Future Gyro pilot:

Dan

Hello, I live in the North central part of NC just south of Danville, VA. I currently fly paramotor and I'm looking for someone to train me to fly gyros. I intend to start ground school soon in pursuit of a sports pilot license or a private. If anyone can offer advice I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Dan...welcome!! We’re the Carolina Barnstormers and we’re located at the Anson County Airport In Wadesboro, NC.

Lots of gyros here...you are welcome down anytime for fun, food and flying! We’ll answer any questions you have and give ya some free rides!!!

We’re at the hangar most every weekend and during the week too!!

Anytime you’re available....let me know and we’ll meet ya there!!!!

Barry
704-506-6909

Dan...welcome!! We’re the Carolina Barnstormers and we’re located at the Anson County Airport In Wadesboro, NC.

Lots of gyros here...you are welcome down anytime for fun, food and flying! We’ll answer any questions you have and give ya some free rides!!!

We’re at the hangar most every weekend and during the week too!!

Anytime you’re available....let me know and we’ll meet ya there!!!!

Barry
704-506-6909
Barry, you absolutely made my day! I appreciate so much your quick response to my post. I'd love to come out to see you the weekend after Labor Day - I can come out either the 7th or 8th if one of those days would work for you. You're about two hours from me. Just let me know the best date and time and I'll put it on my calendar.
Thanks again for the post Barry!

Non problem Dan.... looking forward to meeting you. I’m the big blue hangar facing the runway.... trailers in back.... picnic tables out front!! I’ll be there Saturday and possibly Sunday.... just let me know which day works best for you!!

Barry, I can head out your way Saturday Sept. 7th. If I leave here around 7am I should be at your hangar by 9:30am if that works for you? Really looking forward to it Barry - Thanks!!

That works great for us BarnStormers!! See ya then!

Barry, I can't thank you and the Barnstormers enough for the fabulous welcome mat you put out for me yesterday! That was the most fun I've had in a very long time. Thanks so much for the ride in the "SnowBird" and all the invaluable information I received. I'm thoroughly sold on Gyro's and I look forward to spending time with you and the Barnstormers in the near future. You truly are a great ambassador for the Gyro sport! Thanks for the T-shirt and welcoming me into the family!!

Dan......it was a pleasure to have you over.......not to mention the great ride you had over with Russ in his Magni.......BEAUTIFUL machine!

Glad we got you "hooked". Now we gotta get that training stuff going!!

Hope to see you next month at the " elite" get together!!

You're welcome over anytime!!

Hello, I live in the North central part of NC just south of Danville, VA. I currently fly paramotor and I'm looking for someone to train me to fly gyros. I intend to start ground school soon in pursuit of a sports pilot license or a private. If anyone can offer advice I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
Join the facebook page for the PRA. Hook up with tim O conner.
He does online ground school.
$200-$300 total i think.
Also sign up for “The Gyropedia”.
Phil Harwood has excellent material to get you in the gyro frame of mind.
Educational and fun.
You will find a lot of knowledge available.

Barry, I can't thank you and the Barnstormers enough for the fabulous welcome mat you put out for me yesterday! That was the most fun I've had in a very long time. Thanks so much for the ride in the "SnowBird" and all the invaluable information I received. I'm thoroughly sold on Gyro's and I look forward to spending time with you and the Barnstormers in the near future. You truly are a great ambassador for the Gyro sport! Thanks for the T-shirt and welcoming me into the family!!
Hey Dan...... you gonna make it to our fly in this year?? May 14-17!!!!

Attachments

• FDD83F20-C035-46C4-9A69-681D11D05FCC.jpeg
    FDD83F20-C035-46C4-9A69-681D11D05FCC.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/115014588118/

link to the PRA Facebook page.

You will see the Link there for Tim O'Connors online Gyroplane training Course
Additional comments. I started with the Gleim Sport Pilot class and it was best prep for FAA Test. Also ok best for general knowledge. Use that and get past the Test. Then take Tim's on line class, great tie in to the curriculum with focus on the Gyro. Then, once you start flight instruction tie in with Gyropedia.

Will make more sense as you progress.