Ford 3 cylinder 1.0 liter

Illini85

This engine has been talked about for a while just not here. Could this be a contender for consideration as an auto coversion option for experimentals? As the auto industry evolves its products for small size and high fuel efficiency the experimental aviation world should have lots to talk about.

Here's a cute little article I found this a.m.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012...-it-fits-in-carry-on-luggage/?intcmp=features

The yamaha sled engine in my gyro is the same size ( CC's and cylinder count ) as the new ford. Doesn't make as much power but is far more simple and Id dare to say more reliable

Geo metro mmm 130 libs X 62 hp heavy and too less poweer mm
I test that motor in trikes with poor results

One of our club members tried that Geo engine in a gyro some time ago. With the same poor results.

But this is a different engine with more H.P they are talking about here.

Yes i know but i think there are much better options in the market , in the same category the suby ea 81 you can use wih no gear box ITS MUCH BETTER WITH GEARBOX and ea 82 too ,and same weigth with 90 hp or even 100hp depennd of the year or serial model ,and the bigest category in the same brand,subaru
ej25 carburated (old ones) 150hp ,ej 22 with 160 hp an the new impresa new version of ej 25 with turbo injectd 300 hp or more

Last edited: