Got the Helicycle home

ylf

Aircraft
T-Bird2 / Helicycle
Total Flight Time
Thanks for the offer Todd, but I'm in SE Kansas so it'd be a long haul. I'll just wait my turn and keep watching your videos while I wait.

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Lowes

Lowes

Stan,

I'm looking at buying a balancer at the end of the month. Maybe we could spend a weekend checking the balance on our machines. Also, does anyone build doors for the Helicycle? After building 4 previous experimentals I am a little burned out on the building process and would gladly pay for someone to build doors.

Lowes has some pretty nice Larson doors, and they have screens to keep the flies out.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Todd- I found the doors very time consuming to build. I had to make two sets of doors....the full winter doors and the half doors for summer flying.

My problem is I am a klutz when it comes to working with fiberglass. I can get it done...but it takes me way much longer than it should. Like I told you earlier....I would have been better off paying my body shop man to do the fiberglass and painting work while I built stairways.

The half doors increase your speed considerably over having no doors at all.....and when you put the full doors on....its even faster.

I have my half doors on right now...but when it gets to October, I will install one full door on the right side....then later in the year I will install the other full door. You will be good to go even at 0 degrees out.

Stan

baronpilot

Aircraft
Baron B55, Bonanza V35, Brantly B2B
Total Flight Time
Stan,

I have the 1/2 doors right now. I'm going to post on the Builder's group and see if someone wants to make another set of doors for a little extra spending cash.

tomb2b

Aircraft
brantly b2b
HI would doors of a RAF 2000 GYRO work if they where modified.. look to be close in design and shape.. just a try.... I don't no....hope this helps

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
You can buy the correct doors from Eagle R&D, and the fiberglass door channel.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Hi Todd

Thanks for sharing the fun!!!

baronpilot

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
You are most Welcome. This thing is just crazy fun. I'm going to take a break for a week. I think I am addicted :)

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Todd- As I have said several times, I wish everyone could experience one flight in a Helicycle, then our exuberence may be understood! Stan

Last edited:

baronpilot

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Alright, I need help. I went out to the hangar just to check on something and could not resist. Flew for another 40 minutes for no reason whatsoever. This thing is worse than cocaine.

ylf

Aircraft
T-Bird2 / Helicycle
Total Flight Time
That's terrible, I want to help, I can be there Wednesday to get it out of your sight for a couple months while you recover. :)

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Todd- I had to have my fix of kerocane today also. The only cure is to go fly.

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Hey Todd,

That crap ALWAYS happened with me and my Brantly also. Then the FBO would send me the monthly fuel bill and I'd cry...:(

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Ylf- Cant wait to see your beautiful machine flying and another kerocrackhead addiction! You will love having all the power you need, and not feeling it, and just the whine behind you. The more you fly it the more you wil love it. I remember while building mine just thinking if only I could experience a fraction of what my Helicycle mentors had shared with me. Those thoughts soon came true and i add to those experiences very often. Stan

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
Todd

I will be glad to build you some doors if you want me to. Only problem is, I really need the matching body here to make them fit properly. I have a video on my web site showing how I did mine, yours will be no different, just as you said they are time consuming and I have some time. I have flown the MH-1 a couple times since I have been back from Mentone. I need to do some balancing again because my helicopter was beat up pretty bad on the road trip there and back. I hate breaking down a perfectly balanced helicopter, boxing it up, beating the crap out of it on a road trip, and putting it back together and flying it somewhere new without my normal ground crew, than breaking it down and beating it up again going home. I had planed on doing some balancing yesterday but we had some weather blow in of which I'm not complaining about at all, we need it and we need a lot more. I know now that I'm the only one flying a Mini 500 safely and have the videos to support it and there will be many more to come. The reason its flying safely is because of the MH-1 conversion. Safety comes first in my book bar none. I hope by this time next year to fly formation with at least two more MH-1 conversions and along side of us as many helicycles as possible. It's not about me or the MH-1 conversions it's about the passion and the love for which I believe in (Helicopters) and nothing more. I agree with Stan just go fly and I think I'll just go do that very thing and work on balancing again.
John

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
John- I hope I see a growing fleet of MH1's each year. I will be happy to talk about the chance I got to fly your MH1 and how nice of a conversion you offer.

Stan

baronpilot

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
John,

May take you up on that. Your work on the MH1 speaks for itself. Anyone that owns one would be crazy not to convert it if they truly intend on flying it anything past a hover. That 4-stroke is so smooth and quiet it is amazing. Comparing to the screaming and smoking 582s I have seen is a no brainer.