Forum Moderation

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
I didn't ban him.... I can't ban anyone. Todd banned him. I think it was because of what he said in the gyro crash thread, but ultimately it was also a issue of his posts created alot of negative reaction.

LGoodhind

Aircraft
former builder- project in mothballs
Total Flight Time
>nor any animosity toward any Eastern country

What made you think he had any relationship to China other than his own comments? Heron chatting with him on Skype? Seriously- those of you accepting "Albert's" narrative may want to consider recalibrating your mental model of online forums ... these fellows are figuratively and often literally the same guy.

Total troll- no interest in anything other than standing on his dust speck yelling "I am here- I am here- I am heeeerrrrre." He'll fire up another sock puppet if he hasn't already- just watch for similar race/culture baiting comments out of low mileage posters that nobody has ever spoken with. Dancing on graves is par for their course. The goal is to destroy/disrupt any sort of real community they encounter and typically they god-complex themselves into thinking they are doing you a favor.

To figure out who Albert is all you need to do is follow the chain back to when he appeared and figure out who was shunned a few weeks before for similar behavior. Turtles all the way down.

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Renee Peter Holz is a character, not easy to understand but interesting.
I can´t figure out what he really wants, it is a lot of time invested and very little profit if any is desired.
No bad feelings towards him, it was my choice to wait untill to late for me.
But, there are rules and patience to keep up with , , ,
Heron

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Jens had you just been the victim of an unfortunate accident and quite badly injured, his post might not have seemed quite so innocuous.

cbonnerup

More Senior Every Day
Aircraft
Building a Gyro, modified J4B2
Total Flight Time
12 hrs PP; others as available
Every good, diligent troll returns;
he'll be back I'm afraid.

I guess I'm happy I missed the 'post'

Chris

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
In my opinion, the moderator showed extraordinary restraint in allowing his posts to continue as long as they did. I won't miss seeing his posts.

-John

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
In my opinion, the moderator showed extraordinary restraint in allowing his posts to continue as long as they did. I won't miss seeing his posts.

-John

I beleive the moderators did well by allowing it until the post that did "break the camels back". In the US we do have freedom of speach and also the freedom to ignor. Just because someone does not like another persons posts does not mean they should be banned, you choose yourself whether to read them or not. 1946 did get what he deserved when he deserved it but most of his other posts where no worse than a lot of others.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
I came close to banning him several times but kept deciding to cut him just a little more slack.
But I think he needed to be banned after his last remark.

Todd beat me to it. :)

Jens

GyroNew & Paraglider
Aircraft
Paraglider and PPG
Total Flight Time
Some hundreds
.... ultimately it was also a issue of his posts created alot of negative reaction.
But that is blaming Albert for other peoples posts!?
We don't need too many posts from antagonism and on down. And the too nasty posts should be deleted.
Banned should only be posters on chronic covert hostility - somewhat similar to what others call trolls.

Unfortunately it is not so easy to agree on who is a troll and who is not.

tsp04web.jpg

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
Jens, I am assuming you didn't read the last posting which got him banned
If you had, you wouldn't be defending him.

Todd made a decision. It is Todd's forum. Not yours, not mine.

Please show some respect for the forum host, and park it.

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
"Renee Peter Holz" is a character, not easy to understand but interesting.
Heron

If he used his intelligence , and his real identity , his freedom of speech and freedom of opinion would survive quite nicely.

If he was a true salesman , or a trusted aviation company representative who operated with integrity , he could earn a handsome income , especially in emerging China.

For his own reasons he chooses not to . That is the game he plays.

Getting banned has nothing to do with any of us ...... or any of the moderators of this forum ..... or our tremendous respect for freedom of speech and freedom of opinion.

None whatsoever.

Sita

But that is blaming Albert for other peoples posts!?

You seem to use "woman's logic",very confusing for "hombres" :Cry:

"I say yes, when I mean no"
"I want you to stay, when I say go"
"everything yours is mine and everything mine is mine but yours when I don't want it to be mine"

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
I came close to banning him several times but kept deciding to cut him just a little more slack.
But I think he needed to be banned after his last remark.

Todd beat me to it. :)

Good moderation work. Gyromike didn't ban him. Albert banned himself. Push and push and push until a unanimous ban hammer came down. Well done. In the end, a ban comes through without question or debate. That's the way to do it. Kudos.

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
@Mike484: With respect, we do have freedom of speech in the US. But this board is not the US, it is a privately controlled forum of (mostly) like-minded rotorcraft enthusiasts who have the option of putting up with or not putting up with anyone that is intentionally antagonistic or abusive, as defined by the moderators. As Rush Limbaugh might say, this is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship. :)

-John

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
My statement is that many people post things that they shouldn't, adults can decide what to read and not to read rather than want to punish someone because they posted something you didn't want to read. If your tired of reading someones posts then why do you continue to do it? Besides, it's a mute point now.

Last edited:

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Mike, I think everyone who is a forum member has the right to post anything they want, and subsequently the moderators have the right to ban anyone they want. It's their forum. Fortunately, they are very even-handed in their moderation, and it is a very rare occasion when they whip out the Ban Hammer.

And you and I agree that we don't have to be in lock-step agreement with everything we read. But some are here to share information and flying stories, and some people seemingly exist only to antagonize and pick fights. Albert was most definitely in the latter category.

I've got very thick skin and can take any of that. But I really shouldn't have to, nor should anyone else. I come here to learn from and be entertained by the interesting and knowledgeable characters that comprise this sport. Not to watch one member troll around and at every turn piss in everyone's Cheerios just to get a rise out of the readers.

-John

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
There is the kettle, the water and the fire!
What is the water doing in the kettle?
Look at you, still boiling and creating what you don´t want to see!
That bit about deleting posts is right on the money, get them while still in the nest . . .
and . . .please lets treat a member for what and who he/she is.
Man is gone, so should we . . .to other subjects!
Heron (always at the edge)
Renee is mad at me, called me a traitor . . .I just did not want to be an accomplice . . .