Gasoline Tips

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
All service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying later in the day your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. Pumping on lower speed minimizes the vapors that are created while you are pumping. Pumping on the fast rate produces more vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less for your money.

Fill up when your gas tank is HALF EMPTY. The more gas you have in your tank the less air space and the less evaporation occurs.

If there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT buy gas. The gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

BUY USA GAS. The following are importers of Middle Eastern oil.

Shell 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco 62,231,000 barrels

Citgo is Venezuelan, from a Dictator who hates Americans. Quit buying it! I stopped years ago.

Here’s a list of the GOOD GUYS who do NOT import their crude:

Sunoco
Conoco
Sinclair
BP/ Phillips
Hess
ARC0

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each petroleum company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas

buyers. It's really simple to do. We have email.

All service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying later in the day your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. Pumping on lower speed minimizes the vapors that are created while you are pumping. Pumping on the fast rate produces more vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less for your money.

Fill up when your gas tank is HALF EMPTY. The more gas you have in your tank the less air space and the less evaporation occurs.

If there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT buy gas. The gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

BUY USA GAS. The following are importers of Middle Eastern oil.

Shell 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco 62,231,000 barrels

Citgo is Venezuelan, from a Dictator who hates Americans. Quit buying it! I stopped years ago.

Here’s a list of the GOOD GUYS who do NOT import their crude:

Sunoco
Conoco
Sinclair
BP/ Phillips
Hess
ARC0

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each petroleum company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas

buyers. It's really simple to do. We have email.

I think you had better look a little deeper on who makes the GOOD GUYS list. As an example you listed Conoco. Conoco is part of Phillips per their website: http://p66conoco76.conocophillips.com/proclean/index.htm Then if you look at their ConocoPhillips Resources - page they list several countries where the get their crude oil.

Secondly, look at: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/oilterrorism.htm about this eRumor. You might want to look at snopes.com at: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/gastips.asp about the Dawn Petrol filling.

Leon
(kc0iv)

This is a e-mail that has made it's rounds on the internet, I know of no one who hasent recieved it yet. Some good tips but need to be checked out for the truth.

So...Can someone give us a list of the "Good Guys" to patronize?! ;)

And Greg, I've been practicing your tips for over 60 yrs. now...ever since my daddy relayed 'em to me.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
oh well, so somebody sent me a silly email. I always leave a fuel cell full, for moisture reduction. I used a dry ice container to make my fuel more dense in my turbo Porsche so I could safely run higher boost. It works, I can attest to that one, but I have no idea if you are saving yourself any money by buying in the morning instead of the afternoon. I never buy gyro fuel at the pump when a tanker is stirring up the juice. i have not bought Venezuelan gasoline (CITGO) in years, starting the day I found out the dictator who wants to see America burn had socialized the petrol companies and seized control of them without a proper buyout. I really don't think a faster pump rate changes the volumn you pump into your fuel cell, but I am going to try this, test it by weight some time.

If you pump one gallon, then wait 4 seconds, pump the next gallon, then wait 4 seconds........:D

So...Can someone give us a list of the "Good Guys" to patronize?! ;)

And Greg, I've been practicing your tips for over 60 yrs. now...ever since my daddy relayed 'em to me.

Cheers :)

Here is a report from DOE. Crude oil imported from Pursian Gulf.
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ompany_level_imports/current/summary2007.html
Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ons/company_level_imports/current/import.html

Hope this helps.

How much Alaskan crude gets EXPORTED to China? I have heard that very little Alaskan crude, if any, reaches the USA pumps, and that the push from the BUSH oil administration to open up wildlife refuges for new drilling is based solely on a desire to have more crude to sell off to the Asian markets, which reportedly pay much more than domestics refiners.

I have also heard that the reserves in Alaska are large enough to eliminate our dependance on imported crude, and they have been pumping enough out of the ground up there for last 20 years to have done so, but that our imports are based on other factors - such as the cozy relationships the Bush dynasty has enjoyed with Arab nations since Big Daddy GHB was prez. Never lose sight of the fact that before OPEC, crude prices were COMPETITIVE. USA oil companies organized OPEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thus formed a monopoly outside of USA government anti trust courts by which to manipulate foreign crude prices. THen , inorder to make those foreign monopolistic prices efeective in the USA, they set up an artificial dependancy on foreign crude imports. THis drove up the prices they could charge for domestic crude.

Now that I've gotten your attention with my silly post which initiated this thread, I hope someone can help with some answers to the real issues and problems of foreign oil dependance we seem to be in.

Oil futures should be illegal. So should Electric power futures. If people have the power to buy up energy, and artificially inflate the prices of it, then we are all paying to make investors rich for something that is elementally necessary. THey really have got us by the kahunas.

THe ENTIRE mess we are in today, supported by the huge petro-megabucks gained that pay for terrorism the world over and even here at home, is based on the OPEC crap that US oilmen started. I blame them for our problems entirely. And I see Bush as the problem, not the solution. Any Bush "Solutions" are thinly-veiled power and money grabs. THe Bush's and the Cheneys of this country do not have anyone's interests at heart but their own.

And someone said they wish Jeb Bush would run? You are out of your mind, and walking around with your head in a sack.

Last edited:
It's funny when you go to the OPEC.org webpage, they've re-written their history! But still, some pretty interesting things they do say.

http://www.opec.org/aboutus/history/history.htm

What evidence do you have that USA oil companies organized OPEC? And that the "Bush dynasty" had anything to do with the creation of OPEC?

Maybe you should read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC and the history of OPEC?

I'm sure this won't meet your anti Bush agenda either.

Leon
(kc0iv)

How much Alaskan crude gets EXPORTED to China? I have heard that very little Alaskan crude, if any, reaches the USA pumps, and that the push from the BUSH oil administration to open up wildlife refuges for new drilling is based solely on a desire to have more crude to sell off to the Asian markets, which reportedly pay much more than domestics refiners.

I have also heard that the reserves in Alaska are large enough to eliminate our dependance on imported crude, and they have been pumping enough out of the ground up there for last 20 years to have done so, but that our imports are based on other factors - such as the cozy relationships the Bush dynasty has enjoyed with Arab nations since Big Daddy GHB was prez. Never lose sight of the fact that before OPEC, crude prices were COMPETITIVE. USA oil companies organized OPEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thus formed a monopoly outside of USA government anti trust courts by which to manipulate foreign crude prices. THen , inorder to make those foreign monopolistic prices efeective in the USA, they set up an artificial dependancy on foreign crude imports. THis drove up the prices they could charge for domestic crude.

Now that I've gotten your attention with my silly post which initiated this thread, I hope someone can help with some answers to the real issues and problems of foreign oil dependance we seem to be in.

Oil futures should be illegal. So should Electric power futures. If people have the power to buy up energy, and artificially inflate the prices of it, then we are all paying to make investors rich for something that is elementally necessary. THey really have got us by the kahunas.

THe ENTIRE mess we are in today, supported by the huge petro-megabucks gained that pay for terrorism the world over and even here at home, is based on the OPEC crap that US oilmen started. I blame them for our problems entirely. And I see Bush as the problem, not the solution. Any Bush "Solutions" are thinly-veiled power and money grabs. THe Bush's and the Cheneys of this country do not have anyone's interests at heart but their own.

And someone said they wish Jeb Bush would run? You are out of your mind, and walking around with your head in a sack.

You, Sir, appear to be a wind-bag..............
Trez

Just as that was blunt to the point of rudeness.

Does the govt have any say over what an oil company can do with the oil they pump out of the ground? Oil companies are in the business to make money. I don't think they care if they sell it domestically or overseas as long as they're selling it.

Well just blame everything on the president, from Hurricane Katrina, to Ameobic dissentary,

If you want to blame someone, look at the environmentalists and the global warming zealots, that WON't let us drill for oil here, or build refineries. Al Gore and his ilk.

Has anyone looked to see what the oil companies profit margin is? Not gross profit,
but profit margin?

How much does the gov get per gallon in taxes?

It is not the president, it is the congress and senate, the bloviating idiots that cannot balance their own checkbooks. then they keep perpetuating the whole "class envy" thing
"hate the rich" bla bla bla. Poor people can't buy gas, to get to the conveinience store to buy lottery tickets with their welfare check. My heart bleeds!

Fuel is expensive because you WILL pay for it. If people are willing to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas, if I came up with an alterative fuel that I could sell for $1 a gallon, I'd be a fool! I'd sell it for $3.

There is no left or right

There is no left or right

The biggest joke is on anyone who thinks there is a left or right in this country only need to look at how each side plays good cop / bad cop and takes turns at screwing the public for the powerful corporate interests.

You all forget how Mccain was almost John Kerry's running mate.

There are no sides only illusions of sides.

Rush Limbaugh had people voting for Billary.

There are the rulers and the servants. Thats it.

J

Well just blame everything on the president, from Hurricane Katrina, to Ameobic dissentary,

If you want to blame someone, look at the environmentalists and the global warming zealots, that WON't let us drill for oil here, or build refineries. Al Gore and his ilk.

Has anyone looked to see what the oil companies profit margin is? Not gross profit,
but profit margin?

How much does the gov get per gallon in taxes?

It is not the president, it is the congress and senate, the bloviating idiots that cannot balance their own checkbooks. then they keep perpetuating the whole "class envy" thing
"hate the rich" bla bla bla. Poor people can't buy gas, to get to the conveinience store to buy lottery tickets with their welfare check. My heart bleeds!

Fuel is expensive because you WILL pay for it. If people are willing to pay $3.50 a gallon for gas, if I came up with an alterative fuel that I could sell for $1 a gallon, I'd be a fool! I'd sell it for $3.

I love being a windbag. It's fun. THe original OPEC is an organization started by - oh, wait, this is TOO good to be true - the Shah of Iran. Remember Iran? They were in our back pocket. Back then it wasn't even really OPEC. Modern day OPEC was the thing that happened when the US Oilmen - YES, the BUSH family too - got the rest of the Arab world onboard the train that started the control of the production and therefore the pricing of crude worldwide. Monopoly. And, does anybody refute the fact that we pumped enough oil out of Alaska to have become self-suficient, and non-reliant on the OPEC nations? Does anyone refute the fact that Iraq has the 3rd largest oil reserve, that we sanctioned them for over a decade, and that there was a subsequent QUADRUPLE INCREASE in oil prices AFTER we opened up that nation as an oil trade partner for the first time in 10 years? I seem to recall that gas prices at the pump were virtually unchanged for 25 years. Then Bush took office and it doubled in 6 months. Not long after, Bush invaded Iraq and lied to the entire world in his State of the Union address saying Iraq was trying to buy yellowcake uranium in Africa. Cheney wanted to invade Iraq before 9/11 happened! Do you really think this is all coincidence?

Yeah, I am a wind bag. Just full of it. Did anyone see the 2-part, 4-hour Documentary on TV this week about the Bush administration and the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq?? Pretty interesting. I am not the only windbag. More than 1/2 of the entire country voted AGAINST Bush. We didn't want him. We never did. And he is with a doubt the most unpopular President to ever hold office, with good reason. He listened to Cheney and Rumsfeld when he should have been listening to the CIA and Powell. He is an idiot, and Cheney is the most diabolical monster the Whitehouse may have ever seen. I can't wait for this administration to get the heck outta Dodge. Bush woke up way too late. He was told to get rid of Rumsfeld numerous times, but Cheney wouldn't allow it. Bush didn't have the guts to stand up to Cheney. He was a way too weak to be a true leader.

Last edited:
I love being a windbag. It's fun. THe original OPEC is an organization started by - oh, wait, this is TOO good to be true - the Shah of Iran. Remember Iran? They were in our back pocket. Back then it wasn't even really OPEC. Modern day OPEC was the thing that happened when the US Oilmen - YES, the BUSH family too - got the rest of the Arab world onboard the train that started the control of the production and therefore the pricing of crude worldwide. Monopoly. And, does anybody refute the fact that we pumped enough oil out of Alaska to have become self-suficient, and non-reliant on the OPEC nations? Does anyone refute the fact that Iraq has the 3rd largest oil reserve, that we sanctioned them for over a decade, and that there was a subsequent QUADRUPLE INCREASE in oil prices AFTER we opened up that nation as an oil trade partner for the first time in 10 years? I seem to recall that gas prices at the pump were virtually unchanged for 25 years. Then Bush took office and it doubled in 6 months. Not long after, Bush invaded Iraq and lied to the entire world in his State of the Union address saying Iraq was trying to buy yellowcake uranium in Africa. Cheney wanted to invade Iraq before 9/11 happened! Do you really think this is all coincidence?

Yeah, I am a wind bag. Just full of it. Did anyone see the 2-part, 4-hour Documentary on TV this week about the Bush administration and the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq?? Pretty interesting. I am not the only windbag. More than 1/2 of the entire country voted AGAINST Bush. We didn't want him. We never did. And he is with a doubt the most unpopular President to ever hold office, with good reason. He listened to Cheney and Rumsfeld when he should have been listening to the CIA and Powell. He is an idiot, and Cheney is the most diabolical monster the Whitehouse may have ever seen. I can't wait for this administration to get the heck outta Dodge. Bush woke up way too late. He was told to get rid of Rumsfeld numerous times, but Cheney wouldn't allow it. Bush didn't have the guts to stand up to Cheney. He was a way too weak to be a true leader.

Greg,

Do you ever check to see if what you write (or copy) is based in facts?

As an example you say "THe original OPEC is an organization started by - oh, wait, this is TOO good to be true - the Shah of Iran." The fact is Venezuela was the first country to move towards the establishment of OPEC by approaching Iran, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in 1949. Their (OPEC) action was in September 1960 , at the initiative of the Venezuelan Energy and Mines minister Juan Pablo Pérez Alfonzo and the Saudi Arabian Energy and Mines minister Abdallah Tariki.

Another mis-information you make is about Alaskan oil fields. "Now West Coast refineries soak up nearly every drop, according to data from the federal Energy Information Administration." See: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002245699_export17m.html

One more error. The single jump in oil prices occurred in 1973 with a second peak 1979. See: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/03/business/worldbusiness/03cnd-oil.html?hp

In the last election (Bush vs Kerry) Bush won the election Bush 62,028,285 / Kerry 59,028,109

Once again your anti-Bush agenda get in the way of facts.

Keep trying Greg maybe one day you will get it right.

Leon
(kc0iv)

Here good reading, cuts through the BS, educate your self and stop blaming. (why do Lib's always blame someone else?) sorry it is not up to date, it is a couple years old, but you get the idea.

http://www.gravmag.com/oil.html

“It’s beginning to look more and more like we only have one policital party in Washington… and it’s not one I really care for.”

Scott: I love you man. Can I have that Bud? seriously, I didn't say which election he lost the popular vote? OPEC was started by 4 nations, not 1. I maintain that OPEC was the formed at the behest of the American oilmen. There is no way to refute it, and I have no proof to support it. I just remember what I read in the early 70's, which I can't find today. You believe whatever BS you want to, I'll believe whatever BS I want to.

I NOT a lib. I just can't stand Dick Cheney, and see him as a very dangerous, self-serving individual who has cost this country over a trillion bucks and 4000 lives needlessly, no wait, not needlessly - it was for his own agenda.

Here is some fun stuff we can try to debunk. What do you think, have you seen this one yet?

Two Tough Questions
Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already,
three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and
she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
Here are the facts about the three candidates. Who would you vote for?

Candidate A
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologist
He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used
opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian,
doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on
his wife, or gotten caught yet.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?

Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question:

If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.
Pretty interesting isn't it?
Makes a person think before judging someone.

Wait till you see the end of this note! Keep reading..
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember:

Amateurs...built the ark.

Professionals...built the Titanic.

And Finally, can you imagine working for a company that has a
little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse

* 7 have been arrested for fraud

* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks

* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

* 3 have done time for assault

* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year...

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group that crank out hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.

So. You believe whatever BS you want to...and I will believe whatever BS I want. And I will spread the BS, as it makes really good fertilizer to grow stuff to keep us alive.

And remember these once and always famous words, "Jane, you ignorant slut". That's right, keep it light. It is just politics, religion, and other hocus pocus that no one can ever really know the truth, the whole thruth, and nothing but the truth about.

MWe used to say don't believe everything you read and only 1/2 of what you see and hear. Someone else owns and controls the media. History is ALWAYS written by the winners. If you doubt this, spend a lot of time in Japan, then go to China. Don't get it? THen go to VIet Nam and study what they are saying about our being there. Still don't get it? How come we hear SO much about the atrocities of the Holocaust, but we as a western population know so little about the atrocities of the Japanese in WWII? It all boils down to money, who owns the media, who is grabbing your attention. Right? If your views are so slanted one way, you will never understand the bigger picture. That is what you need to do. Wake up, look around, and see what doesn't seem to fit.

Scott, I don't care what anyone says. The whole thing stinks, BEGINNING with the first election of Bush - Cheney.

1. Soaring Oil prices
2. Tax cuts for the rich
3. Lack of proper and efficient executive response in the first stages of 9/11
4. Lack of proper and efficient executive response to Katrina
5. Budget surplus of 1 trillion turned into deficits of 2 trillion
6. Recession
7. Invasion of a soveriegn nation not at war, with no consensus domestically or internationally
8. Lack of exit strategy for that war. Just blow stuff up and leave?
9. Lack of timely and then sufficient military support for the CIA effort in Afghanistan for the effective capture of bin Laden
10. Redirection of the above operation to Iraq
11. The treasonous leak of CIA operative information at cabinet-level
12. State of the Union lies by the president himself, on international TV!?!?!
13. Lack of control of pharmaceuticals and restrictons on cheap pharms from Canada

Really, now, Bush supporters have so much to hide their heads in the sand about that I am not surprised that they continue their blind support even to this day. Keep on hidin, baby. THe end is near. Oh, so near. And the only alternative is someone the right wing can barely stomach. McCain. It serves you right, after stuffing Cheney "Great White Hunter" who can't even refrain from shooting his own hunting buddy in the face, down our throats for 8 years. Your policies and your politics are doomed and your days are already numbered. And McCain is all about what rightwingers hated about Reagan. THese guys belong to that small group of successful politicians known as moderate Republicans.

Last edited: