Gyroplan as sprayer?

Rafirauscher

Aircraft
Drifter
Total Flight Time
Approx 1k
:director: ELA is unique Gyroplane, the stability, very small and smooth shaking, the front windshield is so effective that possible to fly even without helmet. For my small experience the ELA is the best airplane I ever flew.

People asking me about spaying of vineyard with Gyro, is anyone has some info, technical or know such sprayers, or someone with experience?

The weather here is still good for "Friday" flying.

Rafi

Rafi,

Shai Noi who is located at Megido airport does spray in his gyro for years - it should worth to contact him.

I wonder what the size of the spray tanks are. Weight or capacity of them. It seemed really draggy with the spray rig on it. The nose of the gyro went way up on take off.

Rafi,

Shai Noi who is located at Megido airport does spray in his gyro for years - it should worth to contact him.

Hi Alex,

I know shay well, You are right, I need to speak with him.
By the way, there is a Russian company named OSKBESK MAI, they are making small gyro with sprayer, I sent them message via their link but so far no response, if you have some contact info pls send.

Take care,
Rafi

By the way, there is a Russian company named OSKBESK MAI, they are making small gyro with sprayer, I sent them message via their link but so far no response, if you have some contact info pls send.

Rafi,

I know this company, it's a small design group based in Moscow Aviation Institute (note that institute here means "high school", not a scientific institute). Yes, they built a gyro 7-8 years ago and it made some test flights. But this project was frozen soon after that and it never flown with AG-equipment. I think it doesn't worth to try to contact them.

As for ELA I will try to get some more information about their gyros flying on AG-spraying later next month when their rep visits Moscow ( the end of November). And - if you can communicate in Spanish language (I cannot) - there are phone numbers on that AG-video so the guy may be contacted as well. It would be interesting to know about his experience from first hand.
I showed this video to our local pilots who makes AG-spraying on trikes. They told that spray trace after gyro on this vid looks way different than after a trike or an airplane - no vortices, plain covering. Some told that's good, some told not. Let's try to accumulate more info.
It would be interesting to know what will Shai tell you about his experience.

Cheers,

Alex
We stumbled on something good here in Florida . . .good news for next year.
I will keep you posted!
Very exciting!
Heron