Gyro For Sale

dick

I'm selling this Bensen Brock hybrid Gyro plane. I was very familiar with the Bensen Gyro copter because I had been flying since 1977 and I like the airframe design. While building this one. I wanted to implement the best features and weight saving that Ken Brock had designed. Along with the time proven airframe the Bensen Gyro copter already had. I put the down tubes from the mast to the axle to strengthening for hard landings if needed. The rotor blades are the very first blades that Jim McCutchen made with a 3° milled pitch in the hub, which was revolutionary at the time. They are 23 foot long with an 8 inch cord and are smooth as glass in flight. I'm including an extra rebuilt 532 rebuilt engine with two extra 2.58 gearboxes one of which is been rebuilt. Also included are blade covers, blade support stands, and an aluminum storage box for transport. It has an Airworthy Certificate and I have the repairman certificate for performing conditional annual inspections. I have several gauges that are included that have never been installed. I'm also including the GPS III and mount. What's not included is the helmet and radio combination. With everything mentioned I'm selling this for $8000.
Here are some links of me fly in this Gyro

Attachments

• DSC00197.JPG
    DSC00197.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00204.JPG
    DSC00204.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00201.JPG
    DSC00201.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
This is one of the best little machines I have ever seen. I know because I have several hours flying beside it and
I am flying the Dominator in the videos.
Dick keeps it meticulous. The gyro alone is worth what he is asking without all the extras he has offered here.
A second engine & gear boxes too? Really??!! If your passion is flying in uncontrolled airspace, this IS YOUR MACHINE...
Someone here will get a steal of a deal. Whoever buys this should head directly to the nearest lottery office for
a ticket because it's his lucky day!!
gyroanimation.gif

I'm selling this Bensen Brock hybrid Gyro plane. I was very familiar with the Bensen Gyro copter because I had been flying since 1977 and I like the airframe design. While building this one. I wanted to implement the best features and weight saving that Ken Brock had designed. Along with the time proven airframe the Bensen Gyro copter already had. I put the down tubes from the mast to the axle to strengthening for hard landings if needed. The rotor blades are the very first blades that Jim McCutchen made with a 3° milled pitch in the hub, which was revolutionary at the time. They are 23 foot long with an 8 inch cord and are smooth as glass in flight. I'm including an extra rebuilt 532 rebuilt engine with two extra 2.58 gearboxes one of which is been rebuilt. Also included are blade covers, blade support stands, and an aluminum storage box for transport. It has an Airworthy Certificate and I have the repairman certificate for performing conditional annual inspections. I have several gauges that are included that have never been installed. I'm also including the GPS III and mount. What's not included is the helmet and radio combination. With everything mentioned I'm selling this for $9000.
Hi Dick,
I’m interested. What airfield are you flying from? I have a few questions if you don’t mind. I can be reached most anytime at 480 209 7807 (Cave Creek, AZ). Thanks, Mike Jackson

Hello Mike, I fly out at the Colorado Air and Space Port, “ Formally known as Front Range Airport “....

Dick: What numbers were you able to get for rrpms on those Skywheels using that belt-reversing drive Ken Brock made?

Hello Kevin, somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 to 140 RPMs. Certainly nothing close to what the Wunderlich pre-rotators do. But enough to where you don’t have to hand pump the blades... Way beyond the critical flapping zone depending on your technique.

Maybe I can fly my Husky over to visit you Dick and Mark. Found a hanger at Platte Valley. Looks like Front Range is close to DIA. Dave

I'm selling this Bensen Brock hybrid Gyro plane. I was very familiar with the Bensen Gyro copter because I had been flying since 1977 and I like the airframe design. While building this one. I wanted to implement the best features and weight saving that Ken Brock had designed. Along with the time proven airframe the Bensen Gyro copter already had. I put the down tubes from the mast to the axle to strengthening for hard landings if needed. The rotor blades are the very first blades that Jim McCutchen made with a 3° milled pitch in the hub, which was revolutionary at the time. They are 23 foot long with an 8 inch cord and are smooth as glass in flight. I'm including an extra rebuilt 532 rebuilt engine with two extra 2.58 gearboxes one of which is been rebuilt. Also included are blade covers, blade support stands, and an aluminum storage box for transport. It has an Airworthy Certificate and I have the repairman certificate for performing conditional annual inspections. I have several gauges that are included that have never been installed. I'm also including the GPS III and mount. What's not included is the helmet and radio combination. With everything mentioned I'm selling this for $9000.
What is the actual year the gyro was fabricated.

What is the actual year the gyro was fabricated.
The date of manufacturing for the airworthy certificate is dated July 10, 2006, however I had been assembling and testing it years before that starting 1998.... I had taken it to the California high desert Chapter one flying to conduct the early stages of flight.

hello Mike, I just posted another picture on top of a side angle perspective. The horizontal stabilizer is my design in shape and size but is in the proper position that was originally designed for it. It works both as a rock and pebble deflector caused by the vacuum of the prop as well as a pitch dampener.

Was that last thread a typo. I was under the impression it was being sold for that price back in November.

I'm very interested in your gyro for sale Dick. Give me a call at (513) 304-1076 when you have time or if there is a better way to contact you message me.