Genesis--In the Beginning--Chapter 1

Hi Stan,

congratulation to be the first in the US. I hope, you will provide us with
more postings, pictures and briefings. (put it also on a CD please)
I tell you, I'am so jealous.
Have fun and success, keep going as well.

Guenter

Very exciting!

Very exciting!

The drawings and parts look very professional Stan.

It is fun to share your excitement.

I look forward to your building adventure.

Thank you, Vance

I'm really looking forward to this build.
I'm sure it will be outstanding craftsmanship.

Keep those pics coming!

Paddy

Stan.... looks awesome.

Did you get the pod and stabilizers, as well, or is that in another shipment?

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks, Gary

Too much of a good thing?

Too much of a good thing?

I have said from day one that I thought most of this kit would have me be an 'assembler' and little fabricating. After seeing the kit....my hunch was correct , and even more so than I expected. This kit looks like its going to be a "put bolt A in hole A kit"

Stan

I hope Nicolas left you some fabrication work. I will send you the current 51% checklist. I'd hate to see this beautiful kit wind up on a pole outside a restaurant (there is always Experimental-Exhibition)

I'm impressed with all of the wrapping and labels. No wonder it takes a while to get the kit out the door. Seems like Nicolas and company are going that extra mile any way they can. Did you order the ready-made tail or will you be fabricating yours? Nic asked me which I want last week and I opted for fabricating. I wanted the experience of doing so. Rivets, clecos, braces, oh my!

I know that you will take it slow not only for the review but because of your nature. Stan seems excited but disciplined. Good luck sir!

Seeing that kit reminds me of the great fun I had building Air Commands (in the Fetters era)
I always liked building plastic & balsa models as a kid (might even hold a record or two for the number built), but building real gyroplanes has a much better payoff at the end. Anyone want to bet Stan finds time to complete his Genesis kit a lot quicker than he anticipates?

yeah, 2 weeks!!!!!

Tony

Stan- I'll second what you said about wishing the Helicycle came with plans like that, sure would make it easier to see those exploded views with all the bolts, nuts and washers labeled. Mike

Plans and materials look great. Can't wait for the build to start.

Do you have to pay your duties all at once or do they offer a payment plan?

Kai.

ok, I couldnt stand not getting started on this kit since the day was already half gone. So I looked over the drawings and started fabricating the keel. What holes that are drilled are pilot holes. There will be plenty of fun fabricating throughout this kit. But,,,those bigger than life drawings are awesome!

Tomorrow its back to stairwork big time, except I am coming in early to work on this Genesis a piece at a time.

Heres some keel fabricating pictures. It has to be bent up at a 15 degree angle.

I bought a box of 100 #10 bolts , 3 inches long, and a box of nuts. I am drilling the pilot holes out to 3/16 inch...inserting these assembly bolts, then later it all comes apart for powder coating. Final assembly, I will use a reamer to finish the bolt holes out with. This will get the bolts nice and tight and drill out the powder coating or paint that you have.

I am more than pleased with this kit so far. Of course, I have only started. It should be flying this year.

Before I disassemble it....I am going to file where needed ....then take all the parts off and file and sand them , getting all the edges nice and smooth for powder coating.

Stan

Attachments

• Feb14 014.jpg
    Feb14 014.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 015.jpg
    Feb14 015.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 017.jpg
    Feb14 017.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 018.jpg
    Feb14 018.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 019.jpg
    Feb14 019.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 021.jpg
    Feb14 021.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 023.jpg
    Feb14 023.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Feb14 026.jpg
    Feb14 026.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 6
Great start Stan. The first cut to the keel is a good idea before painting because when they go in to paint, it should get a shot of primer and powder coat in that gap for added corrosion protection.

Well Stan you certainly don't hang around. We are off and running, great job.

I must admit that even I started to feel curious, anxious and little bit nervous. It’s from all good memories when Nicolas and I started to build the original Genesis.

I flew over to KCLX today and picked up my brother so I missed most of today's posts and look the keel is actually built!

Thanks for calling me buddy when you picked it up, or I would have missed out on the fun, joy, and excitement of today's events!

Just think the first Genesis delivered in the USA and being built by a master craftsman!!!

As I told Stan, I want a Stan built Genesis!!
I feel that is as close to buying a factory built aircraft as I could buy in the States.

So....
I was worried someone else might wish to buy her for way too much money so I just got off the phone with Stan and it is official I purchased the “First Option to Purchase” her if he gets an offer from someone else and decides to sell her!!!

Sorry guys, I thought of it first!!!

Last edited:
Looks like fun Stan, this will be another interesting thread. Have fun budy, I'll be just along for the ride.