For evaluation....

Those are all just reflections of the ground/shop floor under the tanks. Nice shine on the paint job.

Thanc crist for that.
I thort i was go,n bonkers.

Ever see the reflections on a shiny, black car?

Did the seller tell you there are marks on the back of the cabin or are you just inferring that from the picture?

Last edited:
Please take another photo or two. Try this: put a black cloth or paper on the ground to eliminate the reflections. Then put a light bulb on the ground so as you don't see it in the cabin reflection. This should show the scratches better.

Me thinks that cabin was scratched during numerous times it was test fitted during construction. I would think to flex that far, the skids would show some spreading or some other frame member bending and exhibiting some paint cracking in flex area.

You are probably already going to do this, but just in case, be sure to have the factory pilot run a complete checkout before any flights.

Last edited:
A hard landing is going to spread the skids apart and bend the cross tubes, especially the rear. Most of the weight of the Helicycle on the ground is carried by the rear cross tube. That is why Eagle R&D added the cable. Some of the earlier Helicycles showed signs of the tail rotor getting closer to the ground over time. It was because the rear cross tube was slowly bending and spreading the skid further apart. The cable was added to keep the rear cross tube from spreading, or at least help it spring back.

If you are worried about the Helicycle having a hard landing, I would carefully inspect the rear cross tube for cracks. You can also measure the distance between the skids at the front and rear cross tubes. If the distance at the rear is significantly different, I would suspect the cable is not tight, or the aircraft has had a hard landing.

I will post the measurements from my as yet un-flown Helicycle after I get home from work.

As a side note, the UH-1s at Fort Rucker had the rear cross tubes filled with rubber. This helped absorbed the shock from all the full down autos and made the cross tube last longer.

Excellent advice Tom, thumb up...

Marks are there...

Test pilot complete checkout, for sure...

Thank you all for suggestions and advices.

Ok, I thought you were trying to decide if it was scratched based on the picture. If that didn't happen during cabin install/removal, it would have to be a serious shake to get the cabin to hit those fittings. I don't think a hard landing would do it without leaving a bent frame.

Hi Chris

No, this craft may be a candidate to become part of one
safety project, related to advanced HUMS retrofit...

Regards
Djani

Ah, sounds interesting. So HUMS will slowly percolate down the size of aircraft.

-- Chris.

HUMS is what lazy mechanics use,

Seen what's left to a HUMS/Active vibration systems use. not so good.

The smarter the machines become the dumber the users get.