Going to Bensen Days 2016??? Chime-in!

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
300+
BENSEN DAYS is going to be great in 2016!... so who's planning to attend?

Sunstate and Florida?- Florida will be out in droves. Who's planning on it for sure? Other Florida folks?

Georgia and Carolina? - We expect that Peach State will attend with somewhere close to 20 folks... and, this year, Barry, Scott, Rodney and the Carolina crew have PROMISED to show-up with a significant contingent. Come on guys, chime in!

Tennessee?- Some Tennessee folks like David M. (Gyro28866) are BD regulars... but we saw a marked increased in Tennessee presence at Wrens Fly-in in 2015. Will that trend continue at Bensen Days?

Other States/Clubs? - Illinois, Indiana, and Texas typically show up in significant numbers. Who's coming from those states?... and other states??? What Clubs are showing up in numbers?

Other Countries? - We know Norm (phantom) will be there, as usual. :) Who else is planning to attend Internationally?

Actually FLYING-in? - Considering the awesome x-country ability of the Euro-Gyros there should be even more actual FLY-ins this year. Who is planning to fly (any gyro) TO Bensen Days?

Who's planning to fly their gyro the farthest? Will it be Barry M (Barry M14) who has regularly flown over 800nm from Massachusetts to GA and FL? How far are you planning to fly-in!

First timers? - Who's planning on making Bensen Days 2016 your FIRST gyro fly-in? Don't be a Lurker... chime in!

Cold winter getting on your nerves?... Getting the Bensen Days bug yet? This may help...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPvCfML5ZRc

Never heard of it. Bunsen Burner Days? Binsen Days? Ben's Son Days? WTF?

I will be attending for the first time!!!!

I think they are gonna let me on the air port this year.
I like the way you Georgia guys make stuff happen.
See ya there :)

Gonna try, but dates are hard for me. Might be in and out in one day.

David has his campsite reserved with rumors of George tagging along. I'll be there on Friday only, along with my Dad. David took him up for his first gyro ride last year. Weather permitting maybe we'll get him another one this year.

Anybody else from Tennessee gonna be there?

It ain't the beach, but it's sandy enough

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
Tennessee off to an early lead

Tennessee off to an early lead

Reminiscent of the Republican Primaries... Tennessee takes an unexpected early lead in the polls with 4 already planning to attend! Woo Hoo!! way to go guys! :whoo: You going to be able to coax Wayne, Dewey, Jeff, and the others to make the trek? Maybe Wayne would even fly-down that gorgeous red Magni?

BTW David, that's hilarious! :D

Thanks J & J! Looking forward to seeing all our Florida friends there. Darn tax time!

Gerg and Tom - One medium-long timer... one first timer... Peach State's gonna attend with every variety of gyro nut!

M

I'll be there, without a gyro, but I will be there!

(Gyro down for depot level maintenance)

I will be there. For how long is the question. This fell the same week as the kids spring break. Play passes from the wife are harder to get. I do have the play pass but so far she hasn't filled in the duration. I am just gonna be honest about it, no need to hide the fact that she is the boss.

Last edited:
Fourth spring pilgrimage ....

Fourth spring pilgrimage ....

God willing ...& the creek don't rise!!!! :lol:

Always fun to get to spend time with our SunState club friends & the east-coasters who don't make it to the other "majors"!

I had to think :confused: extra hard to try & remember ... how many times we had repeated that original " never-ever-again" 2.5 day drive!!!

Thank goodness for my photo-post -event report - penchant .....
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37201
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40398
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41555&page=7

The campsite registrations ... looking like a lively time for the 24/7 diehards!!

2nd BDays with our OWN GYRO in tow ...first with a FLYABLE( begone jinx - touch wood!!) GYRO!!! :violin: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just replying as requested. We have moved and all my time is gone to fixing this place up. It been realy wet so my tractor stays stuck but my new john deer might help speed some projects up. Then i can start on the gyro again.

Howdy Joe!

Hope you can make it to the next BarnStormers Fly In.....missed ya last time!

??!?!?!?!??!??!??!

??!?!?!?!??!??!??!

I'm hoping that I IS PART OF THE 'WE' IN my Sweetum's post !!

(jake, plz consider DENY-ING 'GLOVEMAN DAVE' ADDMIITANCE, or at least CONFINE HIM TO HIS BED BETWEEN SUNDOWN AND SUNUP !!??!!
)

fj

:smokin:

God willing ...& the creek don't rise!!!! :lol:

Always fun to get to spend time with our SunState club friends & the east-coasters who don't make it to the other "majors"!

I had to think :confused: extra hard to try & remember ... how many times we had repeated that original " never-ever-again" 2.5 day drive!!!

Thank goodness for my photo-post -event report - penchant .....
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37201
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40398
http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41555&page=7

The campsite registrations ... looking like a lively time for the 24/7 diehards!!

2nd BDays with our OWN GYRO in tow ...first with a FLYABLE( begone jinx - touch wood!!) GYRO!!! :violin: :rolleyes:

Holy Crap Batman!
Shhhh! FJ
BD Virgin - Tom D. is in #10
I'll bring a glove for him?

Attachments

• gloveman2.jpg
    gloveman2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
Too much information

Too much information

David... I don't think I'll ever be the same after seeing that. :eek: LOL!

Arizona and Kansas will be represented! Woo hoo! Be great to see ya'll!

Why is Barry avoiding the subject? Maybe because Scooter stole his thunder?

Joe - Congrats on the new place, but sorry y'all won't be able to make it.

M

If I can find a bank that will give me mortgage to fund a new set of motorhome batteries (6), Fran and I (and Gracie of coarse) plan to attend. Always look forward to this event. Such a great group to hang with.