Fusioncopter Nano Ultralight Gyroplane USA Distributor

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
Fusioncopter of Poland now has a US distributor, in Tehachapi, California. Any color can be yours, even a carbon fiber finish.

From barnstormers.com: "NEW TO MARKET • The NEW Fusioncopter NANO Gyrocopter is now in the US! A true Part 103 gyro with amazing looks and performance. Carbon composite shell with duralumin structure. 220 lbs empty! Polini Thor 250DS engine, all-surface landing gear, simple controls, hydraulic pre-rotator. Everything you expect in an expensive gyro, without the expensive part! Fly for under $25k! We are the US Dealer. Contact us for full specs, prices and live action flying videos. • VISIT MY WEBSITE • Contact Jonathan Barraclough , - located Tehachapi, CA United States • Telephone: 6619725240 • Posted June 2, 2020 •"

Last edited:

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Looks like fun, but at 9:30 in the morning the density altitude at my home field is already 8600 feet and will only go up as the day warms, so I don't think it will fly up here.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
As nice a place as Tehachapi is to sell ultralight gyroplanes the field elevation of KTSP is just over 4,000 feet msl and I have seen density altitude there over 7,000 feet in the afternoon.

I would expect the performance at those density altitudes to be marginal.

The area is also knows for strong, gusty winds.

I wonder how they will manage training?

$23,000 seems like a very reasonable price to me.

Last edited:

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
Got one coming to evaluate.... hopefully I will be able to post the findings..... we’ll see.
Thanks for the update, would like to know.

I have the feeling that at sea level on a cool day this would be great. Most of us don't get both of those, and some of us get neither of those. I had a polini, did not like it, was weak on a fixed with that would fly pretty good on a 447, not so well on the Polini even though it was much lighter. Felt like alot less torque.

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
Bill Totten, our Chapter 73 gyro group president, called to learn more. Said five have already been ordered by customers since that barnstormers.com ad was published.
3 months to receive the box it ships in.
Customer needs to attach tail & wheels.
Distributor is a trike CFI. He has had gyroplane training.

Last edited:

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
200ish
the HS does not seems to have any airfoil ... it seems flat...

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
Additional photos supplied by distributor showing rotorblades being mounted on hub bar & rotorhead:

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
Got one coming to evaluate.... hopefully I will be able to post the findings..... we’ll see.
Barry: The distributor says someone has ordered a Ferrari red-colored one. Yours?

Last edited:

chrisk

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Magni M24, Turbo Mooney 231
Total Flight Time
I'd absolutely love to have one. That said, I know nothing about the specifications. It might not even get my 200lbs off the ground on one of our 100 degree summer days. I'm looking forward to getting feedback from folks.

Flyboy57

Can you log time towards other gyro, sport pilot CFI, etc. ratings in one of these? In other words, can you actually build time as PIC in a ultralight, (part 103) gyro that counts as far as the FAA is concerned? Thanks for your advice!

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Can you log time towards other gyro, sport pilot CFI, etc. ratings in one of these? In other words, can you actually build time as PIC in a ultralight, (part 103) gyro that counts as far as the FAA is concerned? Thanks for your advice!
Nope. The time might help your skills but it doesn't count toward any ratings.

From FAA Order 8700.1, volume 2:

B. Logging Time. Unless the vehicle is type- certificated as an aircraft in a category listed in 61.5(b)(1) or as an experimental aircraft, or otherwise holds an airworthiness certificate, flight time acquired in such a vehicle may not be used to meet requirements of part 61 for a certificate or rating or to meet recency of experience requirements.

Flyboy57

Nope. The time might help your skills but it doesn't count toward any ratings.

From FAA Order 8700.1, volume 2:

B. Logging Time. Unless the vehicle is type- certificated as an aircraft in a category listed in 61.5(b)(1) or as an experimental aircraft, or otherwise holds an airworthiness certificate, flight time acquired in such a vehicle may not be used to meet requirements of part 61 for a certificate or rating or to meet recency of experience requirements.
Thanks! Oh well got to spend the money!

Kevin_Richey

Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
Until someone has one of these delivered, will we be able to verify if it is indeed under 254#, & more importantly, able to fly someone (who weighs more than 180#) adequately on that small engine.

Part 103 also has a top speed limit of 63 mph...their specs state 68.3 mph.

The fuel tank supposedly carries well in excess of 5 gallons. I was told by another that it is something over 10 gallons. The specs only indicate 5 gallons.

Those wishing to keep it w/in the parameters of FAA Part 103 regs re: ultralight vehicles must have a vent or device @ that 5 gallon level to prevent accessing in flight more fuel than that.

I see on their website that they've added some more info re: a 50 hp engine for climb rate & fuel consumption. They have named that engine:
Minari Stratos 400. 50 HP. Dual ignition. Electric start. Price of the new engine TBD.

I still like their concept, in spite of the questions.
I suspect going the registration route & N# isn't that big of a deal.
Only, the pilot must then be licensed.

Last edited: