Gyroplane Lands on Capital Hill Lawn?

Knowing the problem is the first step to correcting it. I find keeping my mouth shut helps.

That appears to be my problem but I am stuck on the first step sadly!

Re-vectoring:

Does anybody else see any worthwhile media coverage/discussion of the corruption issue?

We've had a little bit here.

Re-vectoring:

Does anybody else see any worthwhile media coverage/discussion of the corruption issue?

We've had a little bit here.

If you mean campaign finance reform, all it would take is the people to demand it get changed. There is a couple of billion dollars of inertia behind it, so changing might be a bit of a struggle. And you have the elected officials who also like the system the way it is. Who wouldent want to be in the middle of the swirling billions. So any time the people start to whisper about such things (as finance reform) all they have to do is go back to the tried and true stoppers of anything meaningful, "this will give "them" more power" or "this idea is from the people who want to redistribute wealth" or "this is from the same crowd who want to slash social security". If those fail they always have the rock solid stoppers of guns and abortion. All we have to do as citizens is pick a topic like finance reform and be able to stick with it without so easily falling for the same old chafe that will be thrown up around us.

FWIW
Jason

Now that's what I'm, I mean Doug, is talking about Jason.

It seems that one of the good things about social media is the ability to reach the masses quickly. Aren't there any reform groups out three already providing guidance about how to get this accomplished?

Didn't Doug start a site or belong to a site? I'll have to go back and review one of the early news stories. I'm sure I saw something.

If pilots (either the copter or plane variety) felt like piling on all they could file a "I'm heading to DC too!" flight plan with their local news, leave their local airport on a heading towards DC, turn back when they used up a gallon of gas, and hold a press conference ... Donald Trump does the same thing every four years and they still cover that. The two seaters could take the reporter along for the ride and comment how insurmountable boundaries often fade when viewed from above.

I agree with Doug's original comment that this is something that everybody agrees sucks but not sure if there would be any agreement on how to pull off an intervention. Maybe something like the base closing commissions could slow the flow in a way that the various machines didn't turn into gerrymandering V9.0

If you mean campaign finance reform...All we have to do as citizens is pick a topic like finance reform and be able to stick with it without so easily falling for the same old chafe that will be thrown up around us.

Most campaign finance laws just push the illicit activity underground. If we insist on leaving government free to subsidize wars, the poor, and corporate interests, we are asking for corrupt campaign financing to continue.

As long as there are favors for sale, there will be buyers. Just as was the case with Levis in the Soviet Union, if it's illegal to sell favors in broad daylight, the marketplace will move to alleys at night.

The guys who wrote our Constitution were pretty smart, and the regime of George III was pretty corrupt. They tried to protect us from ourselves, but also predicted we'd become to complacent to care. We largely ignore actions by all three branches of our federal government which seize power from the states and the people, in violation of the Constitution, and creative interpretations such as the case law on interstate commerce.

I don't expect politicians to do much about it since they benefit so greatly from the practice. I also don't expect media will do much either, and they usually deflect reporting on Doug's flight away from finance reform because they too benefit greatly. After all, what does much of the money buy? Campaign ads!

Here is how to fix our system. Take the money out of it!!!

1) Make it illegal to buy their vote. Make it illegal donate to any particular candidate directly or indirectly and NO PAC money either.

2) If you wish to donate all donations go into a BLIND general fund that is divided by all candidates on all sides/parties equally and it can only be spent on transpiration costs etc. No candidate has any idea of who gave!

3) Any citizen who can get a certain number of signatures say (100,000) may run for office. This is not finance reform but remove the two party system picking who is going to run and opens it to grass root candidates we the voters may select instead of the party bosses in back rooms.

4) Only debates are allowed and the TV stations must carry them for free! This is the only way to TEST, vet their idea's and to really find out about the candidates.

5) Advertizing on TV is illegal they are mostly distortions and lies anyway! This removes the rich guy from spending his own money to buy the office.

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea to do a fund raiser, buy the Gyronamo at gov auction and donate it to the Smithsonian?

Would it be a good idea to do a fund raiser, buy the Gyronamo at gov auction and donate it to the Smithsonian?

I like that Idea. My buddy Bruce Charvof has donated to them in the past and has contacts with them.

How would PRA buy it?

I like that Idea. My buddy Bruce Charvof has donated to them in the past and has contacts with them.

How would PRA buy it?

KickStarter Campaign??

I also don't expect media will do much either, and they usually deflect reporting on Doug's flight away from finance reform because they too benefit greatly. After all, what does much of the money buy? Campaign ads!

John, having spent 30 years in broadcasting, I can tell you that the reason his message was lost was because anger over campaign finance is not news, and his incursion into the airspace was a MUCH more interesting story. He overshadowed himself, basically, by making the delivery method more newsworthy than what he delivered.

Everyone thinks the network CEO (or VP of Sales) is somehow involved in editorial decisions, but that is extremely rare. It's just that editors are looking for the stories with the most emotional impact, and TV editors are looking for the stories with the most emotional visual impact. When it comes to elections, they ignore underfunded and fringe-message candidates because they're tasked with attracting the largest audience, and the Clintons and Bushes do that.

The only thing that we shake this country to its senses is to hit the bottom and hit it HARD. Both sides of the isle are so entrenched at the hog trough....so many are living off the government as it runs its printing presses day and night falsely pumping up our economy.

When the chicken comes home to roost...
It is going to be something else.

The US of A aint alone in that respect Stan.
Theres alota fat that will be trimmed off this population as well wen the crunch comes, and ill die a happy man if i live long enuf to see it in action.;)

The only thing that we shake this country to its senses is to hit the bottom and hit it HARD. Both sides of the isle are so entrenched at the hog trough....so many are living off the government as it runs its printing presses day and night falsely pumping up our economy.

Way back in 1835 the French political philosopher and historical writer Alexis de Tocqueville, after touring and closely studing this new republic, wrote a book entitled "Democracy in America". He had some serious reservations concerning the longivity of this new political experiment. One of his most notable quotes was "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” It's difficult to imagine how accurate his many predictions were way back then. This book (two volumes) is well worth reading, particularly in this day with what we are facing.
Stan, I agree a total collapse is near. I just hope we the people can dig our way out and somehow restore the Constitution and the spirit in which it was intended.

Same in the UK. Borrowing and printing our childrens future labour. Nothing but a total collapse will bring home reality. Then we can start again and remove ourselves from this fantasy.

Bloody ell, must agree with the Bird on all accounts. This profound statement hurts me so much deep down. Unbelievable.
Kym.

Same in Austria. It seems that democracy leads to a state where the dumb masses pay for the wellfare of the leaders and are kept quiet by a few morsels and goodies thrown to them as leftovers. Apparently we are able, as a species, to act united if it comes to overthrow an autoritarian government which openly suppresses people (as demonstrated by numerous examples in the recent past). Not so, however, if the government maintains the guise of being democratically elected and spends some money on placating the masses. We are apparently happy enough to go on living in this twilight state.

So long as we are not able to put common wellfare before our personal convenience, nothing will change.

Unfortunately, we seem not to be sufficiently far evolved yet to take that step. We still, e.g., throw rubbish out of the car window to keep our personal space (the car) clean with utter disregard for our common environment. I would be so happy if the people of America would decide to take their country back. That, in my eyes, would truly establish the US as a super power.

I am rooting for you! -- Chris.

Last edited: