Flying my gyro on the History Channel

Hello! You lost me again. How is it bad publicity for gyros? It was a helicopter pilot that made this mistake not the helicopter or a gyro's stability in question, so you have me lost. I guess I have more faith in the show and people watching it to come to the right conclusion that it was a human mistake not the machines we fly.

We are all human and must remember that, we all need humility to smack us in the face once in a while to remind us we are not prefect.

Hey I do that a lot Tina it's me and not you! That's an advertising saying in the industry. Even Bad publicity is Good publicity. Marketing jargon, Sorry.
I've never been lost or I won't be here? But I was a might perplex once for a week or so.

WE ALL HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!
we are sure pulling for it!!
It's just even the news screws up the truth when I've been there and then read the story. I often wonder is there a parallel universe or what?

I have to admit, I looked at the website and cringed a little. I tried to watch the show last week, but fell asleep just before it started. I've got the VCR programmed in case that happens tomorrow.

I hope Tina is right. I hope it is a positive image for gyros!

Tina

My conjecture is based solely on the site you sent us to look at and some 200+ hours of shows for these networks. If they associate gyros with tragic accidents it will be not good. If they use gyros to show that there are safe alternatives, it will be very good.

Of course I am hoping for the best and applaud your getting out there and being a rep for the pastime (I think of it as a pastime and not a hobby or sport).

My edge comes from the fact that I have done shows for these folks and lets just say it left me with a very bitter taste (like one of their biggest hit series was a total rip from me)... but thats my issue.

As we say in show biz Break a leg!

Didnt mean to pee on your parade. I just dont trust the sons of unwed mothers is all.

Fiveboy

FiveBoy I sorry you had some bad experiences with these networks but I think even showing a gyro on this program or any program on TV will just put more exposer out there about gyros.

It's funny anytime I talk to people about gyros most don't even know what they are, even some pilots at my airport will say I think I know what that is but never seen one.

I know we say gyros are the best kept secret in aviation and it is a big time secret here in California. More so here then other places. People flying gyros here in California seem to be disappearing.

It is sad to hear and see movie videos of the days gone by where this used to be a mica of gyro activity, now there is only few of us left and we are not getting any younger.

I also think flying gyros is a SPORT it takes training, discipline, dedication and the skill to fly a gyro. When I think of a PAST TIME I think of watching a football game or SHOCKWAVE with a beer in my hand :yo:

The Wauchula Boys will be watching at the Airport :)

Tina, I visited the History Channel to get a time (only knowing Eastern time schedule) it might aire. I previewed todays two shows and wasent able to take a peek-a-boo at anything that resembles gyro flying. Do ya know what storieline it was under?

I started to get worried again if the show was on tonight or what so I called the producer this time to ask him, he said yes and check out the History Channels schedule on the Internet http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=daily

It looks to be the 3rd segment that says "world renowned helicopter pilot takes a deadly plunge while performing at a Utah air-park"

Tina, I visited the History Channel to get a time (only knowing Eastern time schedule) it might aire. I previewed todays two shows and wasent able to take a peek-a-boo at anything that resembles gyro flying. Do ya know what storieline it was under?

Remember people it is about a pilot crashing his helicopter, it has nothing to do with gyros. The only flying gyro will be me in my interview talking about that day at the Fly-In in Utah and the show probably will only show a brief shoot of footage of me flying.

Just To Be Clear

Just To Be Clear

FiveBoy I sorry you had some bad experiences with these networks

Not the networks... History Channel!

I am eager to hear how it turns out. Down here in Panama we are on a totally different schedule.

Fiveboy

History Channel

History Channel

Time on History Channel "Shockwave" program says something about a "raging elephant"

airs 10 pm. On Direct TV. East Coast time.

My DVR is set to record it.

Jonathan

Shockwave

Shockwave

Shockwave on 9:00 pm Central time. Here is their short description.

Attachments

• Shockwave.JPG
    Shockwave.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Son of a Bitch !

Son of a Bitch !

Not "oh my GOD"

or "Ohhhh ****"

or "Craaaaaapp"!

"Son of a Bitch". too funny......

Tina you chose your words most excellently, meaning they did not have to bleep out the language.

Your interview was most professional.

Looked great, enjoyed it !

Your flying was first class.

Jonathan

I didn't catch this until the show was already over. Does anyone know if it will be showing again? I can't figure out how to find it on their web site.

Gyro Doug

Hi Doug, The show is on again at 2am here where I am at but not sure what time in your neck of the woods.

I have to say I am happy the way it turned out. It shows me flying my gyro the commentator says I am a FW pilot that fell in love with gyros. I think it portrays every thing I wanted it to and more. :D

Don't have a tv, but would like to see the program if anybody copied it a simple post to U-tube would be great.

Tina:

I saw the show last night. You spoke eloquently and looked GREAT! I really enjoyed it.

Best regards,

Bob

Congratulations

Congratulations

Tina

Even though I couldnt see the show it sounds like it was a success and I am very happy to publically say I was wrong! :yo:

Good thing no one took my bet!:der:

Congratulations!!!:humble:

Fiveboy:cool: