Gyro Instruction

GyroChuck

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Mosquito XE-285, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
Just a heads up to Chapter 18 members who were not at the last meeting.

After getting some legalities taken care of. I am offering Gyroplane Instruction to Chapter 18 members only. The location will still be at the Lansing, IL municipal airport.

You can refer to this web site for more information; http://gyroflight.8m.com

For anyone who has their own 2-place machine and needs either training or a Flight Review. You do not have to be a member of Chapter 18.

Chuck:

This is GREAT news. You can be sure that as soon as my gyro is ready to fly again, I'll be calling you.

Bob

Sounds like a great recruiting tool for Chapter 18. Anyone that wants instruction has to be a member of the local chapter. I may have to talk to Mike about that concept, as that could swell the numbers of our chapter members. Why the limitation Chuck?

What if you are from Lansing and want to join 18? Rich Lidke and I talked about that a while ago. Just not much in my area.

Chuck is probably going to blush from me saying this, but in my opinion Chuck is one of the mellowest, coolest, calmest people I have run across. On top of that he is very knowledgable on gyros and helicopters. I would love to have him as an instructor. My helicopter instructor was like Chuck, very patient, would let you figure out your mistakes before screaming them at you one milli-second after the error. Way to go Chuck, any student of yours is lucky. Stan

Sounds like a great recruiting tool for Chapter 18. Anyone that wants instruction has to be a member of the local chapter. I may have to talk to Mike about that concept, as that could swell the numbers of our chapter members. Why the limitation Chuck?

If I offer instruction to everyone then it's considered a business. To operate a "business" on our airport you have to register with the city and get a permit. Then you have to register with the airport as a business and pay a fee. I believe the fee is $1,000 a month.

So I'm only offering instruction as a courtesy to club members.

We have a new airport manager and the club is trying real hard to stay on his good side. He could make it real hard for the club if he decides to.

The old airport manager would look the other way unless someone complained.

What if you are from Lansing and want to join 18? Rich Lidke and I talked about that a while ago. Just not much in my area.

You realize we're in Lansing Illinois. Not Lansing Michigan ;-)

If you want to join our chapter. The dues are $25/yr.

I noticed our club web site does not have adequate information on where to send the $25 to. I emailed our web guru and asked him to add a page for that. It will probably take him a few days to get it done.

That's good news Chuck!

You gave me my first gyro ride about this time last year. I hope I can join Chapter 18 and start some training this summer. All I need is a way to join, and the location of a nice campground for weekend training.

What will your rates be?

Eric

I know, kinda funny, sister cities.

When I was driving down to Indiana to build - Rich took me to his local meeting and I was at the (was it a horsetrack or something?) gun and knife show or whatever helping Rich display his airframe along with a couple other gyros.

We had talked about me just joining because I was down pretty close to there anyways to see Rich.

I came down another time to help with the young eagle program where Rich was doing the ground instruction.

It isn't exactly close but at least you guys are active.

Wow Chuck that is awesome!

I can finally come down and get some gyro instruction!

All I need now is for you to train me to proficiency and I can take a Commercial Gyro checkride! WooHoo!

What are your rates going to be?

Kandace

Chuck - can you call me?

Chuck - can you call me?

Chuck - can you call me or send me an email with your phone number. I have some further questions for you. I have my Flight review done but am still confused about The next step. Please check your messages, I'll send contact and further info. Thanks jtm