Gyro Fun

You may have said already Barry but what camera set up are you using?

wolfy
Hey Wolfy
On ther right side is a Sony FDR AX53 handycam Left is a go pro 5. I just got a go pro 9 that I am making a new mount for Can’t wait to try out the new stabilization it is supposed to have.

Barry those trees can come up and get you. Fly safe

Thank you for sharing the fun!

The images are stunning and the video is nicely edited.

Very cool vid. I just get the willies when I see trees in all directions. I'd be too afraid of an engine out and nowhere to land. The shoreline shots are amazing. I hope to have that experience someday soon.

Very cool vid. I just get the willies when I see trees in all directions. I'd be too afraid of an engine out and nowhere to land. The shoreline shots are amazing. I hope to have that experience someday soon.
Hey Brian
I hear what you’re saying. At that altitude you don’t need an engine out to ruin your day a simple burp could be catastrophic. Those flights are very very specific. In total I would say it would be less then 2% of my flying time. 98% is spent at least 3000 feet MSL in my area though you have to get used to flying over trees. There are such large expenses we’re even at 8000 AGL you’re not gonna see a road or an opening. I’ll post some video of what I’m talking about it always amazes me how much land there is here that is still wilderness

Hey Brian
I hear what you’re saying. At that altitude you don’t need an engine out to ruin your day a simple burp could be catastrophic. Those flights are very very specific. In total I would say it would be less then 2% of my flying time. 98% is spent at least 3000 feet MSL in my area though you have to get used to flying over trees. There are such large expenses we’re even at 8000 AGL you’re not gonna see a road or an opening. I’ll post some video of what I’m talking about it always amazes me how much land there is here that is still wilderness
I hear ya. NJ is the most populated state in the US and the North West area where I live is mostly wilderness. Looking forward to seeing more of your flight adventures.

Barry those trees can come up and get you. Fly safe
Fara - I had someone following me when flying my Vortex M-912 and found out the two seaters aren’t as agile getting out of places and trees do come up real fast... Nice to have some extra power when needed. Good ole days...

Barry - Greg always taught to fly around all the thick patches of broccoli so what you doing flying over so much of it in previous post? Nice videos!

Fara - I had someone following me when flying my Vortex M-912 and found out the two seaters aren’t as agile getting out of places and trees do come up real fast... Nice to have some extra power when needed. Good ole days...

Barry - Greg always taught to fly around all the thick patches of broccoli so what you doing flying over so much of it in previous post? Nice videos!
Or the person following you didn’t have the practice to make them maneuverable. I can see light single seats that’s true for but not a single seat that weighs about the same as a 2 seat.

The turns always look and are tighter when you are slower. Vortex is slower significantly but that doesn’t mean 2 seaters can’t slow down. It can but making turns at slower speed with it require some practice. My $0.02 and worth what you paid for it.

Hey Brian
Hear is a short video of what I was talking about. I just can not glide that far at any altitude.
Trees https://youtu.be/gyMb6ChZct4
Hi Barry.

Beautiful country but looks a lot tougher than me. Think I'd be too nervousness to fly there in my little GyroBee. Are there any roads that provide an occasional clearing for a vertical decent? I haven't started training yet but guessing we'll cover ways to minimize risk. Thanks for posting the vid. Great shots.

Brian

Or the person following you didn’t have the practice to make them maneuverable. I can see light single seats that’s true for but not a single seat that weighs about the same as a 2 seat.

The turns always look and are tighter when you are slower. Vortex is slower significantly but that doesn’t mean 2 seaters can’t slow down. It can but making turns at slower speed with it require some practice. My $0.02 and worth what you paid for it.
Hey Dave
The guy was just not trying to follow you. He was trying to keep you in the center of his monitor while filming you. Filming and flying at the same time is very difficult. It did not have anything to do with it being a two seater following a single seater. I think Abid is correct

Last edited:
Hey Brian
I know some people that bemoan the loss of farmland in the northeast, but little do they realize how much has actually just reverted to woodland.
Folks I've taken flying in the Hudson valley are often amazed by the proportion of land covered by trees.

I know some people that bemoan the loss of farmland in the northeast, but little do they realize how much has actually just reverted to woodland.
Folks I've taken flying in the Hudson valley are often amazed by the proportion of land covered by trees.
Just wonder how many undiscovered tribes still living in those areas?