Gyrocopter paradise: majorca Island, Spain

AndyTille

Gyro-Flight Instructor
Aircraft
ELA 07s
Total Flight Time
1000+
Hi guys, i like to show you some photo from beautyfull holiday Island MAJORCA. Is a spanisch island in he mediterrenian sea with most time good weather. And, the island got lot's different variation, nice sandy beaches, rocky cost, mountain......and this all on only 70 by 40 miles......have a look and enjoy the first selection from the round island trip, photos made from my girlfriend:

Attachments

• Yachten-vor-Es-Trenc.jpg
    Yachten-vor-Es-Trenc.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Cap-Salinas.jpg
    Cap-Salinas.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Cala-Pi.jpg
    Cala-Pi.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Andy-Avispon-Vilafranca.jpg
    Andy-Avispon-Vilafranca.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Boote-in-Bucht-7.jpg
    Boote-in-Bucht-7.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Blick-zurueck-17.jpg
    Blick-zurueck-17.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Berge-bei-Costa-de-la-Pina.jpg
    Berge-bei-Costa-de-la-Pina.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0
  • B.-v.-Alcudia-2.jpg
    B.-v.-Alcudia-2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
If this is the first selection of photos, does that mean you have more to show us Andy?

Blue sky, sunshine, clear water that shows the shoreline underneath, it looks WONDERFUL!

Your lady friend took some great shots, especially the rearward one catching both the rotorblade and prop in action!

Hi Kevin and all others, yes, there are more photos to show.......the small island is incredible rich on impressive nature......have a look on part 2 of...???? i dont know yet.......

Attachments

• Can-Picafort-3.jpg
    Can-Picafort-3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Alcudia-5.jpg
    Alcudia-5.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Straende-Mallorcas-4.jpg
    Straende-Mallorcas-4.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Nordkueste-Bucht-von-Alcudi.jpg
    Nordkueste-Bucht-von-Alcudi.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Bucht-von-Alcudia.jpg
    Bucht-von-Alcudia.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Leuchtturm-Cap-Formentor-8.jpg
    Leuchtturm-Cap-Formentor-8.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Cap-Formentor-9.jpg
    Cap-Formentor-9.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pollenca-6.jpg
    Pollenca-6.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm thinking that a gyro on floats would be the ticket...:)

ANDY, thank you for the beautiful pictures.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE move away from the sea coast and / or get some protection on your rod ends. Picture 6 frightens me zoomed in.

YIKES! That does look a bit scary....

Hi Andy,

I have to agree, address that corrosion problem immediately. We all would hate to read about a control rod failure and resulting fatality.

Still, those photographs are fantastic!

Wayne

Thanks guys, that's lovley you are afaid for my rods and for me. The oxidation problem we have.......but is only superficial, not get into the material. The skin of all steel parts looks after 2 month on Majorca ugly. In spain we have to use strong steel screws and fittings, they are galvanized, and we put grease or some protection spray like Quicksilver corrosion protect on the parts.....that what you see on the photo. The white stuff, if is corrotion, have to look like red rust because all screws and fittings have to be made from high resistend quality steel 8.8, 10.8 or 12.9, nothing else are allowed. You see is the grease or spray (i use the Qiuicksilver boat spray) we put on and: we change the parts regulary if start rearl corrotion and red marks are shown.......cheers, Andy

Last edited:
ANDY, thank you for the beautiful pictures.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE move away from the sea coast and / or get some protection on your rod ends. Picture 6 frightens me zoomed in.

Tom, it looks like your warning was prophetic... :(

attachment.php

I have seen some report of loosing control at the final turn,
"unexpected movements of the gyroplane".

I joined this forum to hopefully give you guys some peace of mind. Andy did everything to the best of his ability and knowledge. I did the DI the day before, ready to fly myself.
As a new solo flyer I opted not to on the day. EC-KUT was in show condition, freshly locktited and red paint marked. The rods were fine.
Colin.

I have attached a photo of Andys Gyro dated 14-11-11.
This is without his red spray grease and dust.
We are all searching for answers and reasons.
sincerely,
Colin.

Attachments

• DSC08400.jpg
    DSC08400.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0