Going to Bensen Days 2016??? Chime-in!

B days

B days

I plan on going, already have a campsite. Can't wait to get out in the fl. sun and enjoy the good company.

Holy Crap Batman!
Shhhh! FJ
BD Virgin - Tom D. is in #10
I'll bring a glove for him?

LOL David, your spot is very near mine as I recall. I look forward to seeing you fly again!!

Oh....I'll be there......oh.....yes
I will !!!

Hi all
This is my first time posting here. I have been watching the forum for quite some time and have a question about the Benson fly in. Is it open to the general public or does it require a PRA membership to get in? My wife and I are considering coming down for the fly in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone is welcome Dick!

Anyone is welcome Dick!

Hi all
This is my first time posting here. I have been watching the forum for quite some time and have a question about the Benson fly in. Is it open to the general public or does it require a PRA membership to get in? My wife and I are considering coming down for the fly in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Dick!

BENSEN DAYS is run by Sunstate wing & rotor club ...although they are a PRA chapter(26) ...I understand it IS NOT a PRA sponsored event!

The SWARC group & Wauchula gyronuts ( AKA "Morons") ... always put on a great event!

This will be our 4th attendance at the event ... we plan to have our red Titanium Explorer gyroplane available for demo-flights ... be our first BDays with a flying gyro in tow!

Look us up @ campsite #1 :D

Hello Dick:
Non PRA Members do attend.
It is open for the General Public to attend and visit, with a purchase of a day pass at the gate.
For an individual to fly his machine at a PRA Sanctioned event, a Pass Card indorsed by a CFI is normally required.
BUT
Catching a ride in a two place machine is pretty easy.
If you know which day or days you will attend, and want Instruction. I would contact a CFI (now) and book my Flight Time/Instruction in advance. It can get pretty hectic for them during the event.
You are close to TWO Chapters.
Centrailia, Il and Lansing, Il
Hope we see ya!

Thank you guys hope to meet several of you when we're down there is a any recommendations on motels in the area?

Dick

More folks

More folks

Well, I'll beeee....

Barry, Scott, AND Rodney... all probably gonna be there! Woo Hoo! We can start the party now. How many other Carolina folks you guys gonna' coax to come down?

Dick - Welcome! Really glad to hear you guys will be coming down as first timers. Thanks for posting. If you like gyros, believe me... it'll blow your mind! Be sure to look us up when you're there. We'll be hanging-out somewhere near the Peach State Rotorcraft banner.

Kurt (Rogue) - Glad you finally got your RWF login working. You left out the fact that you'll be bringing down the 150HP Yamaha Air Command single-place (pocket rocket).

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have to leave on Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

First Time

First Time

I plan to be there for my first Bensen Days and hopefully finish my Sport Pilot Gyro Practical with Chris Lord.

John posted on the Mosquito forum that they hope to have the Swift ready to do a run-up at the factory fly-in, in Trenton FL. Of course that happens to be the same weekend as Bensen Days so I wouldn't expect a factory presence in Wachula,

Gonna try, but dates are hard for me. Might be in and out in one day.

Ya know Joe, for the first time in a decade I've finally looked not at the top of your avatar's legs, but finally...below the knees and noticed the PEG leg!

No kidding.

I've been waiting for a little breeze to blow her skirt up all this time. Guess it just ain't gonna happen.

Well Greg, I think you should come.
You could learn a lot about gyros there.

Wahl, awright then, nyah'll-a be a cominya'll, n save me a place next ta the RW in the last row on the grass with the rest of the Geohgia "roughin' it w/o 'lectricity" boys.

Ah'll a be a wearin them orange T shirt at least one day, just so's you kin fahnd me. I might even brung sumpin ta fly dis a yee-ah, uh huh.

Who from Texas?

Who from Texas?

Mike484 (or someone from the Texas crew) - Who's planning to come from the Lone Star state?

M