Gyrocopter Training in Tampa Bay area?

Tim Travis

Aircraft
None now
Total Flight Time
I'm new to the Club and just getting started in gyrocopters and in need of intro rides and gyro flight training in the Tampa Bay vicinity hopefully...any suggestions regarding how/where to accomplish this? Thanks...Tim Travis

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
The best advice I can give you is to make a "pilgrimage" to the Wauchula, Florida airport and get to know the gyro folk there. They can point you to the best local path. You can look at the instructors page on http://www.pra.org, but my previous comment still stands as my best advice.

I think they are usually around most weekends when the flying weather is good. Perhaps one will chime in and give you a more predictable schedule and perhaps a contact number.

Tim Travis

Aircraft
None now
Total Flight Time
Tampa Bay area Gyro Training

Tampa Bay area Gyro Training

Thanks, Jon...will do exactly that...in addition, I called the Dominator folks today and they're on vacation until the 17th...appreciate your response...Tim

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
Do you have a certificate in any other aircraft? Looking for add on or full training?

Also contact Dofin Fritts in Brewton. [email protected]
Hes ot a good operation and reasonable rates. Will come to you if you have your own gyro.

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
Greg Spicola has purchased a Dom 2-seater from Dave Seace and may provide training in the Zephyrhills area.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
So Greg finally got his instructor rating, that is good news. Congratulations.

Kolibri

FW and Gyros
Aircraft
Cessna 152, 172, 172RG, 177, 206 -- Piper 180 -- RV-7A -- Calidus -- RAF2000 -- Sport Copter II and
Total Flight Time
1000+
Also contact Dofin Fritts in Brewton.
Hes ot a good operation and reasonable rates. Will come to you if you have your own gyro.
I heartily do not recommend this CFI.
I purchased a gyro from him, and spent 15 hours in dual instruction.
I feel blessed not to be his 7th student fatality.

Kolibri

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
You really should find some other hobby that bumping a 4 year old thread just to piss on someone.

j bird

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator/Airworthiness Certificate 9/06/12
Total Flight Time
26.5 duel,RAF,Sparrow-Hawk,Cavalon,Calidus.
Kolibri, your a little late!

Kolibri

FW and Gyros
Aircraft
Cessna 152, 172, 172RG, 177, 206 -- Piper 180 -- RV-7A -- Calidus -- RAF2000 -- Sport Copter II and
Total Flight Time
1000+
willisbr, you'd still object to my "pissing" on DF even this thread were created an hour ago. 6 students of his are dead. What other gyro CFI has such a "score"? Why does this remain no big deal to you?

Attachments

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
willisbr, you'd still object to my "pissing" on DF even this thread were created an hour ago. 6 students of his are dead. What other gyro CFI has such a "score"? Why does this remain no big deal to you?

If the accident listed on 11/5/2006 was the green frog RAF, he also received instruction in Brewton.

The Guv'na

Window licker
Aircraft
Magni M-16 (fun), Boeing 747-400 (work)
Total Flight Time
It's still eccentric and weird that you'd bring it back from the dead. Why? Why this thread?

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
Kolibri:
No problem. Take instruction at Zephyrhills from Greg Spicola and order our gyroplane which will now be manufactured right here. We will fully stand behind it and support you. Problem solved for all of Tampa Bay area.