Gyro trailer

Sunsale

I have been doing a trailer drawing. Im far from a Draftsman capable person and fortunate to draw a straight line at times, so use your imagination with the drawings. Im atempting a very versatile trailer, one man rotor remove and install,full time hanger, transport and camp capable, plus maybe squeeze my dirt bike in the back. Im curious of your thoughts on the design aspect of it for a one man operation. i would use a scaffold at the front to remove the teeter bolt. Im going to check on a build price but am already sure with the living quarters it will be expensive. Could be a reasonable priced unit as a fifth wheel without the living quarters.

My thoughts to send for a custom build quote: design is fo a Magni M-24
gyrotrlr1.jpeggyrotrl2.jpeggyrotrl3.jpeg
I would need three guide tracks for the wheels and a winch up front to pull it in and tie downs in the floor to secure it. On the roof I need AC and on inside celling a winch to lift a 100 lb. rotor and trolly it to the wall with four wall supports to secure the rotor blade to with padding. LED ceiling lights. At the back I would want a drop down from the wall, a bed that could sleep 2. In the front I need toilet, shower sink, fridge, holding tanks , hot water, microwave and various 110 outlets in the trailer , 12v battery and generator compartment, 110 shore power and city water hookup. Best smooth ride suspension I can get . 8’ width with wheel wells inside. One man door near front to enter. Only privacy at front needed in the form of a wall would be for the toilet and of course a closed in shower. I will also need to take in to consideration ventilation as this will also be a permanent hanger for the gyro. Also a spare tire mounted someplace.

Last edited:
Depending on the size of the water/holding tanks, that could be a lot of weight up front. If possible distribute some/most of that along and over the trailer axle wheels. Don't forget to make room for that Doberman!

Depending on the size of the water/holding tanks, that could be a lot of weight up front. If possible distribute some/most of that along and over the trailer axle wheels. Don't forget to make room for that Doberman!
Good thought on the holding tanks. The Princess always travels with her toys and memory foam dog bed. Then she just moves it to where ever suits her. Usually as close as she can get to us. Thanks for the input. Great meeting you at Mentone. I just got a ecopy of the Magni M-24 915is Owners manual if your interested. Not sure how you send a private email and attatchment on here if even possible.

Should be a nice trailer mate once done.
If it is large enough to keep the rotors together inside I would try to design it so the rotor stay's on the machine.
While it is definitely not ideal to travel with the rotor on, if done right it can be done in my opinion.

wolfy

Yes sir, good meeting you as well. Thanks for the offer, but I have a copy as well.

Just to give you some more ideas to play with, I built a trailer for a Mosquito and make the rear part of the floor separate and connected via a hand winch. This allowed it to be raised from ground level to flush with the main floor for easy loading/unloading.Trailer1.jpg

I have been doing a trailer drawing. Im far from a Draftsman capable person and fortunate to draw a straight line at times, so use your imagination with the drawings. Im atempting a very versatile trailer, one man rotor remove and install,full time hanger, transport and camp capable, plus maybe squeeze my dirt bike in the back. Im curious of your thoughts on the design aspect of it for a one man operation. i would use a scaffold at the front to remove the teeter bolt. Im going to check on a build price but am already sure with the living quarters it will be expensive. Could be a reasonable priced unit as a fifth wheel without the living quarters.

My thoughts to send for a custom build quote: design is fo a Magni M-24
View attachment 1152928View attachment 1152929View attachment 1152930
I would need three guide tracks for the wheels and a winch up front to pull it in and tie downs in the floor to secure it. On the roof I need AC and on inside celling a winch to lift a 100 lb. rotor and trolly it to the wall with four wall supports to secure the rotor blade to with padding. LED ceiling lights. At the back I would want a drop down from the wall, a bed that could sleep 2. In the front I need toilet, shower sink, fridge, holding tanks , hot water, microwave and various 110 outlets in the trailer , 12v battery and generator compartment, 110 shore power and city water hookup. Best smooth ride suspension I can get . 8’ width with wheel wells inside. One man door near front to enter. Only privacy at front needed in the form of a wall would be for the toilet and of course a closed in shower. I will also need to take in to consideration ventilation as this will also be a permanent hanger for the gyro. Also a spare tire mounted someplace.
I had a similar trailer build for my AutoGyro MTO - but without living quarters.
I leave the rotor on when hangered. Use a winch to pull it it. Guides on the floor to make sure I don't hit the sides.
The trailer is tall enough to lift the rotor off inside.
I installed solar panels for winch, lights and an inverter.
I park it at BXK in the winter, and AZ82 in the summer.
Strong winds so I tie it down.
One thing to check out - if you fly an M24, the straight keel will be a problem if you are
planning on a ramp tailgate. Double check your angles and clearance. My AutoGyro MTO
works fine - but not a lot of excess clearance.
I have pictures - files are to large to post. Happy to e-mail them.

I had a similar trailer build for my AutoGyro MTO - but without living quarters.
I leave the rotor on when hangered. Use a winch to pull it it. Guides on the floor to make sure I don't hit the sides.
The trailer is tall enough to lift the rotor off inside.
I installed solar panels for winch, lights and an inverter.
I park it at BXK in the winter, and AZ82 in the summer.
Strong winds so I tie it down.
One thing to check out - if you fly an M24, the straight keel will be a problem if you are
planning on a ramp tailgate. Double check your angles and clearance. My AutoGyro MTO
works fine - but not a lot of excess clearance.
I have pictures - files are to large to post. Happy to e-mail them.
yes very interested in seeing them. email to [email protected]