Gasoline Tips

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Jane, I mean, Larry, you ignorant slut

Jane, I mean, Larry, you ignorant slut

Bbl consumed PER DAY 2003

United States 20,033,504
Japan 5,578,386
China 5,550,000
Germany 2,677,443
Russia 2,675,000
India 2,320,000
Canada 2,193,263
South Korea 2,168,128
Brazil 2,100,000
France 2,059,843
Mexico 2,015,232
Italy 1,874,380
Saudi Arabia 1,775,000
United Kingdom 1,722,419
Spain 1,544,260
Iran 1,425,000
Indonesia 1,155,000

So, Larry, dude, like I said, the CHINa thing is a minor BLIP, get it? a 10% Chinese increase does NOT equate to a DOUBLING or TRIPLING or QUADRUPLING of prices.

Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
LARRY
In 1973 i was testing pipelines that were unused for 30 years so that your buddies in the CEO chairs in the petro companies could store petro in abandoned tank farms to help create the "shortages" of the '73 days. They also were pumping Nat Gas BACK into the ground to help create Nat Gas shortages. MANY people died whe explosions resulted.

Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
Oh, BTW LARRY

WHERE does CHina gets its petro? USA? ME? SA? lets try Russia? Think about that. How much petrol do YOU buy from the Ruskies? Get a grip. YOU have been ripped off. EXXON PROFITS are UNREAL. And CHeney is a total TOAD!. His BEST old FRIENDS are on record saying he never showed his TRUE disgusting character until he gained the veep. So YOU have the lowdown on CHeney because you were in the same room with him once? I suppose you really believe US petro companies were at risk of losing their shirts at some time???? OMG. Gee..I REALLY feel sorry for those boys.

Last edited:

bosca

Hello to one wing attached,
You are such a charming and a sociable lad.....Do you have some problems in life that need to be kept quiet.
Kym.

lanichol

Aircraft
RAF 2000 AAI Modified, Var Pitch IVO, hydraulic pre-rotator, mechanical FI
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
<Dick Cheney turned Halliburton around by; investing in new technology and equipment, providing the best service, and understanding each division & the industry.>

I'm sure that halliburtons success has nothing at all to do with cheney and bush starting a war in the middle east to constrict supply and raise the price of oil, no bid contracts, multitudes of cost overruns, gas price gouging in Iraq, and blocking all the investigations and prosecutions of corruption.

John,

First Halliburton's revitalization & upgrades in equipment was from 1994 to 1998 years prior to 911.

Individuals familiar with the Energy Industry understand that Halliburton was the only company diverse in oil field refinery construction (Brown & Root), well head control including well head fires, which requires cement & high pressure frac equipment, downhole packers and tubular equipment, and a large force of equipment to handle all the unknow possibilities going into Iraq.

I have bid jobs for the pipeline industry, but we defined strict scopes of work & were given specific parameters. Given unknowns parameters the only way the job could be bid was by "Time & Materials" (technically not a bid). Explain to me how you could complete the job any other way? All equipment and people sent to Iraq was at risk. Should they not charge extra for hauling fuel across Iraq (price gouging). But I know people that took the risk at 3-4 times their salary.

Given the fact they were going into Iraq, the US had to prepare for the worse case (ie wellhead fires, pipeline blowouts, refinery destruction). The only company in the world that covers all these areas was Halliburton.

Think for yourself and reason the logic instead of blindly following the bias news media. The risk of entering Iraq was the possible increase in oil prices due to stability (which happened), the possible lose of House and Senate seats to the democrates (which happened). And finally, the democrates have filed hundreds of useless investigations as promised when they won the House & Senate. They waste time and dollars, time that could be put to constructive use. They know the hearings will not happen, so they posture and grandstand for political gain.

People should be intelligent to do their own research instead of repeating 2 bit sound bites.

Halliburton has expanded through internal growth and acquisition since it was established in 1919. Major purchases include Brown & Root, an engineering and construction company, in 1962 and Dresser Industries, a major provider of integrated services and project management for the oil industry, in 1998. Dresser had acquired M.W. Kellogg, a leader in petroleum refining and petrochemical processing, technology, engineering and construction, in 1988.

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
Crude oil prices behave much as any other commodity with wide price swings in times of shortage or oversupply. The crude oil price cycle may extend over several years responding to changes in demand as well as OPEC and non-OPEC supply.

The U.S. petroleum industry's price has been heavily regulated through production or price controls throughout much of the twentieth century. In the post World War II era U.S. oil prices at the wellhead averaged $24.20 per barrel adjusted for inflation to 2006 dollars. In the absence of price controls the U.S. price would have tracked the world price averaging $26.16. Over the same post war period the median for the domestic and the adjusted world price of crude oil was $18.53 in 2006 prices. That means that only fifty percent of the time from 1947 to 2006 have oil prices exceeded $18.53 per barrel.

Until the March 28, 2000 adoption of the $22-$28 price band for the OPEC basket of crude, oil prices only exceeded $24.00 per barrel in response to war or conflict in the Middle East. With limited spare production capacity OPEC abandoned its price band in 2005 and was powerless to stem a surge in oil prices which was reminiscent of the late 1970s.

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
I don't have any records of $8 / bbl. I'll keep looking. I don't think this is a fact at this time.

Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
Petroleum: top consuming nations, 1960-2005

Attachments

• 450px-EIA_petroleum_consumption_of_selected_nations_1960-2005.png
    450px-EIA_petroleum_consumption_of_selected_nations_1960-2005.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
Now even the simpletons can visualize it. a 10% CHINESE INCREASE IS A BLIP!!!!! GEt it???

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
Larry,

It was wonderful that all the oil fields were so heavily guarded while the arms and explosives were so completely left out in the open and are now used blow up our troops and the civilians in roadside bombings daily. Gee, THANKS HALLIBURPIN!!! We are SOOOO grateful to your no bid contracts. YOu champion Halliburton?

Last edited:

iconnary

Aircraft
Monarch
Total Flight Time
80 - FW, 100 - Gyro
see attached image :)

Attachments

• argue091204.jpg
    argue091204.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
>350
What fun is it to pick a fight in a room full of people who agree with you?

Last edited:

lanichol

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
I don't have any records of $8 / bbl. I'll keep looking. I don't think this is a fact at this time.

This was the price our company recieved in the Rocky Mountains, ie Utah, Wy, Co, Dakotas in 1998. It was the reason our company sold as we drilled in Utah. Today Wyoming and the Dakotas is the hot spot in the US using directional drilling. Crude is posted by region, IE Cushing OK, Texas sweet, Brent (north sea), and is generally a central point for refining.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/twip/twip_crude.html

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
I've designed, built, and flown 4 different ultralight gyros. Amassing parts for a 2 place now.
Total Flight Time
400+
Greg, even though I mostly agree with your position on the subject, you should apologise and edit post 50.

lanichol

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm

This is a pretty decent site explaining the fluctuations in pricing.

You are right, it is a decent primer and covers the basics.

Other oil patch information web pages.
http://www.ogj.com/index.cfm
http://www.aapg.org/
http://www.api.org/
http://www.sipes.org/

In the oil field a person starts at the bottam and works their way up. They are rough & tough people. Bad things happen fast as found in the following link. If it seems like I am defending Halliburton, it is because the upper management have all been in the field and many are x-military. The patch is like the military with a chain of command in which the man in charge has the risk and lives of people in his hand. If everyone does their job, the risk is decrease except for strange situations.

I have been on well locations during a frac job where 20 men are coordinating 18 pieces of equipment using transport trucks of liquid nitrogen & gelled sand at 4,000 psi. They screw up, people can get killed. Halliburton is a solution business. I trust these people, and therefore the management. There are hundreds of different specialized equipment build by Halliburton. How would you plan or bid a war when you don't know what equipment you will need? Cheney's inside was he knew Halliburton would find a solution to any oil field related situation because they had the equipment, knowledge, and people. Screw the politics, get the job done.

Halibuton's original job in Desert Storm was to fight well head fires as happened in Kuwait. This time the miltary secured the oil fields with few blown up well heads. In the first war the Iraqis surrendered by the thousand. The marines just pointed the direction they wanted the Iraqis to march as they drove by.

http://www.roughneckcity.com/Roughneck_City_Home_Page.html
Laying down drill pipe. Cool.
http://www.roughneckcity.com/Laying_Down_Drill_Pipe.html

Last edited:

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
I've designed, built, and flown 4 different ultralight gyros. Amassing parts for a 2 place now.
Total Flight Time
400+
The companies responsible for extinguishing the fires in Kuwait were the Red Adair Company (now sold off to Global Industries of Louisiana), Boots and Coots (now Boots and Coots/IWC), Wild Well Control, Safety Boss, Cudd Well/Pressure Control, Neal Adams Firefighters, and Kuwait Wild Well Killers.

The BS that halliburton were the ones that did it is the sort of propaganda that gets repeated but is rarely checked.

It's a shame that the real men aren't getting credit for the great job they did while halliburton is trying to claim credit when they mostly shook farts out of sheets, fed the troops, cleaned latrines, etc. etc. as part of LOGCAP. They did send a few guys to help the other companies fight fires but "Halibuton's original job in Desert Storm was to fight well head fires as happened in Kuwait" Is Bullsh1t.

Last edited: