Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Still on hold with tech support...

Sv.grainne

try PRA.org. Bummer...

I had to create a new server because it would not store even the website files.
The security certificate I bought was assigned to the too-small server.
Now it is not on my list to assign it to this new larger server I just created yesterday.

I'm waiting for technical support to unassign it from the old and reassign it to the new.
2nd Tier Technical support often takes them 48 hrs to respond by email.
So I wait and wait.

Bet I have 600 hours in the last 7 months on hold and talking to technical support with 5 hosting providers until I found a real solution as to what product PRA even needed and what software and patches need to be uploaded and added to a private server to publish the new state-of-the-art Core .Net5.
Who is your hosting provider? Hope it's not Hagen...

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Who is your hosting provider? Hope it's not Hagen...
It's now IONOS.
These are never-ending delays. Tech support had me recreate the server image as their so-called easy fix. OK, 3rd time is so easy as you just did it a few days before.
The new problem is it kept part of the old database and database server with the wrong name.
Deleted it and recreated the database server for this package.
But, there is always a BUTT.

When I go to add a new table in the new server none of my servers are listed after recreating the image. IONOS gave up not knowing why either. 3 hours after I posted here.

Now I wait 24 hours for an escalated ticket to Plesk the software manufacture that we have paid a subscription to use to set up servers.

Dang, I swear NOTHING on this project has been easy!!!
The main problem is I'm a first adapter as had to write a new site anyway.

Few other programmers are using the new .Net5
And they won't have to rewrite their old ASP.NET websites until they start dying in 3 to 5 years because ASP.NET is not being supported anymore. Like Windows 7 died.

I've been writing ASP.NET for 10 years. They are easy to publish with many videos to teach you and all programmers can answer questions newbies have on forums because it's been the one to use for 30 years.

The new Core .NET long-term support websites. None of the 6 hosting providers even knew there was a new fully compiled programming laungage of Core .Net5 or its power.

The forums could not answer any of my questions correctly. Most were BS answers that took two or three days to test sometime a week to only fail again #10,317th time.

I have never failed at anything for as long in my entire life!!

If I ever finish this project. I'm going to make a video on what you really need to know and how to set it up. Once you know all the magic/secrets it is easy. Only take 3 or 4 days maybe a week. But never recreate your Image, even if tech supports tells you that is the easy fix!!

Why after you set up a database with Plesk it will keep part of the old one set up a new one and then show you NONE of them because it's confused as to which one to use = is my suspicion!!! There should only be one real one!

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
We should take this to a new thread ...
I really need to get back to work. But I love you guys and gals on this forum and when on hold I steal time to see what's up.