? for Joe Pires about 582 exhaust bracket

tx_swordguy

Aircraft
Dominator ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
80+ and climbing
Joe,
I was looking at old posts about 582 exhaust mounts on a dominator. I saw the pics you posted back in sept 2011 and was wondering how the set up is holding? any probs? I had a mount break and trying to make a more solid mount on my grey head without looking like a gorilla mounted it is proving difficult. I liked the simplicity of the mount you took pics of . Does that mount support the front of the exhaust enough? Seems like the bands are placed on the back half of the muffler (at least on mine) and just seems like it would cause more vibration out on the unsupported bend area causing problems. I have changed from springs to the clamp setup hoping that helps.
Mark

Joe,
I was looking at old posts about 582 exhaust mounts on a dominator. I saw the pics you posted back in sept 2011 and was wondering how the set up is holding? any probs? I had a mount break and trying to make a more solid mount on my grey head without looking like a gorilla mounted it is proving difficult. I liked the simplicity of the mount you took pics of . Does that mount support the front of the exhaust enough? Seems like the bands are placed on the back half of the muffler (at least on mine) and just seems like it would cause more vibration out on the unsupported bend area causing problems. I have changed from springs to the clamp setup hoping that helps.
Mark

Sorry I don't come to the site as often these days, and did not see this until today. My exhaust brackets, which I call Sealy Mounts, because they are made out of a steel bedframe, have been absolutely trouble free. I have not seen any evidence of vibration issues. Sorry for the delay, but I would not hesitate to do the same mount again.