Gyro Rental in Florida Anyone?

Charles007

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of any Gyro rental available in Florida.

Will be over for Sun n Fun. Need a gyro to build a few hours to do the Commercial. If anyone knows of such a facility please let me know.

Alternatively if anyone wants to share some flying I am happy to meet you anywhere in FL.

Best wishes

Charles

Rental of Experimental aircraft (which includes most gyros here) in the U.S. is generally not permitted by FAA regulations.

You might be able to arrange it as "instruction" from a CFI with a Letter of Deviation Authority, or perhaps find a willing owner with a Primary Category bird.

I presume you mean the Commercial Pilot practical exam? You will need a recommendation from a CFI anyway, so flying with one is appropriate.

Raul Salazar @ "Blades-overUS" (Vero beach area)...may be your best point of contact -gyro school/sales & CFI.

Rental of Experimental aircraft (which includes most gyros here) in the U.S. is generally not permitted by FAA regulations.

You might be able to arrange it as "instruction" from a CFI with a Letter of Deviation Authority, or perhaps find a willing owner with a Primary Category bird.

I presume you mean the Commercial Pilot practical exam? You will need a recommendation from a CFI anyway, so flying with one is appropriate.
Thank you for that.

Yes I thought maybe if an instructor signs me off for solo, there may be an opportunity to do 'cross country solo training flights' or something to that effect.

Another option I would consider is a joint Ownership - perhaps a group. Or perhaps a 'try before you buy' arrangement - although I am not likely to buy one outright at the moment.

Raul Salazar @ "Blades-overUS" (Vero beach area)...may be your best point of contact -gyro school/sales & CFI.
Thanks Chris, I know Raul. I had not thought of that. I was due to do some flying with him last year but when we finally got some weather he was happy with, he had carb problems with his machine.

I will drop him a note.