linked benefits in a hardening field of gyro - insurance carriers!

Hi Chris, I've love to go but only if I've got the PRA convention tasks completed... That means the new website up too. So very doubtful I can attend.
However, can you explain more about "...especially with the probable insurance linked benefits in a hardening field of gyro - insurance carriers! " I've not heard of it.

Oh it's in October.

Hi Chris, I've love to go but only if I've got the PRA convention tasks completed... That means the new website up too. So very doubtful I can attend.
However, can you explain more about "...especially with the probable insurance linked benefits in a hardening field of gyro - insurance carriers! " I've not heard of it.

....from the brochure - linked above! Symposium Part 2 ...is open-to any pilot/student pilot ...October 26/27

• Understand the gyroplane. Learn the reasons why a gyroplane is such an awesome aircraft. Questions like: Why is a gyroplane tolerant to gusty conditions? Why can a gyroplane land in such a short distance? Why is a gyroplane so stable?. This event is "Gyroplane Technical - Made Simple".
  • Learn the similarities and the differences between a gyroplane and fixed wing aircraft. Understand the skills you can resuse from fixed wing pilot training, and what you need to focus on when flying a gyroplane.
  • Review the lessons learned from the IAPGT project since 2013, and how you may be able to negotiate a lower insurance premium for your gyroplane.

The last one is the only subject I do not already know. I'd like one on all the emergency procedures.