Gyro Student seeks CFI at PRA Convention 2020 Mentone.

curtisscholl

Aircraft
Building Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
60+
Good Day to All

PRA Convention 2020 will soon be here. If there are any CFI's there this year, I would like to arrange for some instruction to gain some experience.
I do not have any preference as to the aircraft the instructor uses. I have been in a Magni M16 trainer a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it but now it is time to get serious.
A higher gross weight aircraft will be necessary unfortunately. I am at 256 lbs. trying to get down to 220. Saturday or Sunday, either works.

Please let me know if you would care to take on another student that weekend.

Curtis Scholl
[email protected]
PP SEL

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
I am not sure if I am flying to Mentone this year yet. Will decide soon. If I do fly a gyro there (AR-1), I am a full total of 145 pounds so your 250 pounds isn't going to hurt the gyro with me in it. I have to make the call soon.

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
The useful load of a Magni M16 with a 912 ULS is about 600 lbs. Your current weight and a full tank of fuel only come to about 370...

curtisscholl

Aircraft
Building Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
60+
Tyger:

Thank you for the response.

I checked the specs of a few of the air frames. I did not think I would over gross that air frame EXCEPT when the instructor was approaching my weight and a full fuel load. Even then I had a small margin. I do not want to come near gross weight if I can help it.

Curtis Scholl

curtisscholl

Aircraft
Building Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
60+
Fara

Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye out for any and all CFI responses.

Curtis Scholl

Tyger

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
My instructor was about your weight, and I'm 200 lbs. We never had a problem with the M16