Gyrocopter Training in Tampa Bay area?

Tim Travis

Aircraft
None now
Total Flight Time
I'm new to the Club and just getting started in gyrocopters and in need of intro rides and gyro flight training in the Tampa Bay vicinity hopefully...any suggestions regarding how/where to accomplish this? Thanks...Tim Travis

The best advice I can give you is to make a "pilgrimage" to the Wauchula, Florida airport and get to know the gyro folk there. They can point you to the best local path. You can look at the instructors page on http://www.pra.org, but my previous comment still stands as my best advice.

I think they are usually around most weekends when the flying weather is good. Perhaps one will chime in and give you a more predictable schedule and perhaps a contact number.

Tampa Bay area Gyro Training

Tampa Bay area Gyro Training

Thanks, Jon...will do exactly that...in addition, I called the Dominator folks today and they're on vacation until the 17th...appreciate your response...Tim

Tim,
I am Ernie's son. If I can answer any questions give me a call 813-802-8031.

Do you have a certificate in any other aircraft? Looking for add on or full training?

Also contact Dofin Fritts in Brewton. [email protected]
Hes ot a good operation and reasonable rates. Will come to you if you have your own gyro.

Greg Spicola has purchased a Dom 2-seater from Dave Seace and may provide training in the Zephyrhills area.

So Greg finally got his instructor rating, that is good news. Congratulations.

Also contact Dofin Fritts in Brewton.
Hes ot a good operation and reasonable rates. Will come to you if you have your own gyro.
I heartily do not recommend this CFI.
I purchased a gyro from him, and spent 15 hours in dual instruction.
I feel blessed not to be his 7th student fatality.

Kolibri

You really should find some other hobby that bumping a 4 year old thread just to piss on someone.

Kolibri, your a little late!

willisbr, you'd still object to my "pissing" on DF even this thread were created an hour ago. 6 students of his are dead. What other gyro CFI has such a "score"? Why does this remain no big deal to you?

Attachments

• RAF 2000 fatalities in the USA with pilot experience.jpg
    RAF 2000 fatalities in the USA with pilot experience.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1
willisbr, you'd still object to my "pissing" on DF even this thread were created an hour ago. 6 students of his are dead. What other gyro CFI has such a "score"? Why does this remain no big deal to you?

If the accident listed on 11/5/2006 was the green frog RAF, he also received instruction in Brewton.

It's still eccentric and weird that you'd bring it back from the dead. Why? Why this thread?

Kolibri:
No problem. Take instruction at Zephyrhills from Greg Spicola and order our gyroplane which will now be manufactured right here. We will fully stand behind it and support you. Problem solved for all of Tampa Bay area.