Fusioncopter Nano Ultralight Gyroplane USA Distributor

così costoso
nI don't think it will become much more expensive than now, but I think that if you see the weight of the engine if it can fit inside it will really be for a few grams!

Yes...been flying some....had a 230 pound pilot fly it with only 3 gallons of fuel onboard.....flew well.
Machine is very stable although a fixed vertical with an attached rudder would be better.....but an all flying rudder is lighter.
I contacted Jonathan the US rep in California and he did confirm that the 50 hp version will meet the 254# weight limit in the US. I don't know much about the 50 hp engine but opted for the Polini because it's liquid cooled and pretty popular in the paragliding community.

Once again...the craftsmanship and technology in this machine is excellent and I feel the price point is very good. But as mentioned before.....never confuse "ultralight" with "easy" to fly......this machine requires training as the lighter aircraft can bite you when you least expect them to....training...training...training!

More flights and info to follow! ( I'll get more pictures too)

And....... If anyone is interested in seeing this machine in person.....feel free to come on over and visit us at Anson County Airport KAFP in Wadesboro, NC.
Home of the Carolina BarnStormers!!
Probably include a free lunch for ya too!!

E ....... Se qualcuno è interessato a vedere questa macchina di persona ..... non esitate a venire a trovarci all'Anson County Airport KAFP a Wadesboro, NC.
Sede dei Carolina BarnStormers !!
Probabilmente includi un pranzo gratis anche per te !!
часвы совершали какие-либо другие полеты? у вас есть новая информация для форума на этой машине? расход топлива, количество кругов перед вращением, скорость взлета, в полете и при посадке? какая скорость обычно используется в качестве ставки?

Yes...the are telling me the 50 hp engine they are going to use will still meet ultralight.
That would seem, in this category, a decent upping of HP.

38HP sound pretty minimal, and performance marginal.

For what seems for a minimal weight gain what is the difference in price?

And....... If anyone is interested in seeing this machine in person.....feel free to come on over and visit us at Anson County Airport KAFP in Wadesboro, NC.
Home of the Carolina BarnStormers!!
Probably include a free lunch for ya too!!
Hmmm....

Well.....she’s flyin! No issues......flies well.....like an ultralight........will bounce you around a bit in a gust cuz she’s so light. The Polini is flying well.....smooth and very efficient. 1.5-2 gallons/hr. The 38 hp is just enough at our field elevation (320’) 50 hp version would be very nice.
Everyone is very impressed with the quality, fit and finish.

Attachments

• 095E09B1-3894-4233-BEDB-705D450557FC.jpeg
    095E09B1-3894-4233-BEDB-705D450557FC.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 68
  • BD0B7156-C78C-41A5-BAF1-8A2CBB8502B0.jpeg
    BD0B7156-C78C-41A5-BAF1-8A2CBB8502B0.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 33B2B8FD-CD82-4CB1-B119-744D861B315F.jpeg
    33B2B8FD-CD82-4CB1-B119-744D861B315F.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 68BED938-0C14-4836-B47E-9C669D1A9D7E.jpeg
    68BED938-0C14-4836-B47E-9C669D1A9D7E.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 59
Well.....she’s flyin! No issues......flies well.....like an ultralight........will bounce you around a bit in a gust cuz she’s so light.

A big reason I'm considering gyros is the considerable less bumpy ride in mid afternoon thermal air. I fly a Challenger 2 long wing that feels like a leaf in such air. Does the light weight of the Nano significantly reduce it's thermal air ability? When you say it flies like an ultralight... did you mean a fixed wing or gyro ultralight? Few have experience in ultralight gyros so I'm assuming fixed wing, which is disappointing if the case. Given it's a single place, pilot reports are the sole way to evaluate it.

Any ultralight....FW or Gyro will be more sensitive to gusty conditions......a 40-45 mph wind in a heavier single place or my 2 place gyro is fun....with experience in type. I wouldn't fly the Nano in anything like that.....it'll toss you around a bit.

Being a gyroplane.....the Nano will still handle winds and gusts better than any fixed wing or trike with the same all up weight. Most of our converts are from trikes, paraplanes and ultralights. Once they go gyro....they rarely look back!

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for the clarification. I'd be thrilled to fly comfortably on a sunny afternoon amongst cumulous puffies with 10 gusting to 20 mph winds.

I routinely fly in "blustery" conditions that keep all the local airplanes on the ground. You'll definitely get more fun time in the air in a gyro than with your long wing.

A big reason I'm considering gyros is the considerable less bumpy ride in mid afternoon thermal air. I fly a Challenger 2 long wing that feels like a leaf in such air. Does the light weight of the Nano significantly reduce it's thermal air ability? When you say it flies like an ultralight... did you mean a fixed wing or gyro ultralight? Few have experience in ultralight gyros so I'm assuming fixed wing, which is disappointing if the case. Given it's a single place, pilot reports are the sole way to evaluate it.
Comparing the wing loading on ultralight fixed wings and gyros shows why gyros handle winds better. The Challenger has about 170 square feet of wing area that gusts influence. My Ultralight gyro has 23'x7" or about 13.42 square feet of area. Obviously the airframe and empennage contribute but they are in practical purposes roughly equal although the gyro is also less there too. The wing loading on the Challenger at 750 pounds is 750/170 or 4.4 pounds per square foot, while my U/L gyro is ~525/13.42 or 39.1 pounds per square foot wing loading. The Nano is lighter, has the same size rotor, and a bit more body area because of the pod with lower weight so it should come in at around 35 pounds per square foot wing loading.

Another way to think of it is that when your airplane (and its wings) are doing 80mph and you get hit with a 20mph gust, that's a big delta.
On a gyro your "wings" are going a LOT faster than that, no matter what your forward airspeed is. A 20mph gust is negligible by comparison.

Another thing to think about is the rotor of a gyro is just that a giant gyroscope, it just wants to keep flying in the same plane and not get knocked off course. Very self stabalizing.

wolfy

Another thing to think about is the rotor of a gyro is just that a giant gyroscope, it just wants to keep flying in the same plane and not get knocked off course. Very self stabalizing.
I don't dispute the stability you describe for for many gyros, but I think the gyroscope analogy is inapt, and not the best explanation for the behavior. Let go of the controls in a Robinson R22, and you'll very quickly appreciate that a spinning rotor system can be highly unstable, not behaving much like a gyroscope. Fully articulated gyros are much more like helicopters in that regard.

Yes totally agree about a 22 very unstable (and nimble), maybe gyroscopic is not the correct term but there is no doubt a non articulated gyro rotor with it's offset gimble control is worlds apart in stability from a 22.

wolfy