Genesis--In the Beginning--Chapter 1

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
:noidea:
@Giorgos
Maybe that's it?

You know guys, once we have seen one woman naked...

We want to see them all naked!!!!!
John, I have no :noidea:
...but one thing is true..... Girls want a lot of things from a man...but men want one thing from a lot of women......
Sorry :der::der: as I am always

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
and God said ..."let there be light....laser light"

and God said ..."let there be light....laser light"

And God said....."let there be light....laser light"

The last of the pictures shows where I intitally checked the axles for squareness with the frame..actually a very slight toe in. Its too early to get it exact, as it needs to have its full weight on the wheels in case the toe in changes with suspension travel. This is just to set the rodends for now.

I put my rotary laser up on the engine mount where the vertical plane of laser light was centered on the axles. You can see that wooden straight edge on the floor alongside the right axle. I was checking to see that the laser beam was parallel or 3/8 of an inch away from the straight edge. Right now I have a little toe in on both, and will leave it there for now. The last picture caught the red flash of the laser on the blue tape I put on the axle for centering the beam.

I had an Air Command years ago that was wearing out tires like you wouldnt believe, plus it pushed hard on the ground. I discovered that my wheels had 3.5 degrees of toe in, ...no wonder! I reset the frame tubes and set them to 0 toe in.....and I could push the Air Command with one finger after that.

Frank- I need more weight on the machine before I can see how much travel it has. The springs are stout and my 220 pounds isnt enough yet. Once the engine and rotors are on it, plus all the other stuff...then I can load it up,

Here are some more pictures of the suspension.

Stan

Attachments

FixinFool

Aircraft
none
Total Flight Time
10 hrs-passenger
Thanks Stan, just gathering info for my future Genesis build, now if only this house would sell!!
Frank

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Frank- The springs will collapse around 1.25 inches....but thats only about half way out to the wheels...plus its on an angle....so I would estimate 3 inches of travel on the wheels.

Here are couple of pictures of the front fork turning left and right with the springs attached to the rudder pedals. There will be longer springs pulling back on the pedals later on in the build.

Stan

Attachments

FixinFool

Aircraft
none
Total Flight Time
10 hrs-passenger
Thanks, I spoke with John this morning about the sub kits and he is going to get some info on the contents of each kit. Nice fellow that John.
Frank

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Ya Mon, Frank 'b' cool!!!

I love my new job!

Now guys if one of you would by Franks house on the lake we could get another rotorhead in the air.

FixinFool

Aircraft
none
Total Flight Time
10 hrs-passenger
Too funny John, just in case though I put an ad in classifieds. I would order the Genesis kit complete before the ink was dry on the closing papers. LOL

Aviomania

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyros, Airoplanes, Gliders, Motorgliders, Trikes, Microlights
Total Flight Time
3000+
Just got word that all 3 kits will be landing in San Diego Monday.

John Get ready to clear all 3 kits from customs and deliver them to there homes.

officially now the Genesis is starting the German BUT certification... another big "race" for me to endure!!!!

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Its on wheels

Its on wheels

My tires, wheels, and tubes arrived the other day, and now the Genesis can be rolled around the shop.

A few holes to drill int the wheels. I enlarged one hole inward so that the brake drum would be concentric with the wheel. It was just a tiny bit off. The drums are centered nicely...and the wheels are on so that I can roll it around my shop now. Handy...

John- I tried to not pinch your inner tubes too many times. Coming from a farm background....I have been known to put patches on patches.........I dont have too many of those on yours.......ha

Stan

Attachments

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
John must be pleased to see his gyro move forward...and backwards.:)

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Another shipment arrived today. John did an excellent job packing this shiment. The truck driver even commented about it.

John also sent a Flightline radio. Unfortunately this is the bad time of year for finding spare time, but I will be starting a shop night each week dedicated to this Genesis. Other than that I am in the largest glueup project of my life that actually wont allow me much time off.

I will just have to wave Brian and Gregs builds on as they will be caught up with my project and then I will be watching their build threads....holding up Johns parts to the screen and going "oh, I see how that goes" ha.

Thanks John and everyone enjoy your build. It is a well thought out kit.

Stan

Attachments

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Blowing some dust off this build...and decided to mount the seat pan and lay the cushions in place this morning. I have the seat positioned as far forward as it will go to accomodate John. Later in the build, John will just have to fly across the country for more adjustments and a hangtest when its ready.

John....dont I need an engine and a tail for the hangtest? ha

First hour I have worked on this in weeks. Beautiful Saturday. I have a flying mission to make....then I have to build a "bounce house" for the grandkids coming over. Actually, just unpack and plug the "turbine" blower and let it inflate. Should be a fun day and weekend.

Stan

Attachments

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
I do like the look and rake of that seat, but it would have to be a side stick to fully appreciate the nice reclining attitude.

Dirtydog

Best seat in the house!
Aircraft
Dogbee / Gyrobee
Total Flight Time
18 duel/ 55 hrs in the Dogbee
StanFoster : I feel bad for not watching this Stan, I didn't know you were building a gyro until I looked in to the threads a little closer. Sorry I missed it. But will be looking and watching your post. As you say it's fun to watch one being built. I wish I could light a fire under my brothers tail to get him going....

Last edited:

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Chris- Hey, no biggy. Brian and Gary are in the midst of their nice builds, and I am just stalled right now. I did find a little time to finally work on the wheel pants.

Stan

Attachments

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Its been about a month since touched this Genesis....so today after flying my Helicycle....I found some time to get the other wheelpant on and started rough fitting the pod. It was extremely hot and humid out, and that made me decide to stay in the air conditioned shop and get some more done on this gyro. About all I can do is get this pod secure.....secure the wheelpants....then put in the windshield and dash. I doubt I will have time to touch it hardly at all until September. I am expecting the tail parts to come next.

Stan

Attachments

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Hi Stan

I love these Genesis build threads, they show the geometry of the airframe so well and how this makes everything click.

Tony

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I went ahead and mounted the pod securely, except at the back. I checked the pod for being exactly level, and square with the frame. That is the hardest thing to do sometimes. ....then went and made my upper instrument panel hood. Nicolas provides a nice and neatly formed aluminum angle that already to receive the instrument panel bolts. Talk about nicely thought out Nicolas! Anyway...I got out one of my favorite tools....a cleco pliers and my clecos....layed it out with an even reveal and then replaced each cleco with a rivet one at a time. This is a real strong unit.

Next I placed it inside the pod and made the lines of the pod flow parallel to this panel hood....clamped it, then bolted it on the corners. The rest of the bolts were layed out and drilled. The plexiglas windshield will get sandwiched between this panel hood and the pod. I may prefit the windshield but not final install it until the pod is painted. If you study the pods edge where it meets the panel hood....it is still in the rough mode. I will tape off an even reveal and then sand it down to the line.

This is fun to work on....but the summertime is not the time for me. It felt good to escape the heat today and work on this.

Stan

Attachments