G's - Blade and maneuvers

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Well, I certainly screwed up that interpretation.

Sv.grainne

Jon, that's true and funny, in a sad way.
Jean speaks universal math fluently which is my 2nd language!!
It is also sad that most Americans cannot speak/interpret math correctly either.
US government schools suck!
US Government Schools- last I checked no such thing.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
So far I've never got light in the seat of my pants in a gyro so it's not a problem to keep 1 G or more + G's making less than 1 G and negative G's a nonissue with normal gyroplane pilot control inputs.
Could perhaps occur in severe turbulence with a micro-down draft weather condition.

We are taught that if you find yourself in weather or pilot created negative G condition to enter a vertical descent to speed the blades back up and then slightly lower the nose and gently add power back in to straight and level.
How does the weather create a negative G event in a gyroplane?

How does a gyroplane pilot create a negative G event?

How would a vertical descent speed up the rotor flying a gyroplane?

In a gyroplane low G event I was taught and teach to reduce the chance of a power push over by reducing power.

Some people advocate loading the rotor in by entering a bank in certain specific low G maneuvers; for example at the top of a zoom climb. I recommend against a zoom climb because it unloads the rotor as I approach the top.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Good point. I guess all the military academies, FBI academy, maybe the service schools, etc. Do the tribal schools still exist on tribal lands? I guess we should be careful when making blanket statements.
For a time, while my father was stationed at and quartered on base at Eglin AFB in Florida, I attended Eglin Elementary, which was US Gov operated back then.

Generally, US public schools are indeed government run, it's just not the Federal government. When I was teaching, I was employed by a local district regional authority and paid through Santa Clara County.

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
Generally, US public schools are indeed government run, it's just not the Federal government.
Yes. I suspect Bobby was talking about the federal government, as was I. But as you and Tyler rightfully point out, there are numerous federally operated schools. I had literally forgotten about all the schools on DOD installations, all the service academies, etc. Odd, since my children went to school on military installations.