Gyro Technic GT VX1

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
About time this gyro kit appeared here. The GTVX1 is a new kit on the market. It is an evolutionary development that has improved upon and modified previous designs while retaining the complete simplicity of a barebones single seat gyro.

Dennis built his first gyro over ten years ago, his build log a testament to the lengths he would go to produce the very highest quality workmanship in every single piece. He has improved, innovated and designed a machine that is very safe and flies beautifully. The quality and attention to detail can be seen by visiting his site. http://gyrotechnic.com/

He is presently in the process of setting up his Rotor Blade production and all indications are that these two will be a high quality offering that many of us a very interested to see. This I am quite sure is going to become a very popular kit/gyro.

My youngest son who is a Delta Airlines Tech 2 Ground technician has just visited Denis’s Factory yesterday.

Stuart and I built our Hornet autogyro together from plans for the Hornet. which was a drop keel follow on to Ralph Taggarts Gyro Bee, so thought he had an idea of what he might be seeing. http://airaile.free.fr/AIRAILE/construction/autogire/gbeer50.pdf
The Bee was originally an ultralight designed to be powered by the Rotax 447 and the inspiration or genesis of the GTVX-1which is now a totally different machine

Denis was an amazing host who collected him from the airport, took him back for a tour. My son was totally blown away, and hugely impressed with the quality control, standard of workmanship, design and finish of the kits, together with the manufacture process and finished Razor Blade rotor blades that Denis is now making. Used to airline standards he was very complimentary about everything he saw and has taken a great many photos which I am just going through now. Really nice work Denis.

It is an extremely well thought out design and an amazing kit

Unfortunately Mattholew all Stuarts pictures were dowloaded onto a memory stick which held the plans both 2D and 3D for the VX1. This was then submitted to the LAA Chief Engineer in the UK as part of an approval process I am going through in order to try and get this kit approved in the UK.

You might find the build log of the GT-VX2 Explorer interesting though as that has many pictures of the build, and the workshop.

You can find that on the Builders Forum.