Flying on Easter

scott heger

Custom-made Troublemaker
Aircraft
SportCopter Bell 206L-1
Total Flight Time
I decided to make a nice Easter flight. Take off temp was a nice toasty 89 degrees. Wind was 12 knots ,and it was very clear flight with almost no other air traffic around me. Those SportCopter rotors really help on the climb outin the hot weather. You all have bitched at me for not taking any flying photos while cruising , so I took some nice high altitude shots while visiting the highest airport around. They didn't download correctly, so I just had to copy the link below, hope I did it right. Let me know if you recognize some of the locations in the pics......and enjoy. This flight was scheduled for April 1,2008, but I could not wait because the weather was so nice.

What always amasses me, is no matter what airport you fly into, there is always a few guys just hanging around outside just watching whats going on......you think they could find something a little more exciting in life to do than just hanging on.

Clink on link below

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA pix.htm

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel,Ca N86SH

Last edited:

route66

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
c-182/ RAF AAI Mod.
Total Flight Time
The second picture looks like they just passed Wauchula and will miss Bensen days too!
Nice pictures, would that not be the ultimate flight? Thanks for sharing!

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Scott,
If they didn't announce their intentions on the radio before they cut you off like that I'd call the FAA and report them.

greg spicola

Aircraft
AR-1 /Dom 2 place/ Anything with Rotorblades/
Total Flight Time
2600+ in gyros 510 in helicopter
That was quite the little flight you took Scott ! :eek:
Cool pictures thanks for the link

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Wow!!!

Wow!!!

Scott,

I am guessing you had to use some supplemental oxygen for a flight like that. What kind of system do you have on your Sport Copter and what's your duration time at that altitude?

It really was beautiful.

Gyro Doug

scott heger

Custom-made Troublemaker
Aircraft
SportCopter Bell 206L-1
Total Flight Time
Doug, I just took a real deep breath, and held it.

When you fly to visit here, no chance of a FAA ramp check.

The duration of my flight is until ...the alarm clock goes off in the morning.

Tina, this is one of the few airports around higher than Big Bear without any snow. The view is stunning.

By the way, I did really take a nice warm fun gyro flight on Easter and it was great. Didn't get a full tank of fuel, so I will have to try to visit the guys in the pictures some other time.

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel, Ca N86SH