Gyro Warning System

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
PS:
When I hear of new inventions like this I cannot help but think of the future improvements to any device.
Once it is fully tested you could easily couple it to autopilot and take over when the newbie is going to crash.
No more flying behind the power curve you could force her to parallel the runway gaining speed.
Heck, I could program an MCU to take off herself. But where would the fun in that be?

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
PS:
When I hear of new inventions like this I cannot help but think of the future improvements to any device.
Once it is fully tested you could easily couple it to autopilot and take over when the newbie is going to crash.
No more flying behind the power curve you could force her to parallel the runway gaining speed.
Heck, I could program an MCU to take off herself. But where would the fun in that be?

A human pilot should always be able to over-power and thus override any autopilot or similar device. At the end of the day you want a trained pilot to make the best decision not the machine. This is just another tool to give pilot warning before things go completely far off

Mike G

Aircraft
Owned Magni M16 now ELA 07
Total Flight Time
550FW + 500 gyro
John (All In)
"you could force her to parallel the runway gaining speed"
think 737 MAX.

If you want RTB training we have to discuss again because the last time you wanted me to train one PRA guy, he makes a video during training and you go on to sell, or give, it to your members. Sorry but no, that would be unfair on all those that have already paid for training.

For the GWS, the work with Abid will be all prototype work and I doubt if Abid will want guys milling around while we do that and I certainly don't. When it's up and running I'm sure Abid will report back here on the forum.

Mike

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 380 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes
John (All In)
"you could force her to parallel the runway gaining speed"
think 737 MAX.

If you want RTB training we have to discuss again because the last time you wanted me to train one PRA guy, he makes a video during training and you go on to sell, or give, it to your members. Sorry but no, that would be unfair on all those that have already paid for training.

For the GWS, the work with Abid will be all prototype work and I doubt if Abid will want guys milling around while we do that and I certainly don't. When it's up and running I'm sure Abid will report back here on the forum.

Mike
Yeah we don’t want others while we do installation and testing of GWS the first time.

the idea is to determine its effectiveness and price and see if we make it a part of our platform as standard equipment.