got my airworthines certificate this morning

jchurchman

Aircraft
Ultrawhite/Dominator , Cessna 150G
Total Flight Time
100 + hours on gyro and 250+ hours fixed wing
hey yall, i visited with the faa this morning and about 35 minutes later had my airworthiness certificate. They didn't find one thing wrong, all went smooth:) sent my application in overnight last thursday and they got me in this friday. Must not have too big of a back log. Anyway, i am all legal. I dont have my student pilot certificate yet , so i am scheduling an appt with a medical examiner for a 3rd class medical, since i plan on obtaining my fixed wing private pilot and doing the gyro as an add on. It is my understanding that the medical has the student pilot certificate on the opposite side and i guess they can put gyro and fixed wing allocation on same certificate. I was informed by a cfi that the student pilot cert. is not type rated, but the faa paperwork states that it should state make and model. Any info on this you guys or gals?

Your CFI Should place any endorsements for solo and any limitations he sees fit in in your logbook. your fixed wing CFI can only sign you off for F/W solo on the back of the medical/student pilot cert. Make sure you get the right cert. you can get a Class 3 medical without a SP cert. The cert you want is printed on yellow paper(as far as I can remember).
Paddy

Congratulations!

Your CFI will fill out the back of your student cert/medical. If you are approved to solo 2 different aircraft you will have 2 different line items. One sign-off for each. Good for 90 days.

thanks all

thanks all

Your CFI Should place any endorsements for solo and any limitations he sees fit in in your logbook. your fixed wing CFI can only sign you off for F/W solo on the back of the medical/student pilot cert. Make sure you get the right cert. you can get a Class 3 medical without a SP cert. The cert you want is printed on yellow paper(as far as I can remember).
Paddy
I have my gyro solo sign off in my logbook, from back in august. Are you saying that a gyro cfi cannot or does not sign the back of the class 3 medical/student pilot certificate? The gyro sign offs are done only in your logbook?and fixed wing sign offs are done on the certificate? your post does not agree with the next post, at least the way i am reading them. Appreciate the response , just trying to figure out what is correct. This is third different response i have gotten to this question.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Your CFI will fill out the back of your student cert/medical. If you are approved to solo 2 different aircraft you will have 2 different line items. One sign-off for each. Good for 90 days.

your saying that gyro cfi and fixed wing cfi, both sign off back of student pilot certificate. That doesn't agree with helipaddy, Whos right?

your saying that gyro cfi and fixed wing cfi, both sign off back of student pilot certificate. That doesn't agree with helipaddy, Whos right?

In sport pilot the CFI signs the logbook.

In Private your Med cert is also your student cert. So in the case of a Pvt lsc the CFI signs the back of your med certificate.

When mine was signed off the CFI gave me specific 90 solo sign-offs for the exact make and model I was flying.

That has been my experience anyway. Hopefully, a CFI will give an authoritative answer.

Way to go John!

thanks mike, can't wait till we all get together. Mark Carmouche came down and checked out the strip i have been flying out of south of lake charles. He brought me some well appreciated experimental letters and n numbers. He couldn't bring his own machine because he was so rushed and was waiting for printers to print my stuff, but we had a good visit anyway with my gyro and a few other ppcs.

In sport pilot the CFI signs the logbook.

In Private your Med cert is also your student cert. So in the case of a Pvt lsc the CFI signs the back of your med certificate.

When mine was signed off the CFI gave me specific 90 solo sign-offs for the exact make and model I was flying.

That has been my experience anyway. Hopefully, a CFI will give an authoritative answer.

thanks tim, i will get my third class med/student certificate on monday and i will go from there. I will have to get a gyro cfi signoff for sure, since it has been more than 90 days sinc my solo sign off. I appreciate all the input from everyone, i know it can get confusing with new sport pilot regs and all.

thanks mike, can't wait till we all get together. Mark Carmouche came down and checked out the strip i have been flying out of south of lake charles. He brought me some well appreciated experimental letters and n numbers. He couldn't bring his own machine because he was so rushed and was waiting for printers to print my stuff, but we had a good visit anyway with my gyro and a few other ppcs.

John, that was a great visit and a beautiful airport. Miles and miles of pasture land to fly over. I am glad your inspection went so well.