Gyro pilots in St. Louis?

MWM

I'm going to be moving up to St. Louis here in the next week, and I was wondering, does anybody know of a gyro-friendly airport in the area?

I haven't flown in a while, and I'm still a novice, but I need to get back in the air!

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
There's a small aviation museum across the river in Illinois that I once visited. The gentleman there told me that on any nice Saturday you can find many experimental aircraft flying at the Creve Coeur Airport. I've never had the opportunity to visit there as yet. Might be worth a look.

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
Michael, you might contact Greg Gremminger, the US distributor for Magni. His website says his training is based at Perry, MO. That might be a longer drive from St. Louis than you'd want to make every time you fly, but he may know of other options in the area.

MWM

It looks like the Creve Coeur Airport is pretty close to where I live; I'll have to check them out once I'm over there.
Perry looks pretty far, but I'll probably drive up there to see it sometime if I get a chance.

Thanks guys.

MWM

Have either of you heard of the Reimler International Ultralight Airport? I see it on the map, but I can't find any information about it.

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
Don't forget the

"Mount Vernon Fly-in" is "Sept 13-15th"

That is Mount Vernon, Illinois
This is the perfect facility to host a fly-in. Ya'll should try to come!!!
Hope to see some of the Lansing guys come down.

k413

Aircraft
None.
Total Flight Time
About 40 hours - no license
Welcome to Saint Louis. Creve Couer airport has several types of aircraft; from Waco biplanes, taildragger Cessna's, turbine powered experimentals, to an Avenger with folding wings. Unfortunately, I do not know of any gyroplanes at the airport. Saint Charles county airport has two Magnis, and a highly modified Bee in the hangers. The Magnis fly often, and the bee is getting a larger engine I think. Gregg is in Perryville MO which is about 1 1/2 hours from downtown Saint Louis, and is the Magni dealer for this area. To answer your original question, Saint Charles County airport is probably the airport that is most familiar with gyros.

Ghetto Wash

Aircraft
PPC
Total Flight Time
Bob McDaniel is the airport director at St Louis Downtown Airport. He is a PPC pilot and accommodates PPC's at this busy airport. I'm certain he would allow a gyro regular use of the facility.

Give him a call - he seems like a nice guy. I don't know him personally, just know him from the PPC forum.

MWM

I start a week from today. Have you done anything else to yours since I last saw it, Gary?