Flying my gyro on the History Channel

Could not be more pleased Tina with the show and you did a great Job!!!
Way to promote, we are very proud of you!!!

Thanx guys for your kind words. I am happy the way it turned out. I like the part where they say Tina Tyler is a FW pilot but feel in love with gyros ;)

Very good show

Very good show

The show was not degradative but informative. Tina was very professional in her interview and was an excellent spokesperson for the fw, helo and gyro community. The show focused on the effects of density altitude and it's role in the causes of the crash. The show also highlighted Dennis Kenyon's accomplishments and the virtues of the helicopter that helped to save his life.

I recorded the episode onto my digital camera (dvr was full). The video has the annoying lines from videoing a tv screen. I will post the video if no one recorded it to dvr.

Last edited:
Great job, Tina! I think you were a positive representative for us. Not only were you knowledgable about everything they were asking you but you also were flying a modern gyro and not a dinosaur (like mine). I recorded the show onto a DVR. I can try putting it on youtube if you'd like.

Great job, Tina! I think you were a positive representative for us. Not only were you knowledgable about everything they were asking you but you also were flying a modern gyro and not a dinosaur (like mine). I recorded the show onto a DVR. I can try putting it on youtube if you'd like.
Tim your the best. Please try and let us know!!

If you U tube it, don't make reference to Shockwave or the history channel. I got my TV stuff yanked because I credited the TV channel the first time around. even though my stuff was from a news program, they still pulled it and warned me.

Way to go Tina.
The gyro didn't play the major role, but it seemed the safer alternative to the helicopter, which is a nice mesage.

Kai.

Tina,

Caught the show Friday night, then went to Fresno for the weekend. This is my first opportunity to congradulate you. Well done! You looked good, spoke well, got in some fine flying footage, and sounded professional and knowledgeable.

On a side note, I find it amazing that chopper pilot lived, much less walk away!

Very good job, Tina. My hat (if I wore them) is off to you.

Carl

Way to go Tina.
The gyro didn't play the major role, but it seemed the safer alternative to the helicopter, which is a nice mesage.

Kai.

Hi Kai,

It is funny when a gyro crashes the news always seems to mistaken it as a helicopter. I think helicopters get a bad rap too.

It was sad to hear that Dennis's son was killed in a helicopter accident, I did not know that. It did point a bad light on helicopters which did not help any rotorcraft image in that respect.

You did a great job Tina, sounded like a pro! I hope they paid you per crash shown of your video, I counted 13 or 14 in the 8 minutes. Just glad Dennis came out of it with only minor injuries and nobody watching was hurt.

You did a great job Tina, sounded like a pro! I hope they paid you per crash shown of your video, I counted 13 or 14 in the 8 minutes. Just glad Dennis came out of it with only minor injuries and nobody watching was hurt.

They did pay for the video. I also sold the rights to the show Most Daring video and another show is viewing it right now and may do another interview with me.

I am so happy with the History Channel that I am sending the producer a box of candy with a autograph picture of me in my gyro already framed. I will ask him to please put up the picture in his office or studio so when people see it they may ask what is that? The producer will say a gyrocopter ;)

Naturally, Your "Shockwave" episode was the first my TIVO didn't record since the show first came on the air. "Someone in your house cancelled the recording" was the message. The Olympics were chosen over Tina by "someone in my house", someone who forgot we can record while watching... oh well! Thanks to Tim. I got to see it anyway.

Tina, congratulations, it couldn't have been much better. Shockwave is, by far, the best of the "reality" video shows. They don't make stuff up like "Real TV" used to "the razor sharp, steel rotorblades"

I wish they would not have singled out rotorcraft as the sole victims of DA. Many an airplane has felt DA's wrath.

Tina, I can't say enough about your performance. You have helped our cause tremendously.