Gyro for sale

Aircraft
AutoGyro
Total Flight Time
1000+
Single place. Partially disassembled. Complete - all parts in excellent shape. Rotax 912 UL (300 hours since new). Dominator pod - painted "Lemon Ice" - shiny with no paint scratches or chips and good windshield. Air Command 10 gallon seat tank. 25' Dragon Wing Kroozer rotors - 150 hours since new and very smooth - excellent shape. RFD Slider head - 150 hours since new. Mule drive pre-rotator - 220 rpm. Grand Rapids EIS. Analog instruments. 48 spoke BMX wheels. 3 wheel brakes. Art Evans designed over-ride heel ground steering - will turn a tight 360. 2 sets of installed rudder pedals (short or tall pilots). Vernier quick-adjust trim. Set up for Icom radio (not included). Tall wood tail built by Dick DeGraw - also excellent shape. Complete center line thrust airframe. This gyro has been de-registered. Never in an accident - it flew beautifully, and could easily be re-assembled and flown. Pictures and video available upon request. $13,500.
520-840-0186

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 100
Mark, is that your rig at San Manuel?

Single place. Partially disassembled. Complete - all parts in excellent shape. Rotax 912 UL (300 hours since new). Dominator pod - painted "Lemon Ice" - shiny with no paint scratches or chips and good windshield. Air Command 10 gallon seat tank. 25' Dragon Wing Kroozer rotors - 150 hours since new and very smooth - excellent shape. RFD Slider head - 150 hours since new. Mule drive pre-rotator - 220 rpm. Grand Rapids EIS. Analog instruments. 48 spoke BMX wheels. 3 wheel brakes. Art Evans designed over-ride heel ground steering - will turn a tight 360. 2 sets of installed rudder pedals (short or tall pilots). Vernier quick-adjust trim. Set up for Icom radio (not included). Tall wood tail built by Dick DeGraw - also excellent shape. Complete center line thrust airframe. This gyro has been de-registered. Never in an accident - it flew beautifully, and could easily be re-assembled and flown. Pictures and video available upon request. $13,500.
520-840-0186
That's a great price!!!

520-840-0186

Is this in Tucson?

That is an awesome price. That engine alone is worth almost that price. I know you loved that Carlanator when you first finished it what happened?

De registering it makes it just a pile of parts. But even a this as a pile of parts is a fair price. I would buy it if I didn't have to go far to get it.

I really like the gyro. I'd like to have it.

Ron is right. It's a long drawn out and costly process since it was de-registered.

Hi Ben and Mike,

Yes, that is my old gyro. I sold it in 2015 and have it back to sell for the owner. Britta and I have a PC 915 MTO Sport, and with the 912 MTO Classic in the hangar and another PC MTO Sport coming in next month the hangar is full and I do not have the time to mess with it. The second owner never flew it, but started the engine every month. I can verify that since I have another close friend at the same airport who witnessed how he took care of it. The engine is still on the airframe. I pulled off the oil and coolant hoses. They were in need of replacement even though they looked “pretty good”. I wouldn’t want anyone to attempt to fly it in that condition! The owner wanted it taken apart to lessen the liability, and of course since I am the builder, I didn’t argue with that. I had great fun and many adventures with that bird (Britta dubbed it Woodstock II). Several have asked me why I didn’t buy it back. I thought long and hard about it but have decided I am finished with it. Now I go out and do a pre-flight and go flying with no tinkering involved. I also work for a copper exploration company, so my time is limited. Thanks for the nice compliments. It will be a very good purchase for someone.

Sounds like y’all are having fun. I sure did enjoy hanging out with you both at Mentone. You both deserve all the success and happiness you are getting. Congratulations. Long way from that Air Command Tandem. Tell your better half I said hi and don’t trust those students as dad always said they are trying to kill you at all times.

Last edited:
I've seen this gyro in person at KBFFI in years past. A fine machine.

How are you and Britta doing? I haven't see you both since the passing of Marion.

Wayne