Gasoline Tips

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
You cannot trust a person with no vices. :)

Like I said the congress is just a bunch of crooks that cannot balance their own checkbook, yet every year they think they know how to spend our money better than we do. AND people keep electing them, because most people are idiots and would rather know who is the American idol, rather than learn how they are getting screwed by the govt, (both parties).

Look a Teddy Kennedy how does he get elected every term.

When Teddy's car ran off that bridge, it hit the water so hard that the poor girl's panties ended up in the glove box! :eek:

The problem is that there is no good answer, or no one answer.

The government will do nothing to improve your life, but people still wait for the gov to save them, or help them. and every year public (gov) schools turn out more ignorant souls to breed more ignorant souls, and as long as the population is ignorant it will swallow anything the gov gives it in small doses, until all of our rights and liberty's have been taken away.

I hate to get into politics. But really big companies, and wealthy people don't steal from the poor. Most people are right where they are because of the decisions they have made in their life.
The media will have you believe that gloom and doom are around every corner.

America is the greatest country in the world, why are people trying to get here?
I talked to a cousin of mine this weekend, He is Army special forces and is going back to Afghanistan for the third time. He told me he is living the dream, he loves what he does.
I served my country for 6 1/2 years, My country, not my politicians.

Back to topic........Until we quit buying so much gas, (China included) the laws of supply and demand will work. and the gov will keep making $$$$ off every gallon sold, and then continue to tell us how evil the oil company's are.

lanichol

Aircraft
RAF 2000 AAI Modified, Var Pitch IVO, hydraulic pre-rotator, mechanical FI
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
[email from a friend today...Should be interesting..Larry]

The two biggest contributing factors of global warming (and global cooling) IMHO

• Earths wobble - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles in short every 13,000 years we are either heading toward a cooling or back to a warming. Why the north star is now Polaris rather than Vega which it will be again in about 10,000 years. (Supporting data: http://www.essortment.com/all/northstarastro_rmdz.htm )

• Solar Activity – Short, concise summary report http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/solar/lassen1.html Long, extensive compilation about climate and the sun. http://www.john-daly.com/solar/solar.htm

Until Global Warming faithful can take into account something as simple as cloud cover they forecast with a deeply flawed simulator. All of the computer simulations fail to add clouds as part of the process and what are clouds made off, why water vapor of course. One of those ‘awful greenhouse gasses’.

They ignore something that covers 40% of the earth and can at times represent up to 4% of the atmosphere and instead focus on something that has gone from 0.0033% up to 0.0038% in the atmosphere. Why, because ‘nature’ creates water vapor and ‘man’ creates CO2.

Idiots all of them. Politically well-funded idiots to be sure, but still idiots. The global warming hoax will not be discussed at all in another 10 years as the environmental movement is at its apex now. $5 gas will hit them on the bridge of their nose (maybe as early as this year) and Joe six-pack will say, “Screw the seals, open up ANWR!” If not that, then a war with China and/or Iran, and nuclear devices causing mushroom clouds over Israel will help everyone put things into their proper perspective.

Global warming has always been about taxing the prosperous nations and redistribution networks of global wealth. The political leaders of this movement see an unlimited potential for tax revenues and no matter what we do, it will never be enough, because their scientists are bought and paid for. They will continue to turn out reports of dire consequence. They will always indicate we need to do more. We may be gaining, but we still need to keep up the effort.

The ugly truth they already know, and don’t want everyone else to know is we humans simply CAN NOT AFFECT THE ENVIRONMENT! Hence the taxes, carbon credits, etc will continue unabated until people realize there are a helluva lot bigger things to worry about than sea levels rising 1 foot over the next 1000 years.

The ironic point in all this is the enviro-nutcakes are one of the main reasons our business is doing so well. Without them oil exploration and production could have expanded to Alaska, offshore California and Florida, gulf of Mexico, etc and helped keep prices low. Instead we face a shortage because these whack jobs won’t let us explore for oil here.

lanichol

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
Scott, I don't care what anyone says. The whole thing stinks, BEGINNING with the first election of Bush - Cheney.

1. Soaring Oil prices. Get rid of all the 3rd world countries especially China. Open up the drilling. The bubble is here.
2. Tax cuts for the rich. Gov. does not create wealth. People get more money, they spend more money, they pay people money, this creates growth, growth creates opportunities & new business. Econ 101.
3. Lack of proper and efficient executive response in the first stages of 9/11. BS. NY & America did a dang good job. When was the last attach in America?
4. Lack of proper and efficient executive response to Katrina. In my Geology 101 class we talked about the foolishness of building below sea level. Kansas did a great job in their response to a tornado that hit Greensburg. Not all communities are equal in their determination to help themselves. Gov is not the total solution.
5. Budget surplus of 1 trillion turned into deficits of 2 trillion
6. Recession. Due to high fuel cost. Ride a bike or start drilling.
7. Invasion of a soveriegn nation not at war, with no consensus domestically or internationally. We loose 4000. Do you not care about the millions that were murdered in Iraq.
8. Lack of exit strategy for that war. Just blow stuff up and leave? The exit strategy is to desimate the people causing the problem. If you haven't noticed the iraq people are turning in the bad guys.
9. Lack of timely and then sufficient military support for the CIA effort in Afghanistan for the effective capture of bin Laden. If Bin Laden is alive why are there no detail in his tapes? Bin Laden wears a family ring on his right hand. Bin Laden has not been seen on tape since Bora Bora with the ring. An observation of a Saudi friend
10. Redirection of the above operation to Iraq
11. The treasonous leak of CIA operative information at cabinet-level. The treason are leaks from the CIA below the cabinet, most probably from the Clinton hires. The leaks are of no help to the current administration. Valerie Plame is not a high classified agent. But if she was an example of our quality agents we are in big trouble. A loyal agent would keep their mouth shut. The classified people I know will not say #$%*
12. State of the Union lies by the president himself, on international TV!?!?!
I think you have been drinking from the Jim Jones Koolaid of the left.
13. Lack of control of pharmaceuticals and restrictons on cheap pharms from Canada. Who setup all the gov. regulation on pharmaceuticals..Congress?

A radical response to radical statements.

lanichol

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
Here good reading, cuts through the BS, educate your self and stop blaming. (why do Lib's always blame someone else?) sorry it is not up to date, it is a couple years old, but you get the idea.

http://www.gravmag.com/oil.html

Still fairly accurate! One comment, ANWR & northern Alaska is sourced with hydrocarbon. This gives a fair probability that the total reserves are much greater than the gov. estimates. The secrete to oil exporation is keeping it a secrete from your competitors. So why would anyone tell the gov their best guess?

At one time in the early 1900s, the total oil was thought to be located only near the El Dorado field in Kansas. In reality the total potential oil reserves were multistate and offshore. It has taken 85 years and millions of dry holes to prove the reserves in the US and we are still finding new reserves.

kc0iv

Aircraft
Single Engine Land
Total Flight Time
The lost of the popular vote (Bush vs Gore) isn't the first time it happened. It happened three other times. John Quincy Adams lost the popular vote to Andrew Jackson in 1824, Ruterford B Hayes lost the popular vote to Samuel Tilden in 1876, and Grover Cleveland lost the popular vote to Benjamin Harrison in 1888. In the case of Adams vs Jackson -- Jackson won both the popular vote and the electoral college vote and still lost the election.

OPEC -- As I showed OPEC was started by Venezuela, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. It was formed as a results of the U.S. imposition of import quotas on oil (Mandatory Oil Import Quota Program (MOIP)). The MOIP gave preferential treatment to oil imports from Mexico and Canada. See: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/OPEC.html

If big oil had anything to do with the creation of OPEC then it backfired. Oil crude prices fell until 1971.

Gas prices. -- One of the biggest causes for high gas prices is because there hasn't been a new refinery built since 1976. See: http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/news/ntn12966.htm

People talk about reducing the demand of gasoline. Use alternate power. OK that sounds fine.

Electrical cars -- Many areas of the country are operating a near maximum levels now on their power grid. Where is the increase going to come from to run these electric cars? Some say used solar power. Great idea. To bad there isn't any cost effective solar power cars available.

Maybe increase power production. OK what power production are you going to use? Coal? Nope coal power plants are responsible for 93 percent of the sulfur dioxide and 80 percent of the nitrogen oxide emissions generated by the electric utility industry. How about Nuclear power? Nope. No way to get rid of the spent fuel rods. How about wind? All you have to do is look at Kansas. Most of the proposed new wind power generator are tied up in court and will be for years to come. Or how about Cape Wind in Mass? It all boils down to Wind power is great as long as it isn't in my backyard.

How about reducing the demand of gasoline. Is everybody going to quit using gasoline for such things as boating, flying (yes that includes flying your gyro), do away with that lawn-mower, no more cutting your firewood with that chainsaw have to use a hand saw. The list goes on and on.

OK lets get rid of big heavy trucks and SUVs. How are you going to get that piece of plywood from the lumber yard?

Go to mass transit. Another great idea. Is everybody ready to pay for the increase on their property taxes it would require to make mass transit possible? Right now Kansas City is looking at light-rail with a projection cost of $1 billion dollars for 27 miles. Which would cover less than 1% of the KC area.

I could go on and on about alternative power sources but at every turn somebody (group) says no.

Leon
(kc0iv)

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
The regulations States put on gasoline blends also raise the prices. There are more than 300 local and state fuel regulations in the U.S. I can't remember how many different blends of fuel there are but it's over 30. Everytime a refinery has to shut down to start a new batch of a different blend adds to the price.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Fact is the country is run by you or people like you. The politicians are from the ranks of the public. The vote for them is the public. They possess all the weaknesses strengths and vices of us all.

Fact the US is split fairly evenly between Republican and Democrat, a heartening fact indicating no major tilt to any extreme.

Fact the problems everyone here has commented on face us all, us being the global population.

Fact, the world and life progress along lines dictated by events on the ground. Some can be influenced by concerted human action others will happen regardless of what we do.

So... so we go about our business, venture our opinions and enjoy the life we have and the interests we share with what we have. When I hit the US for the first time gas was 39 cents a gallon, I will be over there on Mon and when I get there and have to fill the tank I will decide at that time if I have the money to do it. I will have chosen the most fuel efficient car to get across to Wauchula and hope that the money in my pocket will get me there. In the meantime guys and gals have a great day.:)

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Can you believe this thread is still alive? We love our politics, our misinformation, our gaps of accountability...

THere is a wonderful line from a Jack Nicholson movie, where his character is an author. At a party, a woman asks him something like "How do you write women characters in your book so well, you being a man? You seem to understand women perfectly?" or something to that effect anyway.

His answer is," I think about a man, then take away logic and accountability." With that he simply turns and walks away from the bimbo.

Larry:

In politics it is much the same. We have video proof of the lack of proper response from our president during 9/11. That, dear friend is not open to interpretation. The SS practically had to drag him out of the classroom he was in and force him to make a decision. THat is not a leader. THat is either a coward, a moron, or someone who already knew what was going to happen. You choose, but the list of applicable multiple choice answers is anything but fearless, decisive leader, ready to act.

The man responsible for the Katrina mess was a BUSH APPOINTEE. His prior experience? He was president of a horsey riding club. HELLO, all the lights are on but nobody's home eh Larry? Oh, I suppose you refuse to acknowledge that Germany jumped to the aid DAYS before the Bush losers were able to react, and were brushed aside and extremely insulted by your wonderful Bush. ANd who CARES how the place was and STILL is built? Have you never heard of Holland? THIS is your excuse for a failed emergency response by your elected officials? Get the head out of the sand, Larry. No one, not even the Bush administration denies this was a huge mistake, a huge disaster, and it should NEVER be allowed to happen again.

THere is much proof that the leak of an undercover CIA operative came as a directive from the cabinet, and of course there was a fall guy lower down the food chain. We'll never know, they covered their tracks pretty well of course. Why would they leave that door wide open, they are treasonous, not stupid. Did you think Clinton would caught with Whitewater and the murders committed to cover that up? Jeez. THey aren't idiots!

Why would you even think to begin considering that one undercover agent is worth less than another? That is really ignorant. Is any decent cop less worthy of a bullet in the head than another because of his duty demands? What a totally stupid thing to say. You make me sick with your logic.

We are posing political trivia, impressions, and effects on the lives of the common people. THere is no fact for many of the things we wich to believe. THere is only information and disinformation.

THe State of Union lie about yellow cake is not disputed in any reputable circle. For you to dispute it shows your blind alliance to an authority that has you hooked. Go blindly down your road. baa baaa.

Your understanding of the crude oil market is a joke. THe increased consumption by CHina was a minor blip.

I can go on and on. But I want to post somehting about gyros right now, so I'll be back to chat with you guys later on this stuff.

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Greg,
If you're so anti Bush why did you go to work for him? If you disagree with him so much you never would've taken a check from him. The Katrina mess was a result of the City and State govt down there spending federal money sent to improve the levees on other projects instead. They mismanaged the levees for years. The so-called CIA operative had a parking place at the CIA with her name on it. Big secret. Try and tell me that Hillary and Obama don't lie to us. Every time Hillary opens her mouth she's telling another one. Obama's starting to string us along as well. If you have all the answers why don't you run for some elected position?

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
"Your understanding of the crude oil market is a joke. THe increased consumption by CHina was a minor blip."

In my opinion that a country the size of China, with the population it has, can hardly be described as a minor blip in any calculations made on world consumption figures, pollution figures, or any other figures one cares to consider.

Skyjinks

Aircraft
RAF2000
Total Flight Time
Global warming has always been about taxing the prosperous nations and redistribution networks of global wealth. The political leaders of this movement see an unlimited potential for tax revenues and no matter what we do, it will never be enough, because their scientists are bought and paid for. They will continue to turn out reports of dire consequence. They will always indicate we need to do more. We may be gaining, but we still need to keep up the effort.

Larry, I can only agree with that and I think it was started by another politician hell bent on war to divert attention from the real issues, a friend of Bush called Blair!

lanichol

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
Your understanding of the crude oil market is a joke. The increased consumption by China was a minor blip.

I have been in Oil & Gas Exploration and Production for over 25 years. I have seen the highs and lows. In 1998 we were getting $8.00 bbl which nearly broke every oil company in the US. If the oil companies control price why was it $8.00 bbl and forcing the majors to merge. Until 1987 oil was not a commodity and producers were willing to sign 6 mo or 1 yr contracts with the purchasers for a 50 cent bonus on crude. Many of the refineries since then have sold to foreign companies/countries. American companies were not willing to take the risk of federal regulation or a potential accident. Foreign countries do not care. Most of the refineries in Corpus Christy are foreign owned. Mostly notably Valero, which is Chavez.

China is second to the US in consumption. Their growth in consumption is nearly 10% per year. They have aggressively purchased, participated and traded for reserves. It is really simple. Energy is power. The guy with the most production and reserves has the most power. If we lose this battle our economy and life style will change. Just as we broke the Soviet Union, China will break us.

China can also offer to 3rd world countries something the oil companies cannot; Industrial products and weapons. So now companies are competing against countries.

I have worked for the bad guys; a top 10 major oil company, GE Energy and Halliburton with Dick Cheney as the leader. Dick Cheney turned Halliburton around by; investing in new technology and equipment, providing the best service, and understanding each division & the industry. Halliburton was the definition of Red Neck America. I have known people that have worked for Halliburton for 40 years. They are dedicated, loyal, work extremely long hours, and find solutions. Cheney is smart, I stood in the same room; listen to his visions, seen his interaction with employees; and seen the results. You will never get that from the bias news media.

There are many small solutions to energy; wind, solar, ect. The reasonable solution is coal (as we can control the emissions with scrubbers) and nuclear. We should have been doing research on changing the nuclear waste to a form that can be handled or reused.

Bottom line is we still need crude oil for all the byproducts and we better find a way to get the price down. Open up areas for exploration. Encourage the construction of refineries by removing the foolish regs. Set a trend towards one fuel, diesel that has more BTUs per gallon and is a simple fuel. Get rid of all the different gasoline formulas to simplify the refineries. Burn coal as it is the most available energy. Work nuclear solutions. And finally get the energy industry out of agriculture. We are going to break the famers and your food cost will go thru the ceiling with energy cost. Do you really want your food cost tied to foreign countries that can manipulate energy cost? Conservation of energy is important. But don't deviastate you life style and economy for feel good green initiatives that are foolish.

Every Geologist (Geo - earth, ologist - study off) I know in the the majors or independ oil companies are conservationist. And we do understand the impact of energy at the US and world levels. As they said in WWII, we have awoke the sleeping giant, in this case it is China's consumption of energy.

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
A Welshman buys several sheep, hoping to breed them for wool. After several weeks, he notices that none of the sheep are getting pregnant, and phones a vet for help. The vet tells him that he should try artificial insemination.

The poor guy doesn't have the slightest idea what this means but, not wanting to display his ignorance, only asks the vet how he will know when the sheep are pregnant. The vet tells him that they will stop standing around and instead will lie down and wallow in grass when they are pregnant.

The man hangs up and gives it some thought. He comes to the conclusion that artificial insemination means he has to impregnate the sheep himself. So, he loads the sheep into his Land Rover, drives them out into the woods, does what he thinks is artificial insemination with them all, brings them back, and goes to bed.

Next morning, he wakes and looks out at the sheep. Seeing that they are all still standing around, he deduces that the first try didn't take, and loads them in the Land Rover again. He drives them out to the woods, does each sheep twice for good measure, brings them back, and goes to bed exhausted.

Next morning, he wakes to find the sheep still just standing round. Try again." he tells himself, and proceeds to load them up, and drive them out to the woods He spends all day with the sheep and upon returning home, falls completely knackered into bed.

The next morning, he cannot even raise himself from the bed to look out of the window. He weakly asks his wife to look for him, and tell him if the sheep are lying in the grass.

"Nope," she says, " but the funny thing is they're all in the Land Rover, and one of them is beeping the horn."

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
I've designed, built, and flown 4 different ultralight gyros. Amassing parts for a 2 place now.
Total Flight Time
400+
<Dick Cheney turned Halliburton around by; investing in new technology and equipment, providing the best service, and understanding each division & the industry.>

I'm sure that halliburtons success has nothing at all to do with cheney and bush starting a war in the middle east to constrict supply and raise the price of oil, no bid contracts, multitudes of cost overruns, gas price gouging in Iraq, and blocking all the investigations and prosecutions of corruption.