Gyro Dual Training Returns to Utah!

PW_Plack

This got posted in an unrelated thread, and I thought it might get found more readily if it had its own:

Airgyro now has a sparrow hawk for training. I will be picking it up from GBA ASAP. I talked to them today and it is all approved.

I don't know how quickly a LODA can be turned around, but we have a great FSDO. Check for status at Airgyro Aviation, (801) 794-3434.

We'll also try to keep updated status on www.utahrotorcraft.org and www.pra2.org.

That would be great I've been waiting for this to happen.

I thought they already were training. Did they used to offer training in the past?

I thought they already were training. Did they used to offer training in the past?

Nothing consistent in the last couple of years. When GBA stopped making SparrowHawks, there wasn't much need for a dealership. They've been creative in getting machines temporarily, but when things slow down, the machines are sold.

We'll do our best to keep Mike busy!

Is Mike going to become a DPE? :rapture:
and will there be another CFI in the same area?

The west coast is really needing this to happen.

Thanks PW for the post. It's great to see that instruction is creeping closer and closer to the West coast where wannabees like me are located. Kinda motivating, it is.

Is Mike going to become a DPE? :rapture:
and will there be another CFI in the same area?

I'm not sure why this hasn't been promoted more, but there are two other gyro CFIs within a few minutes drive of Mike. The machine has always been the missing piece. If you're a Private/Airplane living in the western US and want your Sport Pilot/Gyro add-on, Salt Lake City's the place and this fall's the time to git 'er done!

As for Mike getting his DPE so you can get the full Private/Gyro, we keep dropping strong hints and hoping!

Paul who are the other two CFI's that you mention ?