Gyroplane Flight Manual

Lbrown

Aircraft
1953 Tri-pacer for 15 yrs-sold last month-Bought a Single seat Dominator
Total Flight Time
I was asked by my CFI to read this manual. I found a number of books on the internet with different publishing dates and two different authors. One is Paul C. Abbott and the other is Paul B. Abbott. These books are rather expensive, so I would like to purchase the right one. Can anyone tell which one is the right one?

Thanks,
Lonnie Brown

I am not sure if you CFI was talking about this one... There is a manual at the FAA site that is a free download. Around 200 pages give or take. IMO worth printing and studying if one wants to fly Gyro's. The book online is specific to gyro flying, yet covers most of the characteristics of rotorcraft flight.

He did mention that manual and I have copied the gyro part, but also told me to get the Gyroplane Flight Manual, by Paul Abbott. I talked to a lady from PRA this morning when I joined the PRA club. She told me that she talked to Paul Abbott about re-publishing the book. She said that he said he was not going to do that. At that time I didn't realize that there were more then one book and two authors with the same name, but different middle initials. If I can't find the answer here, I will call PRA next week to find out.

Thanks

Paul Bergen Abbott wrote the Gyroplane Flight Manual and Understanding the gyroplane.

One book was blue and the other was red. One was a flight instruction manual, the other was a study of gyroplane flight physics and aerodynamics.

I must have sold a hundred of each when I was an Air Command dealer.

Paul Abbott brought quite a lot to the rotorcraft movement. Paul was the ONLY gyro pilot I ever saw, use a written pre-flight check list. Paul was arguably the best Rotorcraft magazine editor the PRA ever had.

I was very sad the day he left gyros and sold his machine.

Understanding the Gyroplane (569B): Paul Bergen Abbott ...
www.amazon.com/Understanding...569B-Bergen-Abbott/.../1888723017‎
Understanding the Gyroplane (569B) [Paul Bergen Abbott] on Amazon.com. *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. Here's hard-to-find information on ...

The Gyroplane Flight Manual: Paul Bergen Abbott: 9781888723007 ...
www.amazon.com › Books › Sports & Outdoors › Miscellaneous‎
The Gyroplane Flight Manual [Paul Bergen Abbott] on Amazon.com. *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. This is the world's most popular
book on ...

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, I've been flying FW aircraft for 40 yrs and need all the help I can get. I just sold my airplane and bought a Dominator Gyro. Thanks again Lonnie

Lonnie, thank you for your suport of PRA. I have a copy of the Paul Brrgen Abbott book which I've read from cover to cover several times. It is what I studied before I ever set foot in a gyro. I would be happy to send it to you. I think it's a great read. PM me your address and I'll get it on its way. you may share it with someone else when you are through with it. Stan V.

Thanks Stan, I appreciate your generosity, but I just purchased one from Amazon book store. It seems like everyone in the Gyro world is willing give a helping hand, that makes me fill comfortable about asking questions.

Thanks again,
Lonnie

Gyroplane Flight Manual

Stan,

I thought I had ordered the Paul Bergen Gyro Fight Manual from Amazon. com, but I had never ordered from them before. My wife said I should have gotten a email to verify that. I never got the email, so if you still have the book, and are willing to part with it, I'll take it. I will pay you for It, just let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks,
Lonnie

Lonnie, two of my brother chapter 56 gyronauts have it now. Amazon should still have it available.

I was asked by my CFI to read this manual. I found a number of books on the internet with different publishing dates and two different authors. One is Paul C. Abbott and the other is Paul B. Abbott. These books are rather expensive, so I would like to purchase the right one. Can anyone tell which one is the right one?

Thanks,
Lonnie Brown

Best ask your instructor to be more specific, what flight manuals he wants you to read and from where to buy them. There are hundreds of such manuals and I can say that all are based on Bensen's Flight Manuals. Many books mention even Bensens name to make them more attractive, like "With An Introduction By Igor Bensen."
I did not see anything in those books that it is not included in Bensen's.