Gyroplane Lands on Capital Hill Lawn?

Nothin' to get excited about.....there were those that did this very thing way before him. It does look like a seat tank from Tom Milton however...

Should of been a C-130 specter . Congress & our so called president have committed treason.

Gyros are small potatoes , American citizens & her Commerce has been attacked for the last 8 years thank you.

No, the tank is below the engine. GyRonimo had a boat seat with no fuel capacity.

I think it was timed for IRS Tax Day, I think he just wanted to make sure his Federal income tax return was in on time... didn't anyone tell him he could get an extension?

Last edited:
He obviously trailered it to Virginia from FLA, then flew across the Potomac to the Capital. Looks like he burned about 3 gallons of fuel, so he could have taken off from Leesburg's airport. But I doubt it. More likely he didn't take off from a public airport.

No matter, it must have been a beautiful, exciting flight barnstorming the National Mall, eh? Idiot. Fidiot. Talk about your MORONS!

you can't hide stupid!!

To this point, only a few of you have addressed Mr.Hughes message that our country is in deep trouble. I for one am very proud that a fellow Gyro pilot did what he could to raise awareness. Took a lot of guts to do it.

Thank you Mr. Hughes

Just got word!
Oh. My. GOD.

This could be either good or bad for the Gyro Community.
FOR SALE; Benson - Cheap!

Damn, I was a few miles from this, did not see it. A guy I have not heard from in over a year called to make sure it wasn't me.

I thought maybe Pres. was down sizing like a lot have had to do. This was his new ride!!!!! Really not funny, but takes guts(or no smarts) to do this, cause out come for him is probably not real good!!! And he did it old school, love that, nice gyro!!!

People used to land there years ago, maybe he's just reviving an old tradition?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Stupid? An Ignorant label ..You un-American boobs have no clue to the treason going on behind closed doors.

An American tradition ,petitioning the unhearing ears of so called leaders.

If the live feed was ever activated on his website, then there should be a copy of the flying video that can be embedded here, in a thread titled "Would You Fly Over This? ROTFLU :lol:

The news reports seem to indicate he took off from Gettysburg, PA, but no way he could have flown from there to the capital on 3 gallons of gas in a 2-cycle. You can see he has almost 2 gallons of gas left in his tank, and it's 50 miles from Gettysburg to the Capital Bldg lawn, in a perfectly straight line. That's more like a 4-5 gallons flight, minimum.

Or did he???

Last edited:
OMG gyrocopters are all over the news! I just turned on CNN and its the top story! Not sure if this will be good for the gyro community :( ??

Who cares? For the moment we're ALL having a riotous good time with this, and we aren't climbing all over each and other calling each other a$$#0!es....yet. But don't worry, I'm sure the brow-beating and name calling will commence soon. For the moment there seems to be some consensus, though. AND THIS, IN AN OBVIOUSLY POLITICAL THREAD! Haha! never thought I'd live to see the day.

theres ways of getting your point across....this aint the way! Just Dumb!

Well, a Cessna 172 and a UH-1H both share landing in that same neck of the woods and they still let those roam the skies. Glad nobody was hurt or injured. I believe as he does that campaign finance reform needs attention. No other country in the world pisses away as much money as we do to elect a figurehead.

The PRA ought to take this opportunity to get a spokesman on the news feeds extolling the virtues and explaining airspace and ultralight regulations.

p.s. I have seen a whole lot nuttier people flying gyros and airplanes. I imagine he'll be staying at the gray bar hotel for a while.