Getting in a tall gyroplane.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
A friend asked me about getting in The Predator because he is building a tall gyroplane.

I don't know how to post a picture on a private message so I thought I would post it here.

It is raining so I just cropped a picture of The Predator showing the cast aluminum Van step that Mark Givans used.

Sorry about the low quality.

The procedure is to use the step to get into the back seat and step into the front seat from there.

It is actually easier for me than getting into some normal height tandems.

Attachments

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
200ish
Hi Vance,

Thx a lot for sharing,

I had not thought of passing via the back seat but it is a really intelligent idea,
the stand you are showing is also a goog idea, the problen in my systeme is to design a ligth stand that will resist the great great torque
it will be difficult to creat a triangulation because as you see on the picture the stand will be just uncer the fuel tank ( I kept the same kind of tanks that we had spoken about 2 years ago and that are working perfect on my monseat)
well I will find a way but you experience on the predator is intersting because a door it the fairing was not a goog goog solution even if I did not make up my mind as for the ultimate solution

cheers

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.servimg.com\/u\/f32\/18\/97\/98\/06\/img_5618.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i32.servimg.com\/u\/f32\/18\/97\/98\/06\/img_5743.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
As I recall The Predator first flew the end of 1999 and had 191 hours on her when I purchased 12/07/2007 Dave.

The log book is at the hangar.

She has 1945.8 hours now and I only remember that because the transponder was just certified and I have the bill.

That is approximately 1754.8 hours that I have put on her.

I did not fly her for a little over a year when I was flying the Cavalon.

She has not been much trouble.

From memory she is on her third set main tires, third fabric on the empennage, the second hat on top of the mast, fourth starter, third alternator, third pre-rotator motor, second set of rotor bearings, fifth set of teeter bearings, fourth set of brake pads, fifth set of rotor brakes shoes, second rotor brake cable, third set of rudder cables, second intercom, second transponder, second set of push rod tubes, second set of spherical rod ends on the rotor control pushrods, and third front suspension.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2200+ in rotorcraft
jm-urbani;n1141389 said:
Hi Vance,

Thx a lot for sharing,

I had not thought of passing via the back seat but it is a really intelligent idea,
the stand you are showing is also a goog idea, the problen in my systeme is to design a ligth stand that will resist the great great torque
it will be difficult to creat a triangulation because as you see on the picture the stand will be just uncer the fuel tank ( I kept the same kind of tanks that we had spoken about 2 years ago and that are working perfect on my monseat)
well I will find a way but you experience on the predator is intersting because a door it the fairing was not a goog goog solution even if I did not make up my mind as for the ultimate solution

cheers

What you have in the picture looks like it would work fine.

You could enter the rear seat from the front.

The arm would be a little shorter if you put it in the rear.

The rear is also nice because I can use the mast as a hand hold.

If you use the front mount like in the picture I would have a strap to steady you as you climb in. A simple fabric loop would work.

My step is just behind the fuel tank and has no triangulation. The frame where it is bolted cracked once.

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
200ish
well , first of all thanks for looking and proposing
I think that once I have mounted the main landing gear I will have more points in order to attach a stand properly
but what I will keep from your ideas are:

- the idea to bord on only one seat and then pass to the second seat
- and the idea of the stripe